Megachurches Still Packing Them In!

Being a right-winger has to be a measurable risk factor in dying of this disease.
Incredible but true.
I went to our small town hardware store the other day. The place has become sort of a hangout for conservatives since things started shutting down. There were about a dozen men standing right inside the front door close talking and shaking hands. I know most of them and never thought of them as idiots before but that open display of ignorance was alarming to me. Our local hospital has only 25 beds, those fools could fill up half of them.
They've been told this is a political plot and they believe it, down to their bones.

This has been a perfect example of how an ideology can literally be dangerous.
At some point they will question why they are being asked to parrot a contradictory message every week.
Obviously they get this stuff from talk radio and the internet.

I wonder if any of those people feel the slightest bit of guilt.

I'm guessing not.
I suspect that the slower ones actually believe that the world is a conspiracy against them so its all moot. Its kind of shocking that hatred of science leads people to advocate spreading disease and ultimately killing people.

Being a right-winger has to be a measurable risk factor in dying of this disease.
Incredible but true.
I went to our small town hardware store the other day. The place has become sort of a hangout for conservatives since things started shutting down. There were about a dozen men standing right inside the front door close talking and shaking hands. I know most of them and never thought of them as idiots before but that open display of ignorance was alarming to me. Our local hospital has only 25 beds, those fools could fill up half of them.

Did you go over and say, "Hello, I"m your local Leftist and I would like to report you to the Viral Authority Board"

Or did you just WISH you could?
Nope. I said hey and went about my business. I still have work to do before I get shut down. Pretty libertarian when it comes to personal choice. If they want to flirt with death then they deserve what they get.

I would like to know what has liberals absolutely hyperventilating all over about this virus. The men shook hands. In one post you called them "idiots", "ignorant" and "fools". Honestly you would think they dove head first off a tall building the way you talk about it.

It's honestly ridiculous

Incredible but true.
They've been told this is a political plot and they believe it, down to their bones.

At some point they will question why they are being asked to parrot a contradictory message every week.

I'm guessing not.
I suspect that the slower ones actually believe that the world is a conspiracy against them so its all moot. Its kind of shocking that hatred of science leads people to advocate spreading disease and ultimately killing people.

Your choices kill people Tommy. Your unhealthy choices, see, bog down the NHS.

We can do this all day long. It's a stupid game to play. Really, a really stupid game to play

SO don't

Incredible but true.

I'm guessing not.

I made my decision about this Coronavirus hoax yesterday, while watching "Meet The Press".

You see, you observe whatever they're pushing for, and the opposite is what's best for the country.

Yesterday they were pushing lockdown for 2 more months, that means it needs to end as soon as possible. :)

Incredible but true.

I'm guessing not.
I wonder if they realize that exercising their "freedom" puts others at risk.

The problem here is that their thought processes are simply saturated with partisan politics, and particularly Trumpism. There is nothing you can say to them, even at this moment. They will only believe what they are told in their closed-circuit universe.

Literally. Not kidding.

These people who go to these mega-churches are being incredibly selfish. Whatever they contract while there they will carry with them to infect others.

One thing that I will never understand about the "religious" yahoos is their insistence on making a big public show about what they are doing. Total theatrics.

They don't understand that you can pray anywhere and at any time. They confuse show-time with prayer-time. How many times have I heard somebody say that they "can't pray" because they are being stopped by someone else, when, whatever you perceive to be the Creator/Supreme Being, is open 24/7 to hear you wherever you are.

Incredible but true.

I'm guessing not.

The problem here is that their thought processes are simply saturated with partisan politics, and particularly Trumpism. There is nothing you can say to them, even at this moment. They will only believe what they are told in their closed-circuit universe.

Literally. Not kidding.

Gosh you're right there, Mac. Better do away with a lot of those pesky freedoms so the government can do a great job of keeping us safe, huh?

Oh yeah. Safety. Courtesy of the government. Just what the Founding Fathers envisioned.

These people who go to these mega-churches are being incredibly selfish. Whatever they contract while there they will carry with them to infect others.

