Michael Moore calls for Starbucks boycott

True, more of a gig society and that Is one of the reasons for the ACA,

There is only one reason for the ACA, and that is to create as many new government dependents as possible.

Yes...the goal was to use ACA to destroy private healthcare and to allow the democrats to call for universal medicare...hmmmmm....seems to have worked...

I'm a victim of losing my employer sponsored insurance thanks to that big-eared commie. So I'm about ready to throw in the towel myself and say to hell with it, let government take it over. Commie Care was designed for Democrat voters; those who make french fries or mop floors for a living. If you make a moderate income, it's completely unaffordable.

Lets see, there is nothing constant in life, even your health. So before "Commie Care" there was something known as pre exiting conditions and the Ins. companies would deny you or underwrite your premiums so high, you could not afford them. This affected hiring and everything. Many filed bankruptcy due to health reasons. Now you don't need to worry and get on the ACA, it will go according to your income.

Bull. What they are telling me is they want nearly a weeks paycheck for a policy with 9K out of pocket and 9K deductible. No meds, no dental, and an office copay. In other words, it's worthless to me. For anything I can use, they want a week and a half paycheck, and it's still a crappy policy, just not as crappy as the one above.

The government can't tell you what you can afford and what you can't because they don't know your expenses. They don't ask how much you pay for rent or mortgage. They don't ask if you are on medication and how much that costs. They don't ask what your medical bills are that their crummy insurance doesn't cover. They don't ask how much gasoline you use to get to work, or what your property taxes and insurance are. All they say is you make X, you are X old, and this is what you can afford. Big Brother has spoken.

I had employer sponsored coverage my entire adult life with preexisting conditions until that creep created Commie Care. The day it started, my employer dropped our coverage. Now I'm screwed, because many other employers did the exact same, and trying to find a new job at my age is tough enough yet alone a job with reasonable coverage.

I have no idea what you are talking about, you must of checked out a bronze plan and I don't know what state you live in. 9 k out of pocket, that is the most you pay out of pocket, sure beats 250,000 for a 7 day hospital stay depending on what is wrong. Those plans are for HSA's people.

No medical conditions, just according to age. You might be healthy today, and not tomorrow. So your employer is to blame not Obama. Get on the ACA. Yes they like younger workers, less health problems.

I think today's society is more mobile, people are no longer living in the same town their whole lives and working for the same company. One of the things that slowed the recovery from the last election was that people could not go to where the jobs were as they were upside down on their houses and did not want to just walk away. People want the freedom and flexibility to go where they are lead to go or where their job leads them.

That may be part of it, but I really think the younger generations don't want to deal with the problems. My employer has a small business magazine he subscribes to, and they had an article there about millennials and Gen-X people. Many of them lease their cars instead of buying them. They rent their furniture and appliances. They just don't want to deal with the problems of home ownership. They don't want to have to cut lawns, remove snow, fix a toilet, nothing. It's just so much easier to make a phone call to solve any problem you have.

Seems as though many can't see beyond a six month time span, and salespeople know that. A leased car, with a payment less than if purchased does have some appeal, after all how else can they work their iPhone and Starbucks into a budget.

The one nice thing about owning your car is being able to do what you want with it. I have a remote start on my car that I operate from my cell phone. I know people that would love to get the same thing, but they can't because their car is leased. My sister leased a car one time. When she turned it in they charged her for an accident she never had. They found glass in-between the seats and investigated for repair work. She later demanded her money because she did a car-fax on it, and found out it was in an accident--before she leased it. She's owned every one of her cars since.

I don't understand the mentality of paying for everything forever. When I payoff a car or credit card, it's such a relief. Same goes with all my other bills. I guess maybe I need that goal to strive for. I dream of the day my properties are paid for, then most of the rent money I collect goes to me instead of the bank.

For me, the one nice thing about owning a car is not having monthly payments, and using that car as part of a down payment when it's time for a new one.

Another thing is what if you really love the car? They make you turn it in in three or five years. The only option is to buy the car off of them, but they want more money than the car is worth from what I'm told.

My car is ten years old and has 106,000 miles on it. I plan on getting another one this spring after the snow melts. I won't buy a new one because I don't want to be stuck with payments for God knows how many years. I will still have to take a loan, but nothing I can't have paid off in a year. I usually buy my cars with about 20,000 miles on it. Actually I would keep the car I have, but having it repaired all the time is good money chasing after bad. I would rather use that money towards paying on a newer car.

I definitely had a checkered past, which included a motorcycle that was almost reprocessed (almost because they couldn't find it). Current car I paid cash for, best feeling and deal ever. It's 5 years old now, and three people have run into me over the years. Considering a new one but haven't decided, will be paying cash though, using the current car (which is actually a truck) to cut the price of a new one in half.

Yes...the goal was to use ACA to destroy private healthcare and to allow the democrats to call for universal medicare...hmmmmm....seems to have worked...

I'm a victim of losing my employer sponsored insurance thanks to that big-eared commie. So I'm about ready to throw in the towel myself and say to hell with it, let government take it over. Commie Care was designed for Democrat voters; those who make french fries or mop floors for a living. If you make a moderate income, it's completely unaffordable.

