Mississippi Governor Declares April as Confederate Heritage Month

Every confederate civil war group I follow on Facebook pays respect to blacks like I never seen before. They honor black soldiers men and women. Itā€™s the complete opposite of how democrats talk about southern confederates

How in the hell do you pay respect to someone you enslaved, raped, maimed, dehumanized and murdered. It would be like saying Nazis pay respect to Jewish folks who suffered in the Holocaust.
Well when you stop lying about history, then you can understand..

The liar is you Trump Humper, I guess next you are going to tell us that the Confederacy treated their slaves great.
There was once a thread on here and some right wing lunatic claimed black people should be thanking white people for slavery.
I kid you not.

Each and every negro in the USA whose ancestors were brought here as slaves should get down on his/her knees and give thanks each and every day for that fortuitous event. Otherwise, they would still be in the steaming, fetid jungles of Africa, dying of malaria, Ebola, AIDS, malnutrition and countless other maladies, subsisting on bushmeat and grass soup.

Got it?
As a matter of fact, I don't "Got it." Neither do you. I suggest you do some research.

Mirabeau, has, indeed, conducted YEARS of research with respect to matters of history, geography and race, with advanced degrees which bear witness to same. It is an indisputable FACT that each and every negro in the USA today who is here due to his/her ancestors being brought from Africa as slaves owe a PROFOUND debt of gratitude for those who brought them here.

Got it, NOW?

You ignorance is PROFOUND.

Speaking of ignorance: "YOU" ignorance is PROFOUND?

What part of 'de ghetto do you be from?

(Watch this, folks!)

Really amazing after 160 years you twats can't get over this shit and move on
It is hard to forgive and forget the war in which your ancestors were invaded and conquored by a hostile gaggle of conscripted drunk Irishmen.
You mean an act of treason by scumbags who would render the Union asunder for the sake of an evil institution and the arrogance of traitorous dogs who started a civil war in which they knew they had no chance of prevailing.

And never underestimate a drunken Irishman.
I canā€™t believe you are in education.. scary

Itā€™s no wonder that education is scary to you.

Republicans have never changed, and the left, democrats, Dixiecrats, have never changed.. and can be proven easily..

As for the Republicans, their Lily White movement within the party started in Texas immediately after the civil war.
Frederick Douglass Booker T. Washington Martha Luther King, were all Republicans

I'm not an expert on black history. Would make sense to me though that F. Douglas and B.T. Washington were Republicans. A book I read a few years ago that I found very interesting is Beale Street Dynasty, about the South's first black millionaire, Robert Church Sr (1839-1912). He was a Republican also.

As for MLK, I've read that while a good portion of blacks switched to the Democrats during FDR's presidency, Barry Goldwater drove most of what was left over to the Democratic side and that MLK got the vote out for LBJ.

About the only thing I take issue with you is the statement that slavery had nothing to do with the civil war and wondering which parties you believe represented the left and right back in the election of 1860 as you say things haven't changed?

Otherwise, towards all here, I'm still confused with what Confederate Heritage is all about and why the distinction is drawn from a more inclusive Southern Heritage?

Every confederate civil war group I follow on Facebook pays respect to blacks like I never seen before. They honor black soldiers men and women. Itā€™s the complete opposite of how democrats talk about southern confederates

How in the hell do you pay respect to someone you enslaved, raped, maimed, dehumanized and murdered. It would be like saying Nazis pay respect to Jewish folks who suffered in the Holocaust.

The liar is you Trump Humper, I guess next you are going to tell us that the Confederacy treated their slaves great.
There was once a thread on here and some right wing lunatic claimed black people should be thanking white people for slavery.
I kid you not.

Each and every negro in the USA whose ancestors were brought here as slaves should get down on his/her knees and give thanks each and every day for that fortuitous event. Otherwise, they would still be in the steaming, fetid jungles of Africa, dying of malaria, Ebola, AIDS, malnutrition and countless other maladies, subsisting on bushmeat and grass soup.

