Mississippi Governor Declares April as Confederate Heritage Month

3obrzg.jpg

Thank you Mississippi for not erasing American history like many other states have done. ... :thup:

Hate to break it to you, but the confederacy seceded from the US and formed its own country. So it is not US history that will be celebrated.
So Cinco de Mayo should not be celebrated? IM2 if people want to celebrate Kwanzaa or Hanukkha, they should be able to as individuals. If the state is going to endorse or recognize an event, there should be some way to satisfy and represent public interests and objections. If it violates the beliefs of citizens, those issues should be resolved first.
Now this is just stupid Emily. Rethink your position. The confederacy, Cinco De Mayo and Kwanzaa have zero in common. So do you want to celebrate ISIS month? Because that is more applicable to the confederacy.

Republicans have never changed, and the left, democrats, Dixiecrats, have never changed.. and can be proven easily..

As for the Republicans, their Lily White movement within the party started in Texas immediately after the civil war.
Frederick Douglass Booker T. Washington Martha Luther King, were all Republicans

I'm not an expert on black history. Would make sense to me though that F. Douglas and B.T. Washington were Republicans. A book I read a few years ago that I found very interesting is Beale Street Dynasty, about the South's first black millionaire, Robert Church Sr (1839-1912). He was a Republican also.

As for MLK, I've read that while a good portion of blacks switched to the Democrats during FDR's presidency, Barry Goldwater drove most of what was left over to the Democratic side and that MLK got the vote out for LBJ.

About the only thing I take issue with you is the statement that slavery had nothing to do with the civil war and wondering which parties you believe represented the left and right back in the election of 1860 as you say things haven't changed?

Otherwise, towards all here, I'm still confused with what Confederate Heritage is all about and why the distinction is drawn from a more inclusive Southern Heritage?
Jtss knows nothing about black history and

bz9e_1vceaaxx2v-large.jpg

The republican plan was to free the slaves then ship them back to Africa or South America. Republicans also ended reconstruction with the 1876 Compromise. Seems these fact escape republicans in here.

Our nation spilled so much blood, hundreds of thousands of lives, and we have spent hundreds of billions of USD providing welfare assistance to minority communities that if they still think we are racist against them, I dont really give a fuck any more. They are now gaming us for more free shit now, to hell with all of them that still play that race card.

Every confederate civil war group I follow on Facebook pays respect to blacks like I never seen before. They honor black soldiers men and women. It’s the complete opposite of how democrats talk about southern confederates

How in the hell do you pay respect to someone you enslaved, raped, maimed, dehumanized and murdered. It would be like saying Nazis pay respect to Jewish folks who suffered in the Holocaust.
Well when you stop lying about history, then you can understand..

The liar is you Trump Humper, I guess next you are going to tell us that the Confederacy treated their slaves great.
There was once a thread on here and some right wing lunatic claimed black people should be thanking white people for slavery.
I kid you not.

Each and every negro in the USA whose ancestors were brought here as slaves should get down on his/her knees and give thanks each and every day for that fortuitous event. Otherwise, they would still be in the steaming, fetid jungles of Africa, dying of malaria, Ebola, AIDS, malnutrition and countless other maladies, subsisting on bushmeat and grass soup.

Got it?
Shut the fuck up idiot. Africa had cities, universities and everything else while whitey was dying from the bubonic ratfest.

Our nation spilled so much blood, hundreds of thousands of lives, and we have spent hundreds of billions of USD providing welfare assistance to minority communities that if they still think we are racist against them, I dont really give a fuck any more. They are now gaming us for more free shit now, to hell with all of them that still play that race card.
That's a lie. try again. Maybe you go look at government policies during the 20th, all of them before you speak.

Every confederate civil war group I follow on Facebook pays respect to blacks like I never seen before. They honor black soldiers men and women. It’s the complete opposite of how democrats talk about southern confederates

How in the hell do you pay respect to someone you enslaved, raped, maimed, dehumanized and murdered. It would be like saying Nazis pay respect to Jewish folks who suffered in the Holocaust.

The liar is you Trump Humper, I guess next you are going to tell us that the Confederacy treated their slaves great.
There was once a thread on here and some right wing lunatic claimed black people should be thanking white people for slavery.
I kid you not.

Each and every negro in the USA whose ancestors were brought here as slaves should get down on his/her knees and give thanks each and every day for that fortuitous event. Otherwise, they would still be in the steaming, fetid jungles of Africa, dying of malaria, Ebola, AIDS, malnutrition and countless other maladies, subsisting on bushmeat and grass soup.

Got it?

Racist like you need to move to Siberia, where it's lily white and no black folks.

Racists such as you need to move to Burkina Faso, where it's coal black and no white folks.

Got it?

I am not spreading racist bullshit like you and the fools giving you the likes.