Lets see, there is nothing constant in life, even your health. So before "Commie Care" there was something known as pre exiting conditions and the Ins. companies would deny you or underwrite your premiums so high, you could not afford them. This affected hiring and everything. Many filed bankruptcy due to health reasons. Now you don't need to worry and get on the ACA, it will go according to your income.

Bull. What they are telling me is they want nearly a weeks paycheck for a policy with 9K out of pocket and 9K deductible. No meds, no dental, and an office copay. In other words, it's worthless to me. For anything I can use, they want a week and a half paycheck, and it's still a crappy policy, just not as crappy as the one above.

The government can't tell you what you can afford and what you can't because they don't know your expenses. They don't ask how much you pay for rent or mortgage. They don't ask if you are on medication and how much that costs. They don't ask what your medical bills are that their crummy insurance doesn't cover. They don't ask how much gasoline you use to get to work, or what your property taxes and insurance are. All they say is you make X, you are X old, and this is what you can afford. Big Brother has spoken.

I had employer sponsored coverage my entire adult life with preexisting conditions until that creep created Commie Care. The day it started, my employer dropped our coverage. Now I'm screwed, because many other employers did the exact same, and trying to find a new job at my age is tough enough yet alone a job with reasonable coverage.

I had employer sponsored coverage my entire adult life with preexisting conditions until that creep created Commie Care. The day it started, my employer dropped our coverage.

Yes...obama had to destroy the incentive for private companies to offer insurance.....better policies than the government could provide..... once you destroy private healthcare....you have the one thing democrats crave more than vampires crave blood.... power over people......

The ACA was designed to do exactly what it did to you.......obama is a monster.

And I hope he suffers greatly for it. I'm the last guy that ever wishes ill on anybody, but because of what that creep did to me and millions of my fellow citizens, I hope there is a special place in hell for that man.

You are one of the eggs that needed to be broken.........this is why I can't stand the democrats ....... they don't want to help people, they want to tear everyone down to the same miserable level...the one under them and their wealth and power....

There is only one reason for the ACA, and that is to create as many new government dependents as possible.

I have no idea what you are talking about, you must of checked out a bronze plan and I don't know what state you live in. 9 k out of pocket, that is the most you pay out of pocket, sure beats 250,000 for a 7 day hospital stay depending on what is wrong. Those plans are for HSA's people.

No medical conditions, just according to age. You might be healthy today, and not tomorrow. So your employer is to blame not Obama. Get on the ACA. Yes they like younger workers, less health problems.

I looked at those plans....... it would be 3 hundred a month, with credits.......affordable....until you get sick...then it was 7,000 dollars out of your pocket before the plan actually kicked in.....unaffordable considering anything after that you are still on the hook for up to 40% of it.......

As they keep saying, healthcare you can't afford to actually use...typical democrat policy...

democrats are evil......and clueless.......

Sort of funny how all the Trumpians are so supportive of this independent candidate running...wonder if they would be as supportive of Ted Cruz deciding to run as an independent.

I thought the conservatives were already boycotting Starbucks because Starbucks made christmas cups conservatives didn't like.

Now they like Starbucks.

They sure are fickle people.

I looked at those plans....... it would be 3 hundred a month, with credits.......affordable....until you get sick...then it was 7,000 dollars out of your pocket before the plan actually kicked in.....unaffordable considering anything after that you are still on the hook for up to 40% of it.......

As they keep saying, healthcare you can't afford to actually use...typical democrat policy...

For me they wanted more than that. Plus I couldn't' go to the facility I've been going to all of my life and certainly not my doctor from that clinic. My medication alone is like $300.00 a month. HTF do they expect me to pay that, insurance, and still keep a roof over my head?

I had employer sponsored coverage my entire adult life with preexisting conditions until that creep created Commie Care. The day it started, my employer dropped our coverage.

Yes...obama had to destroy the incentive for private companies to offer insurance.....better policies than the government could provide..... once you destroy private healthcare....you have the one thing democrats crave more than vampires crave blood.... power over people......

And I hope he suffers greatly for it. I'm the last guy that ever wishes ill on anybody, but because of what that creep did to me and millions of my fellow citizens, I hope there is a special place in hell for that man.

You are one of the eggs that needed to be broken.........this is why I can't stand the democrats ....... they don't want to help people, they want to tear everyone down to the same miserable level...the one under them and their wealth and power....

The way it was designed was for their likely voters (hamburger flippers and shelf stockers) to be able to afford insurance, and for the rest of us (likely Republican voters) to pay for theirs while not being able to afford our own.

Do they even have Starbucks in Russia?

Yes they do.

I didn't know if they did so I just did a search on "Is Starbucks in russia?"

Turns out, there's 56 Starbucks locations in russia.

If Schultz wants to run for president that's his right. If people want to vote for him, that's their right.

That's what democracy looks like.

That's what freedom is all about.

I don't drink coffee. I have never liked the taste or smell. Side effects to a medication I had to take for 7 years that didn't go away made it worse. The smell of coffee will make me literally vomit.

