Megachurches Still Packing Them In!

These people who go to these mega-churches are being incredibly selfish. Whatever they contract while there they will carry with them to infect others.
Of course. But they believe it's not that dangerous.

So what are we supposed to say to someone like that?

I do not know. I've said, years before the coronavirus showed up, that these guys have to have their stage so that they can be videoed waving their arms in the air for "God" and can't just pray. I don't know what to think. In my own life, I've been to Ephesus, the Great Mosque of Istanbul, St. Peter's, the catacombs, Canterbury, Westminster, the National Cathedral, but these people's antics have caused me to rethink what faith is all about. Is it a farce? I am in the midst of serious questioning.

Most churches are shut down. This virus hoax is all about getting to do what global warming couldn't:
Shut down the economy and crash it.
Out of curiosity. Not trying to start a big fight here.

Is this a serious post?

You fuckin' aye right it is, Mac1958 the fence-sitting farce!
I believe ya!

Remember what I told you if/when it happens.

The media is prepared to go immediately from "Everybody stay home, Oh Noes! It's the Coronavirus" to
"Trump just crashed the economy" because people listened to the media and followed the "experts" recommendations.

Here come the 7 years of famine, baby, brought on by globalist media and politicians.

Being a right-winger has to be a measurable risk factor in dying of this disease.
Incredible but true.
I went to our small town hardware store the other day. The place has become sort of a hangout for conservatives since things started shutting down. There were about a dozen men standing right inside the front door close talking and shaking hands. I know most of them and never thought of them as idiots before but that open display of ignorance was alarming to me. Our local hospital has only 25 beds, those fools could fill up half of them.

Did you go over and say, "Hello, I"m your local Leftist and I would like to report you to the Viral Authority Board"

Or did you just WISH you could?
Nope. I said hey and went about my business. I still have work to do before I get shut down. Pretty libertarian when it comes to personal choice. If they want to flirt with death then they deserve what they get.

I would like to know what has liberals absolutely hyperventilating all over about this virus. The men shook hands. In one post you called them "idiots", "ignorant" and "fools". Honestly you would think they dove head first off a tall building the way you talk about it.

It's honestly ridiculous
It's high time you come to understand exponential growth. A basic understanding of bell curves would bring you a little closer to understanding. Communicable diseases always follow a curve that allows one to fairly accurately foretell the future. Our current growth curve says this thing is going to be horrifying before it's done.

Equally horrifying would be if we get a good drug combo on board to treat and prevent the virus and we could all return to normal life very, very soon

I understand
Sadly there is nothing that will make a noticeable dent in this thing coming any time soon. Quit looking for magic bullets. Prevention, as always, is the best cure. There are diseases out there that have been around for millennia and still all we can do is medical life support until they fight it off or die. There are no magic bullets.

The media is prepared to go immediately from "Everybody stay home, Oh Noes! It's the Coronavirus" to
"Trump just crashed the economy" because people listened to the media and followed the "experts" recommendations.

Here come the 7 years of famine, baby, brought on by globalist media and politicians.

Yes, Trump did crash the economy because he didn't take action against the Coronovirus before it hit us hard.

We now have the most cases in the world, and are getting up there in the number of deaths, soon to surpass France and Iran.

Yes, Trump did crash the economy because he didn't take action against the Coronovirus before it hit us hard.

We now have the most cases in the world, and are getting up there in the number of deaths, soon to surpass France and Iran.

No, Trump did not crash the economy, leftist media alarmists and their "experts" did.

That's ok because either one of those countries could fit into our 2 biggest states combined, with 48 more states to go..

Last edited:
Apparently, SOME people aren't concerned about covid-19 because they have GOD on their side. Let's check back with them in a month or so, shall we? We'll see how that worked out by then. But if some of them die, they're all Christians so they'll be up in heaven, right? I guess.

Probably my least favorite part of this entire mess is Virus-Shaming

Shut up and let people live their lives, and you live yours

C Clayton dislikes this because it wants to shame you and tell you how to live your life

But then we all know this. It's what Leftists love best. Honest to goodness, this is the truth: part of what I love best about my evangelical Christian church life is ESCAPING the judgment and shaming.

I am being absolutely 100% honest. Evangelicals are nothing compared to the 21st century Leftist. Nothing

Leftest hate religion because it puts God ahead of the State. The Leftest believe in a duality God: Big Government and AGW. Maybe a a little bit of pot thrown in.

These people who go to these mega-churches are being incredibly selfish. Whatever they contract while there they will carry with them to infect others.

I do not know. I've said, years before the coronavirus showed up, that these guys have to have their stage so that they can be videoed waving their arms in the air for "God" and can't just pray. I don't know what to think. In my own life, I've been to Ephesus, the Great Mosque of Istanbul, St. Peter's, the catacombs, Canterbury, Westminster, the National Cathedral, but these people's antics have caused me to rethink what faith is all about. Is it a farce? I am in the midst of serious questioning.

You don't know. You should have just left it at that.