Got it?

Racist like you need to move to Siberia, where it's lily white and no black folks.

Racists such as you need to move to Burkina Faso, where it's coal black and no white folks.

Got it?

I am not spreading racist bullshit like you and the fools giving you the likes.

If you are a liberal, you are a racist, through and through.

That's Psychology 101, which you obviously bypassed, probably due to the fact you were shooting up heroin in the bathroom during that class.

Let me know when you have something other than that bullshit racist propaganda.

Mirabeau deals in FACTS.

The FACT that you do not recognize that indicates that you possess a low IQ or are a victim of a ghetto "education." Actually, both are probably true.

I kid you not.

Got it?
As a matter of fact, I don't "Got it." Neither do you. I suggest you do some research.

Mirabeau, has, indeed, conducted YEARS of research with respect to matters of history, geography and race, with advanced degrees which bear witness to same. It is an indisputable FACT that each and every negro in the USA today who is here due to his/her ancestors being brought from Africa as slaves owe a PROFOUND debt of gratitude for those who brought them here.

Got it, NOW?

I got it that you are an ignorant, racist moron.

FAIL!

Thanks, however, for attempting, in your own feeble way, to participate in this discussion.

Do you desire Mirabeau to present you with a participation award?

I desire Mirabeau to take that racist bullshit he is spewing and shove it up his ass. Now run and tell that genius.

Facts, boy. Mirabeau states FACTS.

Never forget that FACT.

Got it?

You ever hear this song? Not one mention of slavery or the Klan...

This is a truly moving song ā€” precisely because it is about the suffering of a working man and his family stuck in the middle of the Civil War, who did NOT have slaves. That does not change the fact that defense of slavery was the fundamental cause of the Confederate rebellion.

This song was written and made famous by a Canadian musician, whose mother was of Native American heritage, and the excellent group, ā€œThe Band,ā€ was working with Bob Dylan at the time. Joan Baez also did a fine version of the song. It celebrates our common humanity, not the Confederacy.

To be sure, like ā€œGone With the Wind,ā€ this song is the product of an American culture that treats our history primarily through a white prism. The Union cavalry officer George Stoneman, who ā€œtore up the tracks again,ā€ later took over responsibility for governing the swollen and divided population of Memphis, Tennessee. After three days of white rioting against freedmen in 1866 resulted in many black deaths and the destruction of all the black churches in the city (and after similar white riots against black soldiers in New Orleans), Radical Reconstruction forces in Congress were (temporarily) strengthened. This helped pass crucial post-war Amendments that were supposed to guarantee that all African-Americans would never be enslaved again, and that they would have equal rights as citizens. But Memphis blacks were already ā€œput in their placeā€ and most were driven out of Memphis, never to return. Elsewhere in the South bitterness and white racism festered, and anti-black terrorism grew, until it was institutionalized under Jim Crow.

So, behind a beautiful Canadian song sadly invoking a mythical ā€œNight They Drove Old Dixie Downā€ ... was real, ugly, tragic American history.

Last edited:
It is hard to forgive and forget the war in which your ancestors were invaded and conquored by a hostile gaggle of conscripted drunk Irishmen.
You mean an act of treason by scumbags who would render the Union asunder for the sake of an evil institution and the arrogance of traitorous dogs who started a civil war in which they knew they had no chance of prevailing.

