Michael Moore calls for Starbucks boycott

One of the flaws in Moore's strategy is that Starbucks isn't the liberal hipster joint that it once was. It hasn't been for many years now. It's the Walmart of coffee shops. It's everything Michael Moore fans already don't like.

I'll occasionally buy a coffee at Starbucks if I want a coffee, and I'm close to one. But then I'll just as soon buy a coffee at McDonald's, or any other of the million places close to me that sell coffee.
McDonald's coffee is better than burned beans at Starbucks. But a Black Eye comes in handy on occasion.

I hadn’t stepped into a Starbucks in about 4 years until about a month ago when I just wanted a small coffee. It cost over $2 for a small. My local gas station has better coffee in a size bigger than a venti for $1.50.

That said, I hope Howard runs as an independent lol.
There was a Starbucks at a military boot camp. I ordered a regular coffee and it was old. I can just see a Drill Instructor ordering a latte!

One of the flaws in Moore's strategy is that Starbucks isn't the liberal hipster joint that it once was. It hasn't been for many years now. It's the Walmart of coffee shops. It's everything Michael Moore fans already don't like.

I refuse to pay that much for a damn cup of coffee

I hadn’t stepped into a Starbucks in about 4 years until about a month ago when I just wanted a small coffee. It cost over $2 for a small. My local gas station has better coffee in a size bigger than a venti for $1.50.

There was a Starbucks at a military boot camp. I ordered a regular coffee and it was old. I can just see a Drill Instructor ordering a latte!

How badly did he berate you when you called him sir? I only did it once.

Nah. It's still the same place. Not long ago they kicked out some loiterers who were just sitting there and not ordering anything. The cops had to haul them away. Wouldn't be such a big deal if they weren't black. Then Skunkbucks decided to close down all the shops for a spell to give all their employees sensitivity training. Sounds pretty liberal to me.

I refuse to pay that much for a damn cup of coffee

But at least you're not a hypocrite. Liberals cry how we don't give enough to the poor, and then buy seven dollar coffees all week. Can't they make their own coffee and send the money they saved to the homeless?

Then they complain about rich people. Well duh! You're never going to be rich yourself if you keep blowing money at places like that.

Nah. It's still the same place. Not long ago they kicked out some loiterers who were just sitting there and not ordering anything. The cops had to haul them away. Wouldn't be such a big deal if they weren't black. Then Skunkbucks decided to close down all the shops for a spell to give all their employees sensitivity training. Sounds pretty liberal to me.

They don't actually give a fuck. They wanted to shut people up, and keep making money.

Only people who like to waste money go there, or maybe they have free internet. Never been in one.
Really not missing anything. I don't drink coffe
Michael Moore Calls for a Starbucks Boycott to Stop Howard Schultz from Running for POTUS
To protest Schultz from running for President. Now the Dims are eating their own.
So a fat, ignorant, over-opinionated, America-hating Liberal wants me to boycott a coffee shop I already don't frequent very often....

Yeah, Let me get right on that. :p
You will find anything to fucking bitch about. You don't even go to Starbucks and you still bitch like a whiney little spoiled debutante.

Only people who like to waste money go there, or maybe they have free internet. Never been in one.
if you have never been in one....how do you know its a waste of money?....just asking....

I don't have time for that kind of stuff, and I can drink my coffee at home or work. I see prices on the net, and I do not buy coffee unless traveling at gas stations either.
I was invested in Starbucks a while ago, when I caught my 3 year old son, drinking a Pumpkin Spice Frappuccino that I gave my wife. I asked him what he was doing with it, and he said "I love ice coffee". At that time I knew I needed some shares of SBUX as the future was there sucking down the 6 dollar venti Frap. I sold SBUX when it got to 35 dollars a share, because the dividends arent that great and they were downsizing because of too many stores....
Market Summary > Starbucks Corporation
NASDAQ: SBUX
68.11 USD −0.030 (0.044%)
Closed: Feb 1, 5:03 PM EST · Disclaimer
Pre-marketAfter hours 68.20 +0.090 (0.13%)

Too bad.

This guy would legit just be a spoiler to fuck over the democrats, lol. Of course they don't want him running.

I think there is some truth to that. I'm a landlord and have never seen the rental market this hot as I have the last five years or so. Not many people are interested in owning a home today. It's kind of like a new trend.

The last apartment I advertised was exactly three years ago. Usually in the winter, you get very few replies because most people move in the spring. However that time, I had over a dozen in my mail the next day; some of them saying they will take the place sight unseen.

In California, they were proposing a rent limit because landlords were taking so much advantage of the market. Unlike when I was younger, the American dream is no longer owning your own house. It's renting now.

I think today's society is more mobile, people are no longer living in the same town their whole lives and working for the same company. One of the things that slowed the recovery from the last election was that people could not go to where the jobs were as they were upside down on their houses and did not want to just walk away. People want the freedom and flexibility to go where they are lead to go or where their job leads them.

That may be part of it, but I really think the younger generations don't want to deal with the problems. My employer has a small business magazine he subscribes to, and they had an article there about millennials and Gen-X people. Many of them lease their cars instead of buying them. They rent their furniture and appliances. They just don't want to deal with the problems of home ownership. They don't want to have to cut lawns, remove snow, fix a toilet, nothing. It's just so much easier to make a phone call to solve any problem you have.

I think there is some truth to that. I'm a landlord and have never seen the rental market this hot as I have the last five years or so. Not many people are interested in owning a home today. It's kind of like a new trend.

The last apartment I advertised was exactly three years ago. Usually in the winter, you get very few replies because most people move in the spring. However that time, I had over a dozen in my mail the next day; some of them saying they will take the place sight unseen.

In California, they were proposing a rent limit because landlords were taking so much advantage of the market. Unlike when I was younger, the American dream is no longer owning your own house. It's renting now.

I think today's society is more mobile, people are no longer living in the same town their whole lives and working for the same company. One of the things that slowed the recovery from the last election was that people could not go to where the jobs were as they were upside down on their houses and did not want to just walk away. People want the freedom and flexibility to go where they are lead to go or where their job leads them.

That may be part of it, but I really think the younger generations don't want to deal with the problems. My employer has a small business magazine he subscribes to, and they had an article there about millennials and Gen-X people. Many of them lease their cars instead of buying them. They rent their furniture and appliances. They just don't want to deal with the problems of home ownership. They don't want to have to cut lawns, remove snow, fix a toilet, nothing. It's just so much easier to make a phone call to solve any problem you have.

True, that is a part of it. Same reason why things like GrubHub are so big, they do not even want to cook.

Seems as though many can't see beyond a six month time span, and salespeople know that. A leased car, with a payment less than if purchased does have some appeal, after all how else can they work their iPhone and Starbucks into a budget.

How badly did he berate you when you called him sir? I only did it once.
I was visiting my son was graduating.

Michael Moore Calls for a Starbucks Boycott to Stop Howard Schultz from Running for POTUS

To protest Schultz from running for President.

Now the Dims are eating their own.

Schultz is not a Dem.
He is a registered democrat who votes democrat and is an ardent Progressive.

Not sure what other qualifications are necessary

There is one way to seduce Michael Moore from his own ban on Starbucks.

Give a 1/2 discount on their pastries.

starbucks_pastries.jpg

Fat boy will never be able to resist.

Forum List

Back