Megachurches Still Packing Them In!

Good to see we still have freedom of religion in America.
And the freedom to infect everyone around you! Yes!

It seems you have very little imagination for this sort of thing but let me clue you in: this is exactly how your freedom is taken, and mine. I mean not that anyone cares about that anymore, right? But still. YOU can't congregate in groups ever anymore, because my neighbor's sister's niece is immuno-compromised, and viruses get around, and it's DANGEROUS

Congrats for being part of the big problem: whipping us into a nation of window-peeping Gestapos. Hope you're proud
Ha, so selfish it boggles the mind. Who said Anything about “ever” anyway. Did I mention how selfish you appear to be???

I really don't care if you feel my First Amendment Rights are selfish. For now, they are still my rights. I know you probably care little for them.
So you can't exercise your right to practice your religion at home or via the internet?

Do not get those mixed up in order. That said, we should not be reckless...that is, we should not show up at church with active infection, of course.

Dummy, the problem isn't "active infections", it's that lots of people are probably carrying the virus without showing ANY symptoms.
Anyone who is promoting gathering in large fruits right now has serious issues. The potential consequences far outweigh whatever it is you think you’re gaining form such an asinine act. Pray form home, God will understand

Apparently, SOME people aren't concerned about covid-19 because they have GOD on their side. Let's check back with them in a month or so, shall we? We'll see how that worked out by then. But if some of them die, they're all Christians so they'll be up in heaven, right? I guess.
I thought religious people were supposed to care for and protect their fellow man.

Seems to me they are not doing that

Jesus two major commands:

"You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, mind, soul and strength

And you shall love your neighbor as yourself"

Do not get those mixed up in order. That said, we should not be reckless...that is, we should not show up at church with active infection, of course.
You do know that many people have active infections and show no symptoms at all don't you?

And where does it say in the bible that one must attend church service ? Can't you love and worship your god from home?

You can but it's very important throughout the Bible to set aside a Sabbath Day as well. Note that my church is meeting virtually now. But I do not deny any church the right to meet in person now. If you are a person of true faith it's the most important part of your life.

And let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works, not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the Day drawing near. --Hebrews 10:24-25

What then, brothers? When you come together, each one has a hymn, a lesson, a revelation, a tongue, or an interpretation. Let all things be done for building up. If any speak in a tongue, let there be only two or at most three, and each in turn, and let someone interpret. But if there is no one to interpret, let each of them keep silent in church and speak to himself and to God.
1 Corinthians 14:26-28

Dummy, the problem isn't "active infections", it's that lots of people are probably carrying the virus without showing ANY symptoms.
Anyone who is promoting gathering in large fruits right now has serious issues. The potential consequences far outweigh whatever it is you think you’re gaining form such an asinine act. Pray form home, God will understand

That is your opinion. The First Amendment says any Christian, Jew, Muslim or anyone of any faith in the US is free to ignore your opinion. Thank God for that

I really don't care if you feel my First Amendment Rights are selfish. For now, they are still my rights. I know you probably care little for them.

I care more about the people who are going to die because you dumb-ass bible thumpers are more interested in praising your Sky Fairy than actually protecting lives.
Protect yourself and the stupid people can't hurt you

Being a right-winger has to be a measurable risk factor in dying of this disease.
Incredible but true.
I went to our small town hardware store the other day. The place has become sort of a hangout for conservatives since things started shutting down. There were about a dozen men standing right inside the front door close talking and shaking hands. I know most of them and never thought of them as idiots before but that open display of ignorance was alarming to me. Our local hospital has only 25 beds, those fools could fill up half of them.

Did you go over and say, "Hello, I"m your local Leftist and I would like to report you to the Viral Authority Board"

Or did you just WISH you could?
Nope. I said hey and went about my business. I still have work to do before I get shut down. Pretty libertarian when it comes to personal choice. If they want to flirt with death then they deserve what they get.

I would like to know what has liberals absolutely hyperventilating all over about this virus. The men shook hands. In one post you called them "idiots", "ignorant" and "fools". Honestly you would think they dove head first off a tall building the way you talk about it.

It's honestly ridiculous
It's high time you come to understand exponential growth. A basic understanding of bell curves would bring you a little closer to understanding. Communicable diseases always follow a curve that allows one to fairly accurately foretell the future. Our current growth curve says this thing is going to be horrifying before it's done.

Equally horrifying would be if we get a good drug combo on board to treat and prevent the virus and we could all return to normal life very, very soon

I understand
Sadly there is nothing that will make a noticeable dent in this thing coming any time soon. Quit looking for magic bullets. Prevention, as always, is the best cure. There are diseases out there that have been around for millennia and still all we can do is medical life support until they fight it off or die. There are no magic bullets.