Some Asians also have a Confederate heritage. Some were even slave-owners. Also 12 members of the crew of the Confederate raider Shenandoah were native Hawaiians

Asians Fought For The Confederacy! | Civil War History Discussion

"Charles Chon, a Chinese National, was a private in Company K, 24th Texas Dismounted Cavalry Regiment, C.S.A. He was killed at the Battle of Franklin, TN, on Nov. 30, 1864, and is buried on the battlefield at the McGavock Confederate Cemetery. Another Asian-Confederate was William Henry Kwan of Co. B, 15th (or 12th) Virginia Battalion of Light Artillery. Kwan is a Cantonese (Chinese) name. The Military Image magazine showed his picture in their 1993 issue, where he appears to be of mixed Asian and Caucasian parentage. Another verified Asian Confederate is John Fouenty, a native of China, who was a cigar-maker in Savannah, GA, when the war broke out. He served in the Confederate army for a year, then was released because he was under age. Private Fouenty later returned to his native China. Research by Chinese-American researcher Shaie Mei Deng Temple of New Orleans, LA, reveals at least eighteen Asian-Confederates in various LA units, with names like Chou, Coo, Ding, Fai, Foo, Gong, Hai, Ho, Joung, Lin, Lee, Lou, Pang, Poo, Ting, and Wong.

Perhaps the most famous Asian-Confederate soldiers were the two sons of famed P.T. Barnum Circus world-renowned Siamese Twins, Chang and Eng Bunker. (The Thai twins took the name "Bunker" to Americanize themselves.) Chang & Eng, joined at the chest from birth, were devoted Confederates, tobacco growers, and slave-owners, living as farmers in North Carolina after they retired from the circus. In 1865, Gen. Sherman tried to conscript (draft) a most unwilling Eng for the Union Army, but could not, since Chang had not likewise been conscripted! If Sherman had known more about their family, he wouldn't have bothered to even try to draft a Bunker, so fierce was the family's devotion to the Confederacy. The twins had married the Yates sisters and had several children, rotating between each others' houses every few days. During the war, the Bunkers strongly supported the South, providing food, clothing, and nursing to Confederate troops. Chang's son, Christopher, served in Co. I, 37th Battalion, Virginia Cavalry. He was wounded and captured at Moorefield, WV, and spent several months in a Yankee POW Camp before being exchanged. He had to eat rats to keep from starving in the Yankee POW Camp. Stephen Bunker, son of Eng Bunker, joined the same cavalry unit. He was wounded at Winchester, VA, and again before war's end. He and his brother both became farmers after the war.

Pvt. Charley Pang, Co. G. 1st La Infantry En. Federal Rolls of Prisoners of war. Captured near Chickamauga, Ga., Sept. 20, 1863. Forward to Military prison, Louisville, Ky., from Nashville, Tenn., Sept. 30, 1863. Transferred to Camp Douglas, Chicago,Ill. in the city, about a mile south of the modern South Side Chinatown, Oct. 2 1863. Note: Co. G was named Orleans Light Guards Company."

joseph-pierce-2-jpg.228590
jp-2-jpg.228591

Some Asians also have a Confederate heritage. Some were even slave-owners...

Asians Fought For The Confederacy! | Civil War History Discussion

"Charles Chon, a Chinese National, was a private in Company K, 24th Texas Dismounted Cavalry Regiment, C.S.A. He was killed at the Battle of Franklin, TN, on Nov. 30, 1864, and is buried on the battlefield at the McGavock Confederate Cemetery. Another Asian-Confederate was William Henry Kwan of Co. B, 15th (or 12th) Virginia Battalion of Light Artillery. Kwan is a Cantonese (Chinese) name. The Military Image magazine showed his picture in their 1993 issue, where he appears to be of mixed Asian and Caucasian parentage. Another verified Asian Confederate is John Fouenty, a native of China, who was a cigar-maker in Savannah, GA, when the war broke out. He served in the Confederate army for a year, then was released because he was under age. Private Fouenty later returned to his native China. Research by Chinese-American researcher Shaie Mei Deng Temple of New Orleans, LA, reveals at least eighteen Asian-Confederates in various LA units, with names like Chou, Coo, Ding, Fai, Foo, Gong, Hai, Ho, Joung, Lin, Lee, Lou, Pang, Poo, Ting, and Wong.

