Media Claims Trump Knew Gen Flynn Was A Foreign Agent, But Ignores John Podesta Is One

So you have the Podestas working for the Russians and this isn't making screaming headlines.

Amazing.

The difference between the Flynn case and the Podesta case is clear and bright. Flynn did not register before his activities with a foreign government and the Podesta group did. The difference between and agent and a lobbyist is that an agent registers an application when they plan on having direct contact with officials of the government being applied for. A lobbyist applies for registration to conduct work for a specific private company(s). The important part of the situations in question is that the Podesta's told the US government, including the FBI, CIA, Defense Dept., DIA, NSA, and every other intelligence or law enforcement agency in the US what they were doing, intending to do, who they were meeting with and when they were meeting with them. That means they availed themselves to briefings and questioning from all those agencies. Flynn on the other hand, kept his business dealing secretive.

Tony Podesta was not registered as a foreign agent.
He was registered by name along with the Podesta group as a foreign lobbyist for Sberbank, a privately owned Russian bank.

:lol:

VTB and Sberbank hired them. Hypocrisy thy name is liberal. Dems are freaking busted big time.

Cashflow and the Kremlin

Andrei Kostin, head of Russia’s state-run VTB Bank, reaches to his mantelpiece into a thicket of framed pictures of him with President Vladimir Putin and picks out a photo in which he is standing with Hillary Clinton, then US secretary of state. “If you publish this, it could affect her chances to be president! They’re always trying to find the Russian trace,” he jokes. “I don’t have one with Mr Trump, unfortunately.”

Mr Kostin, who talks about his time in the Soviet diplomatic service with a knowing wink, has good reason to follow the US election closely. VTB, Russia’s second-largest bank, has seen its plans to become a major player in global finance dashed by US and EU sanctions over the Ukraine conflict in 2014.

rest at link

Subscribe to read
None of that changes the fact the Anthony Podesta and the Podesta Group applied to the US Government to be official lobbyist for Sberbank and it's subsidies before they began lobbying. In other words, they had permission from the governmet to conduct lobbying before they began when the application was approved. That is the difference between the Podesta group, Anthony Podesta, and Flynn. One gave notice and sought permission and the other one did not. Why is that hard to understand?

Chris Wallace this morning claims that Michael Flynn has registered as a foreign lobbyist for Turkey and that Trump should have known something about it. The only people that say this is true is fake news purveyors CNN and the like. Maybe they feel they can get score some political points off of the story. But it's a bit strange that they've been looking the other way for the last 8 years and now after months of revelations of Hillary taking massive amounts of cash from foreign countries for speeches, supposedly a fired former employee of Trumps is doing now is worse.

They are just mad that Trump got rid of him before the press found out about it....they are pissed. If Flynn had stayed on till this came out they could have roasted Trump...but Flynn is gone, and it is hard to push this story when Flynn was pushed out weeks ago.........

All of this underscores the quite obvious fact that whatever the Dem-Progs are busy accusing Trump and Conservatives of doing, they either have done themselves or plan to do if they regain power.
Democrats criminalize everything. How dare anyone from the Trump administration talk to foreign diplomats. They must be up to something nefarious.

Mudwhistle, if Hillary were in office I am sure we would be getting slammed about everything just like Obama was..

Flynn was wrong and Sessions lied under oath..

These connections are surfacing about Russia

Roger Stone Admits he has had contact with Russian Hacker today ( Trumps campaign Adviser )
Hillary was allowed to run for president even though she was caught committing espionage, and you libs say she did nothing wrong.
However, every Democrat that screams about Trump talking to Russia has talked to Russia themselves. Obama himself was trying to scrap our nukes and made it known to them that he would wait till after he was re-elected to do it. That's about as criminal as you can get.

Do you recall that it was mostly the democrats who supported Trump at first last summer...The GOP tried to get him out and made fun of him on Fox news...
Remember I supported him until he picked Pence, I saw where he was going and it was contrary to what he was promising..
Many felt that they had 0 choices, but voted for the party or didn't vote..

IEblV1v.png

They are just mad that Trump got rid of him before the press found out about it....they are pissed. If Flynn had stayed on till this came out they could have roasted Trump...but Flynn is gone, and it is hard to push this story when Flynn was pushed out weeks ago.........

All of this underscores the quite obvious fact that whatever the Dem-Progs are busy accusing Trump and Conservatives of doing, they either have done themselves or plan to do if they regain power.
Democrats criminalize everything. How dare anyone from the Trump administration talk to foreign diplomats. They must be up to something nefarious.