Science-denier
Reality denier. Think about the aids virus. It took years to find something to treat it. We may be better at understanding viruses these days but still there can be no treatment that will be ready to flatten the curve before it goes into decline anyway.

I'm sorry to break this sad news (for you) but the FDA just released emergency authorization of the cocktail of good drugs for coronavirus care. They are having excellent results. DARN! There goes your opportunity to Get Those Christians THIS TIME< huh?

I care more about the people who are going to die because you dumb-ass bible thumpers are more interested in praising your Sky Fairy than actually protecting lives.

For what, protect yourself for what? A few more spins on this floating rock in space?

This is what I mean here...doomed to destruction

Being a right-winger has to be a measurable risk factor in dying of this disease.
Incredible but true.
I went to our small town hardware store the other day. The place has become sort of a hangout for conservatives since things started shutting down. There were about a dozen men standing right inside the front door close talking and shaking hands. I know most of them and never thought of them as idiots before but that open display of ignorance was alarming to me. Our local hospital has only 25 beds, those fools could fill up half of them.

Did you go over and say, "Hello, I"m your local Leftist and I would like to report you to the Viral Authority Board"

Nope. I said hey and went about my business. I still have work to do before I get shut down. Pretty libertarian when it comes to personal choice. If they want to flirt with death then they deserve what they get.

I would like to know what has liberals absolutely hyperventilating all over about this virus. The men shook hands. In one post you called them "idiots", "ignorant" and "fools". Honestly you would think they dove head first off a tall building the way you talk about it.

It's honestly ridiculous
It's high time you come to understand exponential growth. A basic understanding of bell curves would bring you a little closer to understanding. Communicable diseases always follow a curve that allows one to fairly accurately foretell the future. Our current growth curve says this thing is going to be horrifying before it's done.

Equally horrifying would be if we get a good drug combo on board to treat and prevent the virus and we could all return to normal life very, very soon

I understand
Sadly there is nothing that will make a noticeable dent in this thing coming any time soon. Quit looking for magic bullets. Prevention, as always, is the best cure. There are diseases out there that have been around for millennia and still all we can do is medical life support until they fight it off or die. There are no magic bullets.

Science-denier
Reality denier. Think about the aids virus. It took years to find something to treat it. We may be better at understanding viruses these days but still there can be no treatment that will be ready to flatten the curve before it goes into decline anyway.

I'm sorry to break this sad news (for you) but the FDA just released emergency authorization of the cocktail of good drugs for coronavirus care. They are having excellent results. DARN! There goes your opportunity to Get Those Christians THIS TIME< huh?

You do realize that you won't be prescribed those drugs unless you are showing serious symptoms don't you?

For what, protect yourself for what? A few more spins on this floating rock in space?

Damn right. I want to stay on this ride as long as possible.

Incredible but true.

It's honestly ridiculous

I understand

Science-denier

They didn't quarantine everyone and bring on a Depression that makes the last one look like a piker over AIDS.

Large fruits?

Give your translator a whack, Comrade, it's acting up.

Incredible but true.

It's honestly ridiculous

I understand

Science-denier

You do realize that you won't be prescribed those drugs unless you are showing serious symptoms don't you?

Right. And others will get the virus and recover. And move on with our lives. Just like colds just like the flu

Bull fucking shit! You don't care about anybody but yourself, JoeBoy.

Incredible but true.

It's honestly ridiculous

I understand

Science-denier

They didn't quarantine everyone and bring on a Depression that makes the last one look like a piker over AIDS.

Just now: La-Z-Boy furniture putting 70% of their employees on furlough and giving the others a 50% pay cut

We won't make it through April 30th at this rate; there's no way. There will be abject panic

I have him on ignore. He has very serious issues

Sorry, man, I don't belong to the party of "I've got mine, fuck you". That would be you guys.

You are in a panic because after 3 years of saying, "but look at the economy" after one Trump attrocity after another, now the economy is GOING TO REALLY SUCK ASS in about two months.

Incredible but true.

It's honestly ridiculous

I understand

Science-denier

Right. And others will get the virus and recover. And move on with our lives. Just like colds just like the flu

Don't assume that the drug will save everyone that gets sick. The flu still kills 60000 people every year

Damn right. I want to stay on this ride as long as possible.

And that right there, exactly, is the problem in 21st century America. Because we have become a post-Christian society, we have forgotten what freedom means to us. So we will ALL lose our freedom, we have lost "herd immunity freedom". Sure, we will be clinging to life after this. But what life?

We have forgotten that sometimes, life is not worth living. But whatever. Life can also be a very, very hard teacher.

Forum List

Back