If you are a liberal, you are a racist, through and through.

That's Psychology 101, which you obviously bypassed, probably due to the fact you were shooting up heroin in the bathroom during that class.

Let me know when you have something other than that bullshit racist propaganda.

Mirabeau deals in FACTS.

The FACT that you do not recognize that indicates that you possess a low IQ or are a victim of a ghetto "education." Actually, both are probably true.

The only FACT you deal in, is the FACT that you are a racist POS.

Ahh . . . yes. When one cannot engage in learned debate with Mirabeau, the only recourse is to hurriedly retreat to the old, mildewed, tattered, Jesse Jackson/Al Sharpton/Maxine Waters playbook, and call the learned, erudite Mirabeau a "racist."

Does that make you proud?

(Watch this, folks!)

Learned debate, you're spewing racist bullshit. Why would any black person be happy about the torture, raping, brutalization and murder that our ancestors had to endure. Your whole premise is asinine.

Which day will be lynching day?

Lynching and the Confederacy are two distinct historical events. Obviously you can honor one, without honoring the other.

D'uh.

No you can't, because they are one and the same. Who made up the Confederacy? The same racist who raping, maiming, beating and murdering black folks. Duh.

Wow. That is completely ignorant of you.

The Confederacy was a regional (the south) government of states that rebelled against the National government.

Lynching was mob attacks on people for various reasons from informal law enforcement to racial terrorism, that was found though out the nation as as whole, not limited to the South.

TO say they are the same thing is just a... oh, right.

You are lying. Sorry, and I'm the guy that started the thread the Lesson of Charlottessville.

Yeah, your lie is dismissed.

My point stands.

Lynching and the Confederacy are two distinct historical events. Obviously you can honor one, without honoring the other.

D'uh.

What people made up the Confederacy? People that had just come over from Europe.

No, they weren't.

There is nothing wrong with Southern's having some regional pride. It was over 150 years ago, why do you care?

What is the pride in owner another human being, what pride do you take in treating another human as less than human, what is the pride in inventing the KKK and before you start whining about they weren't Southern that's bullshit.

I've never heard or seen any Southern who celebrate his regional pride, by mentioning any of those things.

You ever hear this song? Not one mention of slavery or the Klan. Funny how they seem to pick and choose. Like everyone else does. And you are living in a fantasy land.

Speaking of picking and choosing, all those things are a LARGE part of their history. So what part of Southern history should black folks celebrate since we were a huge part of that history.

You should celebrate the slave markets, without which the vast majority of negroes would never have made it to the New World.

NEXT QUESTION!

Looks like we got us a new racist troll

FACTS are NEVER "racist."

This FACT has been brought to you free of charge by the great Mirabeau.

The only FACT that has been brought is the FACT that you are a racist POS.

I've never met any white, who feels actual shame over something done by other people, long ago.
But these new 'reverse racists' are all about assigning racial guilt onto whites so they can use it in rhetorical justification for more laws and programs that discriminate against whites and Asians.

That is the whole point; being the rhetorical engine to pass out racial privilege and discrimination.

And even though we constantly call them on it, and everyone knows it,

they just play pretend,and somehow that is enough for them.

I cannot conceive of what the insides of their minds look like.

Wow, how many USD have provided welfare assistance to white communities? How do you fools come to the conclusion that welfare was created for black folks.

I kid you not.

Got it?

Racist like you need to move to Siberia, where it's lily white and no black folks.

Racists such as you need to move to Burkina Faso, where it's coal black and no white folks.

Got it?

I am not spreading racist bullshit like you and the fools giving you the likes.

If you are a liberal, you are a racist, through and through.

That's Psychology 101, which you obviously bypassed, probably due to the fact you were shooting up heroin in the bathroom during that class.

Let me know when you have something other than that bullshit racist propaganda.

Mirabeau deals in FACTS.

The FACT that you do not recognize that indicates that you possess a low IQ or are a victim of a ghetto "education." Actually, both are probably true.

The only FACT you deal in, is the FACT that you are a racist POS.

Ahh . . . yes. When one cannot engage in learned debate with Mirabeau, the only recourse is to hurriedly retreat to the old, mildewed, tattered, Jesse Jackson/Al Sharpton/Maxine Waters playbook, and call the learned, erudite Mirabeau a "racist."

Does that make you proud?

(Watch this, folks!)

Learned debate, you're spewing racist bullshit. Why would any black person be happy about the torture, raping, brutalization and murder that our ancestors had to endure. Your whole premise is asinine.
Would you rather be getting raped by an elephant? Hello?

D'uh.

No you can't, because they are one and the same. Who made up the Confederacy? The same racist who raping, maiming, beating and murdering black folks. Duh.

The Confederacy was a regional (the south) government of states that rebelled against the National government.

