Memorial Day Weekend

Rodimus

Platinum Member
Dec 8, 2021
Thank you and God Bless all who gave their lives for our country and the countries they protected. I especially thank the Veterans and all military members that died protecting South Korea in the Korean War. My prayers go out to our Troops, Veterans, and their families. God Bless you and Thank you for all you do!

Thank you and God Bless all who gave their lives for our country and the countries they protected. I especially thank the Veterans and all military members that died protecting South Korea in the Korean War. My prayers go out to our Troops, Veterans, and their families. God Bless you and Thank you for all you do!
Today, on Memorial Day, i am thinking of every military service member and Veteran who risk their lives for us in war or in peace-time. I am forever thankful to all who served and sacrificed themselves in the Korean War. Thank you Veterans, Troops, and their families!

This is a very moving memorial in Washington, D.C. The Korean War Memorial: Korean War Veterans Memorial (U.S. National Park Service)

Do we thank those who protected the oil from dirty Arabs who happened to be sitting on top of American oil that was inconveniently placed in Arab countries?

Do we thank those who protected the oil from dirty Arabs who happened to be sitting on top of American oil that was inconveniently placed in Arab countries?
Our Troops are following orders. Blame the politicians.

Our Troops are following orders. Blame the politicians.

I know. I'm not blaming the troops at all. They get sent off to risk their lives so rich people can get richer.

But do you thank them for this? By thanking I mean like "thank you for your service" kind of thanking.

Is it a service?

I know. I'm not blaming the troops at all. They get sent off to risk their lives so rich people can get richer.

But do you thank them for this? By thanking I mean like "thank you for your service" kind of thanking.

Is it a service?
Yes. i thank our military for everything they do.

Including killing innocent people, invading countries, bullying, torture?
Of course, not that. Most of our military members are good, heroic people. it's just some bad apples that do the bad things you mentioned.

Of course, not that. Most of our military members are good, heroic people. it's just some bad apples that do the bad things you mentioned.

Well, when you say "everything they do", it kind of means something.

I wouldn't say most are "heroic people". They're just people doing a job that has slightly more risk than other jobs.

Are they "good"? These people are going around enabling evil to happen. Like the invasion of Iraq, Afghanistan, bombing on Libya among other things.

I wouldn't say most are "heroic people". They're just people doing a job that has slightly more risk than other jobs.

Are they "good"? These people are going around enabling evil to happen. Like the invasion of Iraq, Afghanistan, bombing on Libya among other things.
they are not just doing a job. it is much more than a job and the risk for them is their lives. they are following orders. i do not judge the whole military for something that the politicans order them to do or for the actions of a few bad people.

they are not just doing a job. it is much more than a job and the risk for them is their lives. they are following orders. i do not judge the whole military for something that the politicans order them to do or for the actions of a few bad people.

Well, it actually is a job. Yes, it often takes more than just a normal every day job. But most are doing it because it gives them a paycheck and perhaps some education incentive.

Well, if the military tells someone to do something UNETHICAL and they still do it....

Like in WW2 with the Nazis telling ordinary Germans to go kill Jews and others..... Same thing.

Well, it actually is a job. Yes, it often takes more than just a normal every day job. But most are doing it because it gives them a paycheck and perhaps some education incentive.

Well, if the military tells someone to do something UNETHICAL and they still do it....

Like in WW2 with the Nazis telling ordinary Germans to go kill Jews and others..... Same thing.
i believe most people in our military are there to serve for the greater good and for something greater than themselves.
that's different. that was for evil intentions. our military is doing things with good intentions around the world.

There aren't many WW2 Vets around , Korean war Vets would be close to 90 and Vietnam Vets are senior citizens. Thank 'em while you can.

Why don't you just go fuck yourself?

Spend a day having some pissed off Iraqi trying to sink your Zodiac with an M-60 and then tell me it's only "slightly more risk" than other jobs.

A pussy like you would wet yourself and then wave the white flag.

Douchebag.

You're a fuckin' idiot...

Let's just give up on enforcing immigration laws.

Just let all of Latin America come here. For that matter, extend the invitation to Africa and Asia. (Most Europeans wouldn't come here for anything!)

They could not be any worse than many of our home-grown hoodlums (who are tearing up the New York City subway at this very moment).

The more the merrier should be our new slogan.

What does it matter anyway?

The United States of America is inevitably headed for failed state status by the end of this century.

Who said the following?

“I spent 33 years and 4 months in active service as a member of our country’s most agile military force—the Marine Corps. I served in all commissioned ranks from a second lieutenant to Major-General. And during that period, I spent most of my time being a high-class muscle man for Big Business, for Wall Street, and for the bankers. In short, I was a racketeer for capitalism.”

Let's just give up on enforcing immigration laws.

Just let all of Latin America come here. For that matter, extend the invitation to Africa and Asia. (Most Europeans wouldn't come here for anything!)

They could not be any worse than many of our home-grown hoodlums (who are tearing up the New York City subway at this very moment).

The more the merrier should be our new slogan.

What does it matter anyway?

The United States of America is inevitably headed for failed state status by the end of this century.
We’re already there.

i believe most people in our military are there to serve for the greater good and for something greater than themselves.
that's different. that was for evil intentions. our military is doing things with good intentions around the world.
I doubt there are many who join the military for "the greater good".

When I was a kid I wanted to join the Air Force. I didn't want this for anyone or anything other than myself.

If people wanted to do something for the greater good, I'm sure they'd do Peace Corps or something, charity work for low wages.

There are those people taken in by mindless patriotism, they simply don't understand the US warmongering and think it's a positive thing for the world etc.

Here's a poll, obviously it's made up of very, very few people. But learn a new skill, get out of their hometown, save money are other reasons that are more real.

Forum List

Back