Honestly you probably don't even believe in God. Certainly not in Jesus Christ. So just leave it at "I don't know"

Being a right-winger has to be a measurable risk factor in dying of this disease.
Incredible but true.
I went to our small town hardware store the other day. The place has become sort of a hangout for conservatives since things started shutting down. There were about a dozen men standing right inside the front door close talking and shaking hands. I know most of them and never thought of them as idiots before but that open display of ignorance was alarming to me. Our local hospital has only 25 beds, those fools could fill up half of them.

Did you go over and say, "Hello, I"m your local Leftist and I would like to report you to the Viral Authority Board"

Nope. I said hey and went about my business. I still have work to do before I get shut down. Pretty libertarian when it comes to personal choice. If they want to flirt with death then they deserve what they get.

I would like to know what has liberals absolutely hyperventilating all over about this virus. The men shook hands. In one post you called them "idiots", "ignorant" and "fools". Honestly you would think they dove head first off a tall building the way you talk about it.

It's honestly ridiculous
It's high time you come to understand exponential growth. A basic understanding of bell curves would bring you a little closer to understanding. Communicable diseases always follow a curve that allows one to fairly accurately foretell the future. Our current growth curve says this thing is going to be horrifying before it's done.

Equally horrifying would be if we get a good drug combo on board to treat and prevent the virus and we could all return to normal life very, very soon

I understand
Sadly there is nothing that will make a noticeable dent in this thing coming any time soon. Quit looking for magic bullets. Prevention, as always, is the best cure. There are diseases out there that have been around for millennia and still all we can do is medical life support until they fight it off or die. There are no magic bullets.

Science-denier

Apparently, SOME people aren't concerned about covid-19 because they have GOD on their side. Let's check back with them in a month or so, shall we? We'll see how that worked out by then. But if some of them die, they're all Christians so they'll be up in heaven, right? I guess.
I thought religious people were supposed to care for and protect their fellow man.

Seems to me they are not doing that

No, Trump did not crash the economy, leftist media alarmists and their "experts" did.

That's ok because either one of those countries could fit into our 2 biggest states combined, with 48 more states to go..

Nice, buddy, you keep pretending this isn't going to be that bad. Your side has been saying that for three months, and every week, we hit new milestones of awful.

Honestly you probably don't even believe in God. Certainly not in Jesus Christ. So just leave it at "I don't know"

You do not know me. You do not know what thoughts occur to me. Judging from your comments on USMB, you do not believe in Jesus Christ. Go read the Sermon on the Mount.

I thought religious people were supposed to care for and protect their fellow man.

Jesus two major commands:

"You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, mind, soul and strength

And you shall love your neighbor as yourself"

Do not get those mixed up in order. That said, we should not be reckless...that is, we should not show up at church with active infection, of course.

Good to see we still have freedom of religion in America.
And the freedom to infect everyone around you! Yes!

It seems you have very little imagination for this sort of thing but let me clue you in: this is exactly how your freedom is taken, and mine. I mean not that anyone cares about that anymore, right? But still. YOU can't congregate in groups ever anymore, because my neighbor's sister's niece is immuno-compromised, and viruses get around, and it's DANGEROUS

Congrats for being part of the big problem: whipping us into a nation of window-peeping Gestapos. Hope you're proud
Ha, so selfish it boggles the mind. Who said Anything about “ever” anyway. Did I mention how selfish you appear to be???

Incredible but true.

It's honestly ridiculous

I understand

Science-denier
Reality denier. Think about the aids virus. It took years to find something to treat it. We may be better at understanding viruses these days but still there can be no treatment that will be ready to flatten the curve before it goes into decline anyway.

You do not know me. You do not know what thoughts occur to me. Judging from your comments on USMB, you do not believe in Jesus Christ. Go read the Sermon on the Mount.

This is very simple: I am a Christian. I believe before the universe began, there was the Trinity, the God, Three in One, Father, Son, Holy Ghost.

If you believe that and a few other things, you too are a Christian. If you don't, you aren't. If you hedge, you're not a Christian but don't want to admit it, so you can argue and accuse me.

Jesus two major commands:

"You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, mind, soul and strength

And you shall love your neighbor as yourself"

Do not get those mixed up in order. That said, we should not be reckless...that is, we should not show up at church with active infection, of course.
You do know that many people have active infections and show no symptoms at all don't you?

And where does it say in the bible that one must attend church service ? Can't you love and worship your god from home?

Good to see we still have freedom of religion in America.
And the freedom to infect everyone around you! Yes!

It seems you have very little imagination for this sort of thing but let me clue you in: this is exactly how your freedom is taken, and mine. I mean not that anyone cares about that anymore, right? But still. YOU can't congregate in groups ever anymore, because my neighbor's sister's niece is immuno-compromised, and viruses get around, and it's DANGEROUS

Congrats for being part of the big problem: whipping us into a nation of window-peeping Gestapos. Hope you're proud
Ha, so selfish it boggles the mind. Who said Anything about “ever” anyway. Did I mention how selfish you appear to be???

I really don't care if you feel my First Amendment Rights are selfish. For now, they are still my rights. I know you probably care little for them.

Forum List

Back