Michael Moore calls for Starbucks boycott

I think Schultz would make for a good candidate. The rush to the extremes has been seemingly out of control and so having a more reasonable voice for the Democrats would probably be in their best interest. They should actually encourage him to run as Democrat first in my personal opinion.

I think Schultz would make for a good candidate. The rush to the extremes has been seemingly out of control and so having a more reasonable voice for the Democrats would probably be in their best interest. They should actually encourage him to run as Democrat first in my personal opinion.
I actually think he should run as a Republican. That's where is policies are.

But whatever he does...running as an Independent is an attempt to get Trump re-elected

Why because he is a self made businessman billionaire. We do not need a bossman.

Why because he is a self made businessman billionaire. We do not need a bossman.

His background and growth as a leader is pretty impressive actually. As for his policy beliefs they typically come across as pretty reasonable and measured in my opinion.

His background and growth as a leader is pretty impressive actually. As for his policy beliefs they typically come across as pretty reasonable and measured in my opinion.

He is already against universal healthcare and anti any increase in the tax system for the rich like he is a member of, and we do not need a boss man. We need someone who can work with congress and stop citizens united, pay for play, but I have to admit he is a very different business man than Trump is, but still no.

I actually think he should run as a Republican. That's where is policies are.

But whatever he does...running as an Independent is an attempt to get Trump re-elected

upload_2019-2-2_14-21-44.png

He is already against universal healthcare and anti any increase in the tax system for the rich like he is a member of, and we do not need a boss man. We need someone who can work with congress and stop citizens united, pay for play, but I have to admit he is a very different business man than Trump is, but still no.

I agree about citizens united and pay for play. I would say that as time goes on Schultz could possibly go into more detail about what his platform could be and then that could help determine better support or not. At least for me.

I say let them boycott. Honestly, I've never had a cup of Starbucks coffee that I thought was worth paying $7 for that I cant get somewhere else that is actually better.

I say let them boycott. Honestly, I've never had a cup of Starbucks coffee that I thought was worth paying $7 for that I cant get somewhere else that is actually better.

Starbucks gets a bad wrap for their prices but their prices are pretty on par with many other higher quality coffee shops. I worked for Starbucks for two years in college and it was actually a really good company to work for, challenging, but good, and so I have no ill will towards them. Most drinks from Starbucks are only going to set you back about $4-6 dollars with tax and thats for venti.

I agree about citizens united and pay for play. I would say that as time goes on Schultz could possibly go into more detail about what his platform could be and then that could help determine better support or not. At least for me.

He can certainty run, its a free country, but I wonder what his views are on Israel, are we to destroy all the countries they do not get along with. I see no need to boycott his place as I've never been in one anyway and to boycott a business is simply wrong, the workers get hurt, and Michael Moore I do not agree with.

I'll give you that. It's over priced garbage

Yeah, he can join the other 50 Democrats that want to run.

Bull. What they are telling me is they want nearly a weeks paycheck for a policy with 9K out of pocket and 9K deductible. No meds, no dental, and an office copay. In other words, it's worthless to me. For anything I can use, they want a week and a half paycheck, and it's still a crappy policy, just not as crappy as the one above.

The government can't tell you what you can afford and what you can't because they don't know your expenses. They don't ask how much you pay for rent or mortgage. They don't ask if you are on medication and how much that costs. They don't ask what your medical bills are that their crummy insurance doesn't cover. They don't ask how much gasoline you use to get to work, or what your property taxes and insurance are. All they say is you make X, you are X old, and this is what you can afford. Big Brother has spoken.

I had employer sponsored coverage my entire adult life with preexisting conditions until that creep created Commie Care. The day it started, my employer dropped our coverage. Now I'm screwed, because many other employers did the exact same, and trying to find a new job at my age is tough enough yet alone a job with reasonable coverage.

I have no idea what you are talking about, you must of checked out a bronze plan and I don't know what state you live in. 9 k out of pocket, that is the most you pay out of pocket, sure beats 250,000 for a 7 day hospital stay depending on what is wrong. Those plans are for HSA's people.

No medical conditions, just according to age. You might be healthy today, and not tomorrow. So your employer is to blame not Obama. Get on the ACA. Yes they like younger workers, less health problems.

So what good is health insurance if I can't afford my medications or a place to live? Is that any way to live life? And yes, any insurance would be good if not so expensive. If a plan with 9k both ways cost $150.00 a month, no problem. But I don't get much of a subsidy; something like twenty bucks a month. So the cheapest plan that I could never use is over $400.00 a month.

150 a month. In 2010 I was paying 1100 a month for husbands ins and he was on no medication. How about a silver plan, and not knowing your state I'm not sure what is offered. I'm in MI and many I know are on the ACA, the county that voted for Trump had the most on the ACA, white UP community.

It goes by age more than anything. I'm 58 years old and even in the private market, my insurance would be expensive. There is only one insurance company that covers my doctor and clinic, but they want twice as much for that policy and again, doesn't cover squat.

Insurance companies can't take the loss. That's why they pass the loss onto those of us with regular jobs; to take care of Obama voters who don't make much money if any money at all.

I am pro the ACA due to the PEC's and the preventive services. Unfortunately all places are not treated fairly, and the insurances are iffy whether the ACA is going to continue, if only every ins company was on it. Its about time they did something with the health ins. Its going to get better if we get Dem control because they are the only ones who are pro health care. Trump and the GOP are not. I am sorry for your situation. I am pro universal healthcare.

There are a lot of things we should do with healthcare but there's too much politics in it. Universal healthcare only makes it worse because then it would be all politics.

The most logical thing to do is bring down costs first. But it's government which makes it cost so much in the first place, and that's why it can't get done.

Starbucks gets a bad wrap for their prices but their prices are pretty on par with many other higher quality coffee shops. I worked for Starbucks for two years in college and it was actually a really good company to work for, challenging, but good, and so I have no ill will towards them. Most drinks from Starbucks are only going to set you back about $4-6 dollars with tax and thats for venti.
Yes, I understand that, in the world of boutique coffee, they are probably similarly priced. My point was, I've never had an experience where after drinking a $4 to $7 cup of Starbucks coffee, I thought to myself "wow, that was a great cup of coffee, and worth the money". I'll be honest, I've had coffee from other places that I like as well or even more, that only costs about $2.

That was basically my main point. I guess I don't understand the whole fad behind boutique coffee. I mean, there are plenty of other options out there that are just as good, for a fraction of the cost.

Most of the time, the coffee you bree at home is just as good, and for convenience sake, you can pick up a Keurig and get consistent coffee each time.

"Coffee from there took on a mystical importance. Starbucks, he realized, was “not just something that exists between four walls,” but a “mindset.” It was “not home, not work,” but a “third place” that is “a way to exist in the world.” He went on to banish small, medium and large from America’s coffee vocabulary, replacing them with tall, short, and grande."

If Schultz runs and Trump wins, people around the globe will pelt him with batteries and cat turds for all eternity. He’ll wish he long ago died and went to share a hell-cauldron full of Sonics fans. Is anything in the world more dangerous than a bored billionaire?

If Schultz runs and Trump wins, people around the globe will pelt him with batteries and cat turds for all eternity. He’ll wish he long ago died and went to share a hell-cauldron full of Sonics fans. Is anything in the world more dangerous than a bored billionaire?
He won't give a shit. He'll just campaign for another tax break

Forum List

Back