The pervasiveness of political hatred

TemplarKormac

Political Atheist
Mar 30, 2013
The Land of Sanctuary
If my recent discussions with various posters about gun control are any indication, political hatred in this country is irreconcilable and the disagreement is insurmountable. I genuinely want the violence to end. I don't want to hate anyone if I can help it. But there are those who cannot get past their hatred of someone else because of their politics, and I appear to be one of them. In the end, though, all I want are solutions, not someone else hating me for who I vote for or flat out hating me in general. Why do we call ourselves "united" if we can never unite on issues of importance?

It makes me feel bad when I get consumed by this hatred. It leaves a pit in my stomach when I drive someone away with foolish, misguided hatred. So now, I want to apologize to anyone I may have lied about or put down because I let that hatred consume me. I promise to do better in the future. This particular olive branch is offered to XponentialChaos. Because I did let my consummate political hatred push me into being deceptive. I have let political hatred consume me and I wish I hadn't. The very thing I hate I have become. So I will invoke a mea culpa of my own accord. What good are we if we can't be civil and truthful when discussing issues so important to us?

It was a few years into my membership here that I decided that admitting one's mistakes and when one was wrong was better than trying to cover it with more lies, and yet here I am neglecting everything I've learned over the better part of a decade. Also, Coyote I apologize to you as well. I know I was out of line with you in a few discussions lately. I know there are plenty of other people on here I may have done this to.

Politics is full of irreconcilable hatred, and I regret coming into contact with it. But here we are. From here on, I promise to be a better statesman and approach my debates more honorably in the future. I refuse to be an agent in further political division in this country. If I can, I will fight division instead of causing it. Once again, I am sorry for being so mean spirited lately, I never was raised that way.

Be well all of you, and see you all out there in the forums.

-TK

Last edited:
Back in 2013, I was a hardcore right-wing extremist, but I slowly evolved into more moderate stances as I encountered more opposing viewpoints. However, as pendulums always do, I noticed myself swinging back in the other direction in the past couple of years.

I'll have you know I worked hard to be more moderate after clinging so hard to my extremist ideals, now I want to be a moderate again.

Back in 2013, I was a hardcore right-wing extremist, but I slowly evolved into more moderate stances as I encountered more opposing viewpoints. However, as pendulums always do, I noticed myself swinging back in the other direction in the past couple of years.

I'll have you know I worked hard to be more moderate after clinging so hard to my extremist ideals, now I want to be a moderate again.
They lie about everything, they hate America and Americans, they are literally doing everything possible to destroy this country. Really what is to like ?

They'll be no room for moderate normies in utopia...

You're the main course

ksjsjsjjjjs.png

I want to be a far left extremist that screams “ It my body and my right to abort “ even though I am a male…

I know you just rolled your eyes and was serious discussion on this so I will try but please note it is my body and choice!!!

Anyhoo, we can not have real debate any longer when the Radicals on all sides are in control of the narrative and the media sources that feed us what we should think.

Now you are going to say “ Huh 🤔 “ and ask if Bruce has been hitting the sauce but no I haven’t.

The average American voter get their opinion from one or two sources and those sources limits the conversation to what those sources want their viewership to believe is the news and real reality.

So as you try to converse with the radicals of all sides it is impossible seeing none of them want to debate nor do they now how to think that we can agree to disagree and learn to compromise…

We are in the scorch Earth phase of life but as I wrote before directly to you we and I mean you and I could sit down and come up with better solutions and ideas even if we disagree?

Why?

Simple, we both have seen what radical opinions do in a conversation so we both know we must compromise for the better good and understand we don’t always get what we want…

Anyhoo, I need to get to chanting “ It’s my Body “ with the hope Cortez will notice and abort my child after a passionate night of her raping me…

( Yeah, I am insane but you knew that all this time )

If my recent discussions with various posters about gun control are any indication, political hatred in this country is irreconcilable and the disagreement is insurmountable. I genuinely want the violence to end. I don't want to hate anyone if I can help it. But there are those who cannot get past their hatred of someone else because of their politics, and I appear to be one of them. In the end, though, all I want are solutions, not someone else hating me for who I vote for or flat out hating me in general. Why do we call ourselves "united" if we can never unite on issues of importance?

It makes me feel bad when I get consumed by this hatred. It leaves a pit in my stomach when I drive someone away with foolish, misguided hatred. So now, I want to apologize to anyone I may have lied about or put down because I let that hatred consume me. I promise to do better in the future. This particular olive branch is offered to XponentialChaos. Because I did let my consummate political hatred push me into being deceptive. I have let political hatred consume me and I wish I hadn't. The very thing I hate I have become. So I will invoke a mea culpa of my own accord. What good are we if we can't be civil and truthful when discussing issues so important to us?

It was a few years into my membership here that I decided that admitting one's mistakes and when one was wrong was better than trying to cover it with more lies, and yet here I am neglecting everything I've learned over the better part of a decade. Also, Coyote I apologize to you as well. I know I was out of line with you in a few discussions lately. I know there are plenty of other people on here I may have done this to.

Politics is full of irreconcilable hatred, and I regret coming into contact with it. But here we are. From here on, I promise to be a better statesman and approach my debates more honorably in the future. I refuse to be an agent in further political division in this country. If I can, I will fight division instead of causing it. Once again, I am sorry for being so mean spirited lately, I never was raised that way.

Be well all of you, and see you all out there in the forums.

-TK
I will make an addendum to this and say:
There are some who make it impossible for me to deal with you politely. And I hardly use my ignore list. So expect a proportionate response. That is all.

Forum List

Back