For me they wanted more than that. Plus I couldn't' go to the facility I've been going to all of my life and certainly not my doctor from that clinic. My medication alone is like $300.00 a month. HTF do they expect me to pay that, insurance, and still keep a roof over my head?

They don't...they now expect you to vote more power to the democrats...to punish your employer, and to give the democrats more control over your healthcare..... all part of the plan...

Sorry about your situation....

Michael Moore Calls for a Starbucks Boycott to Stop Howard Schultz from Running for POTUS

To protest Schultz from running for President.

Now the Dims are eating their own.

Surely others have already informed you that he is not a Democrat but the funniest part of this is that it was RWNJs who had such a fit over their holiday cups. Yes, that was utterly stupid but now they have no choice but to support him. I haven't read the whole thread but see post #2 ... WillowTree saying she'll go drink Starbucks. Most certainly a lie but it proves my point.

My advice - pace yourselves and just once, judge on merit of each candidate.

So what good is health insurance if I can't afford my medications or a place to live? Is that any way to live life? And yes, any insurance would be good if not so expensive. If a plan with 9k both ways cost $150.00 a month, no problem. But I don't get much of a subsidy; something like twenty bucks a month. So the cheapest plan that I could never use is over $400.00 a month.

They don't...they now expect you to vote more power to the democrats...to punish your employer, and to give the democrats more control over your healthcare..... all part of the plan...

the bronze plans, and like I said the GOP has been trying to ruin the ACA since inception.

So what good is health insurance if I can't afford my medications or a place to live? Is that any way to live life? And yes, any insurance would be good if not so expensive. If a plan with 9k both ways cost $150.00 a month, no problem. But I don't get much of a subsidy; something like twenty bucks a month. So the cheapest plan that I could never use is over $400.00 a month.

150 a month. In 2010 I was paying 1100 a month for husbands ins and he was on no medication. How about a silver plan, and not knowing your state I'm not sure what is offered. I'm in MI and many I know are on the ACA, the county that voted for Trump had the most on the ACA, white UP community.

The way it was designed was for their likely voters (hamburger flippers and shelf stockers) to be able to afford insurance, and for the rest of us (likely Republican voters) to pay for theirs while not being able to afford our own.

Have you tried contacting the company that makes your medication? They all have programs for people who can't afford their drugs, they don't advertise them, but they have them....Mark Levine talked about it Thursday night on his show...his father was facing an 11,000 dollar a month drug cost......Levine said he was going to pay for it but his father said no....his father wrote to the company and explained his situation...and they gave him the drug for free...........they all have compassionate use programs......you might be able to find some relief there...

150 a month. In 2010 I was paying 1100 a month for husbands ins and he was on no medication. How about a silver plan, and not knowing your state I'm not sure what is offered. I'm in MI and many I know are on the ACA, the county that voted for Trump had the most on the ACA, white UP community.

It goes by age more than anything. I'm 58 years old and even in the private market, my insurance would be expensive. There is only one insurance company that covers my doctor and clinic, but they want twice as much for that policy and again, doesn't cover squat.

Insurance companies can't take the loss. That's why they pass the loss onto those of us with regular jobs; to take care of Obama voters who don't make much money if any money at all.

the bronze plans, and like I said the GOP has been trying to ruin the ACA since inception.

Who can afford to use the Bronze Plan...what part of 7,000 dollar deductible are you just not getting....you can afford the 300 bucks a month, but can't actually have the plan pay for anything until you get into an auto wreck or stage 4 cancer...and then you are still destroyed......you pay 300 dollars for essentially nothing....

That was the plan...destroy private health care....ala Mike..... then make the ACA unaffordable.....getting people to demand the democrats take even more control over the system.......... a destructive cycle created to benefit the demands for power by the democrat politicians...

Have you tried contacting the company that makes your medication? They all have programs for people who can't afford their drugs, they don't advertise them, but they have them....Mark Levine talked about it Thursday night on his show...his father was facing an 11,000 dollar a month drug cost......Levine said he was going to pay for it but his father said no....his father wrote to the company and explained his situation...and they gave him the drug for free...........they all have compassionate use programs......you might be able to find some relief there...

I did that years ago, they told me to go pound a salt bag.

The people who make insulin made a dirty deal with Walmart. What they did is give Walmart their drugs for cheap while raising prices on everybody else. So now I can only get my medication from Walmart or Sam's Club. But even buying my prescriptions cheaper, it's still about 300 a month.

It goes by age more than anything. I'm 58 years old and even in the private market, my insurance would be expensive. There is only one insurance company that covers my doctor and clinic, but they want twice as much for that policy and again, doesn't cover squat.

Insurance companies can't take the loss. That's why they pass the loss onto those of us with regular jobs; to take care of Obama voters who don't make much money if any money at all.

I am pro the ACA due to the PEC's and the preventive services. Unfortunately all places are not treated fairly, and the insurances are iffy whether the ACA is going to continue, if only every ins company was on it. Its about time they did something with the health ins. Its going to get better if we get Dem control because they are the only ones who are pro health care. Trump and the GOP are not. I am sorry for your situation. I am pro universal healthcare.

Forum List

Back