Lynching was mob attacks on people for various reasons from informal law enforcement to racial terrorism, that was found though out the nation as as whole, not limited to the South.

You are lying. Sorry, and I'm the guy that started the thread the Lesson of Charlottessville.

My point stands.

D'uh.

What people made up the Confederacy? People that had just come over from Europe.

No, they weren't.

There is nothing wrong with Southern's having some regional pride. It was over 150 years ago, why do you care?

What is the pride in owner another human being, what pride do you take in treating another human as less than human, what is the pride in inventing the KKK and before you start whining about they weren't Southern that's bullshit.

I've never heard or seen any Southern who celebrate his regional pride, by mentioning any of those things.

You ever hear this song? Not one mention of slavery or the Klan. Funny how they seem to pick and choose. Like everyone else does. And you are living in a fantasy land.

Speaking of picking and choosing, all those things are a LARGE part of their history.

Was it? Most whites were not of the Plantation Class. Most of the people fighting were not fighting FOR slavery, but because of other reasons, such as nationalism, or that a fucking ARMY was rolling into their country.

You ever live in the South?

So what part of Southern history should black folks celebrate since we were a huge part of that history.

Whatever parts they want. I've heard blacks talk fondly of the South, in a number of ways from the cuisine to the strong family structure, to the beauty of the land to the music to the ole time religion.

When I visited the Birthplace of Robert E. Lee, they have local black actors and actresses telling tales of surviving slavery. A subject that they managed to avoid be boring on, very impressive.

D'uh.

My point stands.

D'uh.

No, they weren't.

Speaking of picking and choosing, all those things are a LARGE part of their history. So what part of Southern history should black folks celebrate since we were a huge part of that history.

You should celebrate the slave markets, without which the vast majority of negroes would never have made it to the New World.

NEXT QUESTION!

Hate newbies trying to prove themselves

This troll won’t last long

That's all you've got????

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I’ve seen trolls like this before

They come on, taunt and post offensive material. They either tire of the game or get banned.

You ever hear this song? Not one mention of slavery or the Klan...

This is a truly moving song — precisely because it is about the suffering of a working man and his family stuck in the middle of the Civil War, who did NOT have slaves. That does not change the fact that defense of slavery was the fundamental cause of the Confederate rebellion.

Agreed. Or at least, even if his family did have a slave or two, the loss of them is not what he is singly about.

This song was written and made famous by a Canadian musician, whose mother was of Native American heritage, and the excellent group, “The Band,” was working with Bob Dylan at the time. Joan Baez also did a fine version of the song. It celebrates our common humanity, not the Confederacy.

I disagree. "Look, come see, there goes the Robert E. Lee!" is celebrating the Confederacy. The impact of the song, comes from celebrating the humanity of the people of the Confederacy, who then became our fellow Americans after the war.

"Richmond had fell"? Who cares about that? But the suffering of the people, who cannot empathize with that?

To be sure, like “Gone With the Wind,” this song is the product of an American culture that treats our history primarily through a white prism.

Used to treat our history primarily through a white prism.

The Union cavalry officer George Stoneman, who “tore up the tracks again,” later took over responsibility for governing the swollen and divided population of Memphis, Tennessee. After three days of white rioting against freedmen in 1866 resulted in many black deaths and the destruction of all the black churches in the city (and after similar white riots against black soldiers in New Orleans), Radical Reconstruction forces in Congress were (temporarily) strengthened. This helped pass crucial post-war Amendments that were supposed to guarantee that all African-Americans would never be enslaved again, and that they would have equal rights as citizens. But Memphis blacks were already “put in their place” and most were driven out of Memphis, never to return. Elsewhere in the South bitterness and white racism festered, and anti-black terrorism grew, until it was institutionalized under Jim Crow.

So, behind a beautiful Canadian song sadly invoking a mythical “Night They Drove Old Dixie Down” ... was real, ugly, tragic American history.

What happened to "Virgil Cane"? We were just talking about him, and now you moved the focus to some people in Memphis? We were just talking about the suffering of the working man in the Confederacy, and now you seem to be implying that he was a racist murderer who burned black churches.?

I apologize if that sounded snarky, but here is my point.

You make the point that American history is seen "though a white prism" while in reality, right now, they are literally tearing down statues of "the Robert E' Lee".

You are acting like it is... the early 50s? You are ignore all the history books and classes taught since, that have been beating DOWN people like Virgil Cane, and denying the shared humanity with people like him.

D'uh.

My point stands.

D'uh.

No, they weren't.

NEXT QUESTION!

Said the man that can't tell the truth about the word "not".

D'uh.

My point stands.

D'uh.

No, they weren't.

NEXT QUESTION!

Hate newbies trying to prove themselves

This troll won’t last long

D'uh.

My point stands.

D'uh.

No, they weren't.

NEXT QUESTION!

Link

Forum List

Back