Perhaps the most famous Asian-Confederate soldiers were the two sons of famed P.T. Barnum Circus world-renowned Siamese Twins, Chang and Eng Bunker. (The Thai twins took the name "Bunker" to Americanize themselves.) Chang & Eng, joined at the chest from birth, were devoted Confederates, tobacco growers, and slave-owners, living as farmers in North Carolina after they retired from the circus. In 1865, Gen. Sherman tried to conscript (draft) a most unwilling Eng for the Union Army, but could not, since Chang had not likewise been conscripted! If Sherman had known more about their family, he wouldn't have bothered to even try to draft a Bunker, so fierce was the family's devotion to the Confederacy. The twins had married the Yates sisters and had several children, rotating between each others' houses every few days. During the war, the Bunkers strongly supported the South, providing food, clothing, and nursing to Confederate troops. Chang's son, Christopher, served in Co. I, 37th Battalion, Virginia Cavalry. He was wounded and captured at Moorefield, WV, and spent several months in a Yankee POW Camp before being exchanged. He had to eat rats to keep from starving in the Yankee POW Camp. Stephen Bunker, son of Eng Bunker, joined the same cavalry unit. He was wounded at Winchester, VA, and again before war's end. He and his brother both became farmers after the war.

Pvt. Charley Pang, Co. G. 1st La Infantry En. Federal Rolls of Prisoners of war. Captured near Chickamauga, Ga., Sept. 20, 1863. Forward to Military prison, Louisville, Ky., from Nashville, Tenn., Sept. 30, 1863. Transferred to Camp Douglas, Chicago,Ill. in the city, about a mile south of the modern South Side Chinatown, Oct. 2 1863. Note: Co. G was named Orleans Light Guards Company."

joseph-pierce-2-jpg.228590
jp-2-jpg.228591
And? What does that have to do with this discussion?

I kid you not.

Got it?

Racist like you need to move to Siberia, where it's lily white and no black folks.

Racists such as you need to move to Burkina Faso, where it's coal black and no white folks.

Got it?

That's Psychology 101, which you obviously bypassed, probably due to the fact you were shooting up heroin in the bathroom during that class.

Mirabeau deals in FACTS.

The FACT that you do not recognize that indicates that you possess a low IQ or are a victim of a ghetto "education." Actually, both are probably true.

The only FACT you deal in, is the FACT that you are a racist POS.

Your destroying kids
Learn English or get out of my country.
Retire or lose your pension you hack

Wrong forum, troll.
Get educated loser
Maybe you should finish your HiSET before mouthing off, stupid.

And youā€™re still on the wrong forum.
I get invited to speak at major universities like Harvard and MIT to speak about history youā€™re a turd

Oh my God, you have taken that lying to a new level.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
As for the actual topic, it seems to me that the relevant history can be recognized without trying to glorify the traitorous assault on the Union in the name of abject evil.

Many southerners fought hard for what they were told was a defense of their homes and families, but in truth they were appropriated for the most unjust of causes. Remember them, but be honest about what was really involved.

Southerns who fought for independence! Youā€™re great Americans!

I kid you not.

Got it?

Got it?

Mirabeau deals in FACTS.

The only FACT you deal in, is the FACT that you are a racist POS.

Ahh . . . yes. When one cannot engage in learned debate with Mirabeau, the only recourse is to hurriedly retreat to the old, mildewed, tattered, Jesse Jackson/Al Sharpton/Maxine Waters playbook, and call the learned, erudite Mirabeau a "racist."

Does that make you proud?

(Watch this, folks!)

Which day will be lynching day?

Lynching and the Confederacy are two distinct historical events. Obviously you can honor one, without honoring the other.

D'uh.

No you can't, because they are one and the same. Who made up the Confederacy? The same racist who raping, maiming, beating and murdering black folks. Duh.

Wow. That is completely ignorant of you.

The Confederacy was a regional (the south) government of states that rebelled against the National government.

Lynching was mob attacks on people for various reasons from informal law enforcement to racial terrorism, that was found though out the nation as as whole, not limited to the South.