One thing that I will never understand about the "religious" yahoos is their insistence on making a big public show about what they are doing. Total theatrics.

They don't understand that you can pray anywhere and at any time. They confuse show-time with prayer-time. How many times have I heard somebody say that they "can't pray" because they are being stopped by someone else, when, whatever you perceive to be the Creator/Supreme Being, is open 24/7 to hear you wherever you are.

You don't understand the first thing about it.

Incredible but true.

I'm guessing not.

Literally. Not kidding.

Gosh you're right there, Mac. Better do away with a lot of those pesky freedoms so the government can do a great job of keeping us safe, huh?

Oh yeah. Safety. Courtesy of the government. Just what the Founding Fathers envisioned.
Sue do you honestly believe that the virus poses no threat ?

Well, if you get Covid-19, I would recommend we give you the Founding Father's Treatment.

1585563749127.png

Worked for Geo. Washington!

1585563766896.png

Oh, damn. Wait.

Of course. But they believe it's not that dangerous.

So what are we supposed to say to someone like that?

Objectively, to what would you like to compare it? What plague, what virus in the past?

Smallpox?

Measles?

Bubonic plague?

Ebola?

Cholera?

Typhoid?

Maybe YOU could set aside the sighing and whining and we could do an honest, objective comparison. Truth is, this virus is a LOT less deadly than many. Truth is, aside from a few tragic outliers, it barely touches those who are already not in poor health. A century ago, many of the people stricken by COVID would have probably not been alive at any rate. Am I saying they don't deserve to be alive now? Not even close. I'm just saying that in all the plagues we have, let's be honest: this one is not a horror show.

Incredible but true.

I'm guessing not.

Literally. Not kidding.

Sue do you honestly believe that the virus poses no threat ?

You don't have a Constitution nor Founding Fathers, so this is not for you.

Thank God, Tommy, we fought a Revolutionary War to get away

Maybe YOU could set aside the sighing and whining and we could do an honest, objective comparison. Truth is, this virus is a LOT less deadly than many. Truth is, aside from a few tragic outliers, it barely touches those who are already not in poor health. A century ago, many of the people stricken by COVID would have probably not been alive at any rate. Am I saying they don't deserve to be alive now? Not even close. I'm just saying that in all the plagues we have, let's be honest: this one is not a horror show.

Yes, we need to kill off all those old people. How dare they keep living and deny rich people their right to a Dressage Horse!

Wow, Sue, do you ever realize how fucked up you sound most of the time.

You don't have a Constitution nor Founding Fathers, so this is not for you.

Thank God, Tommy, we fought a Revolutionary War to get away

Gee, I think right now, I'd like to have universal health care instead of "Founding Fathers". (The United Kingdom also has a constitution, but don't let that stop you, Sour Sue.)

So let's look at how the UK is doing compared to us.

UK- 19,000 cases, 1228 deaths.
US - 142,737 cases, 2489 deaths.

But boy, we showed them, didn't we?

Incredible but true.

Did you go over and say, "Hello, I"m your local Leftist and I would like to report you to the Viral Authority Board"

Nope. I said hey and went about my business. I still have work to do before I get shut down. Pretty libertarian when it comes to personal choice. If they want to flirt with death then they deserve what they get.

I would like to know what has liberals absolutely hyperventilating all over about this virus. The men shook hands. In one post you called them "idiots", "ignorant" and "fools". Honestly you would think they dove head first off a tall building the way you talk about it.

It's honestly ridiculous
It's high time you come to understand exponential growth. A basic understanding of bell curves would bring you a little closer to understanding. Communicable diseases always follow a curve that allows one to fairly accurately foretell the future. Our current growth curve says this thing is going to be horrifying before it's done.

Incredible but true.

It's honestly ridiculous
It's high time you come to understand exponential growth. A basic understanding of bell curves would bring you a little closer to understanding. Communicable diseases always follow a curve that allows one to fairly accurately foretell the future. Our current growth curve says this thing is going to be horrifying before it's done.

Equally horrifying would be if we get a good drug combo on board to treat and prevent the virus and we could all return to normal life very, very soon

I understand

Forum List

Back