Liberal Heads Explode As South Dakota Becomes 2nd State To Become Permitless Gun-Carry State

easyt65

Diamond Member
Aug 4, 2015
South Dakota Becomes Latest Permitless Gun-Carry State

"South Dakota governor Kristi Noem (R.) signed the state's permitless carry bill into law on Thursday.

The bill,
SB47, eliminates the state's requirement that residents obtain a permit in order to legally carry a firearm. Instead, so long as a resident is legally allowed to possess a firearm, they are legally allowed to carry it concealed on their person.

Noem said the new law is in line with the country's founding principles and protects South Dakotans gun rights.

"Our Founding Fathers believed so firmly in our right to bear arms that they enshrined it into the Constitution,"
she tweeted. "This constitutional carry legislation will further protect the Second Amendment rights of law-abiding South Dakotans."

:clap:

Laws should be passed to uphold, defend, and protect our constitutional Rights, to punish Law BREAKERS, not those who adhere to the law.

(BTW, one of the 1st things Dictators do, in countries like Venezuela, is confiscate all the guns...to prevent the people from fighting back against oppression, etc... Look at Venezuela and the people now.)

We need nationwide reciprocity. Not good carrying thru non-reciprocal states.
If a gay marriage certificate is good in the state that makes it, then has to be recognized in all the other 50 states, then a conceal carry permit that is good in the state that makes it, MUST be recognized in all the other 50 states, and that is the equal protection clause.

qual Protection Clause
The Equal Protection Clause is part of the Fourteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution. The clause, which took effect in 1868, provides that no state shall deny to any person within its jurisdiction "the equal protection of the laws".
Equal Protection Clause - Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Equal_Protection_Clause

"South Dakota governor Kristi Noem (R.) signed the state's permitless carry bill into law on Thursday.

The bill,
SB47, eliminates the state's requirement that residents obtain a permit in order to legally carry a firearm. Instead, so long as a resident is legally allowed to possess a firearm, they are legally allowed to carry it concealed on their person.

Noem said the new law is in line with the country's founding principles and protects South Dakotans gun rights.

"Our Founding Fathers believed so firmly in our right to bear arms that they enshrined it into the Constitution,"
she tweeted. "This constitutional carry legislation will further protect the Second Amendment rights of law-abiding South Dakotans."

Laws should be passed to uphold, defend, and protect our constitutional Rights, to punish Law BREAKERS, not those who adhere to the law.

(BTW, one of the 1st things Dictators do, in countries like Venezuela, is confiscate all the guns...to prevent the people from fighting back against oppression, etc... Look at Venezuela and the people now.)

Are there any liberals in SD? Who cares other states won't reciprocate or maybe a few, so what? I don't understand I carried a gun for years without a permit when I lived in another state, still don't have a permit but I don't carry it with me anymore.

We need nationwide reciprocity. Not good carrying thru non-reciprocal states.
If a gay marriage certificate is good in the state that makes it, then has to be recognized in all the other 50 states, then a conceal carry permit that is good in the state that makes it, MUST be recognized in all the other 50 states, and that is the equal protection clause.

qual Protection Clause
The Equal Protection Clause is part of the Fourteenth Amendment to the United States Constitution. The clause, which took effect in 1868, provides that no state shall deny to any person within its jurisdiction "the equal protection of the laws".
Equal Protection Clause - Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Equal_Protection_Clause

Fine . Only if your standard is equal to toughest states standards .

I am not seeing any heads exploding, but I applaud South Dakota’s expansion of personal liberty. I’ve wrote to my state representative and senator pushing to them to support similar legislation here in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.

The bill,

I wonder how the civil war is going to go with one side armed with ARs, and the other with dildos.

The bill,

I wonder how the civil war is going to go with one side armed with ARs, and the other with dildos.
The civil war is over. Your side lost a long time ago.

The bill,

We have a Second Amendment and should have no security problems in our free States.

The winters are brutal and unforgiving, but South Dakota is beautiful state with lovely people. Their symphony isn’t too bad either.

Forum List

Back