TO say they are the same thing is just a... oh, right.

You are lying. Sorry, and I'm the guy that started the thread the Lesson of Charlottessville.

Yeah, your lie is dismissed.

My point stands.

Lynching and the Confederacy are two distinct historical events. Obviously you can honor one, without honoring the other.

D'uh.

What people made up the Confederacy? People that had just come over from Europe.

No, they weren't.

There is nothing wrong with Southern's having some regional pride. It was over 150 years ago, why do you care?

What is the pride in owner another human being, what pride do you take in treating another human as less than human, what is the pride in inventing the KKK and before you start whining about they weren't Southern that's bullshit.

I've never heard or seen any Southern who celebrate his regional pride, by mentioning any of those things.

You ever hear this song? Not one mention of slavery or the Klan. Funny how they seem to pick and choose. Like everyone else does. And you are living in a fantasy land.

Speaking of picking and choosing, all those things are a LARGE part of their history. So what part of Southern history should black folks celebrate since we were a huge part of that history.

You should celebrate the slave markets, without which the vast majority of negroes would never have made it to the New World.

NEXT QUESTION!

Looks like we got us a new racist troll

D'uh.

No you can't, because they are one and the same. Who made up the Confederacy? The same racist who raping, maiming, beating and murdering black folks. Duh.

The Confederacy was a regional (the south) government of states that rebelled against the National government.

Lynching was mob attacks on people for various reasons from informal law enforcement to racial terrorism, that was found though out the nation as as whole, not limited to the South.

You are lying. Sorry, and I'm the guy that started the thread the Lesson of Charlottessville.

My point stands.

D'uh.

What people made up the Confederacy? People that had just come over from Europe.

No, they weren't.

There is nothing wrong with Southern's having some regional pride. It was over 150 years ago, why do you care?

What is the pride in owner another human being, what pride do you take in treating another human as less than human, what is the pride in inventing the KKK and before you start whining about they weren't Southern that's bullshit.

I've never heard or seen any Southern who celebrate his regional pride, by mentioning any of those things.

You ever hear this song? Not one mention of slavery or the Klan. Funny how they seem to pick and choose. Like everyone else does. And you are living in a fantasy land.

Speaking of picking and choosing, all those things are a LARGE part of their history. So what part of Southern history should black folks celebrate since we were a huge part of that history.

You should celebrate the slave markets, without which the vast majority of negroes would never have made it to the New World.

NEXT QUESTION!

FACTS are NEVER "racist."

This FACT has been brought to you free of charge by the great Mirabeau.

D'uh.

My point stands.

D'uh.

No, they weren't.

NEXT QUESTION!

Hate newbies trying to prove themselves

This troll wonā€™t last long

Thank you Mississippi for not erasing American history like many other states have done. ... :thup:

Hate to break it to you, but the confederacy seceded from the US and formed its own country. So it is not US history that will be celebrated.
So Cinco de Mayo should not be celebrated? IM2 if people want to celebrate Kwanzaa or Hanukkha, they should be able to as individuals. If the state is going to endorse or recognize an event, there should be some way to satisfy and represent public interests and objections. If it violates the beliefs of citizens, those issues should be resolved first.

D'uh.

My point stands.

D'uh.

No, they weren't.

NEXT QUESTION!

Hate newbies trying to prove themselves

This troll wonā€™t last long

That's all you've got????

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

These sick racist Trump trolls actually do the world a favor...

By showing themselves dumber, MORE racist, MORE obnoxious even than their hero, they prove to many otherwise undecided folks exactly how dangerous and toxic Trumpā€™s movement is.

Rational and serious people neednā€™t waste time with THEM.

There are, however, still many traditional Republicans and Conservatives here who support Trump. These are the ones worth talking to, since most remember that Lincoln Republicans were Unionists, became Abolitionists, and fought a necessary and hugely important war against a Confederate Rebellion whose cornerstone was racial slavery.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back