Flynn lying to Pence was okay by your moral values? Flynn's meeting may not have been criminal, but is was not transparent! A reasonable person asks questions when such a clandestine meeting takes place. I'm not surprised by your lack of curiosity - no one would ever consider you reasonable.
Flynn lying to Pence wasn't okay.
Next stupid question.

I'm curious about alot of things. Like why this sort of thing only matters when it's a Republican doing it.
"Sort of thing"? Can you give another example of another National Security Advisor to a President that worked for pay for a foreign government and or their officials?
Wait a minute. Flynn isn't working for Trump. He was fired.

BTW, I wonder why Obama paid $9.2 billion dollars to Iran to help them pay for terrorism?
Susan Rice is an advocate for Hamas.
Valarie Jarrett was born in Iran and is a closet Muslim.
Huma Abedin's parents are members of the Muslim Brotherhood and is an advocate for Muslim refugees and is a Muslim.
Former CIA director John Brennan was a closet Muslim, was Obama's primary advisor on counter-intelligence, as well as is the primary reason we've had all of these leaks. While he was CIA director they hacked into the computers of US Senators and released intelligence on CIA torture to the public.

Good God you people's priorities are extremely out of wack with reality!!!

Mudwhistle, if Hillary were in office I am sure we would be getting slammed about everything just like Obama was..

Roger Stone Admits he has had contact with Russian Hacker today ( Trumps campaign Adviser )
Hillary was allowed to run for president even though she was caught committing espionage, and you libs say she did nothing wrong.
However, every Democrat that screams about Trump talking to Russia has talked to Russia themselves. Obama himself was trying to scrap our nukes and made it known to them that he would wait till after he was re-elected to do it. That's about as criminal as you can get.

Do you recall that it was mostly the democrats who supported Trump at first last summer...The GOP tried to get him out and made fun of him on Fox news...
Remember I supported him until he picked Pence, I saw where he was going and it was contrary to what he was promising..
Many felt that they had 0 choices, but voted for the party or didn't vote..

Yeah, I'm sure.......

Flynn lying to Pence was okay by your moral values? Flynn's meeting may not have been criminal, but is was not transparent! A reasonable person asks questions when such a clandestine meeting takes place. I'm not surprised by your lack of curiosity - no one would ever consider you reasonable.
Next stupid question.

I'm curious about alot of things. Like why this sort of thing only matters when it's a Republican doing it.
"Sort of thing"? Can you give another example of another National Security Advisor to a President that worked for pay for a foreign government and or their officials?

BTW, I wonder why Obama paid $9.2 billion dollars to Iran to help them pay for terrorism?
Huma Abedin's parents are members of the Muslim Brotherhood and is an advocate for Muslim refugees and is a Muslim.
Former CIA director John Brennan was a closet Muslim, was Obama's primary advisor on counter-intelligence, as well as is the primary reason we've had all of these leaks. While he was CIA director they hacked into the computers of US Senators and released intelligence on CIA torture to the public.

Get your facts straight:

Why the U.S. Owed Iran That $400 Million

Or not, and continue to lie.

Next stupid question.

Yes, he was fired for the topic being discussed in this thread and as usual, your response is to deflect away from the topic with the usual"....but.....but.....but.....Obama....."

Next stupid question.

Get your facts straight:

Why the U.S. Owed Iran That $400 Million

Or not, and continue to lie.
I don't give a flying fuck what the Iranians say we owed them.
Those cocksuckers took our diplomats hostage and were responsible for the deaths of thousands of our troops in Somalia, Iraq, and Afghanistan.

The media is trying to make a big deal about Michael Flynn, who was fired by Trump last month, being a Turkish agent, but totally ignores the fact that Hillary Clintons campaign chairman has been a foreign agent for years.

I guess this is another example of the left telling everyone do as I say, not as I do.

September 1, 2016
Hillary Clinton, the Podesta Group and the Saudi Regime: A Fatal Menage a Trois

by Medea Benjamin

john-podesta-mary-podesta-3.jpg

If I told you that Democratic Party lobbyist Tony Podesta, whose brother John Podesta chairs Hillary Clinton’s presidential campaign, is a registered foreign agent on the Saudi government’s payroll, you’d probably think I was a Trump-thumping, conspiratorial nutcase. But it’s true.

The lobby firm created by both Tony and John Podesta in 1988 receives $140,000 a month from the Saudi government, a government that beheads nonviolent dissidents, uses torture to extract forced confessions, doesn’t allow women to drive, and bombs schools, hospitals and residential neighborhoods in neighboring Yemen.

The Podesta Group’s March 2016 filing, required under the Foreign Agents Registration Act of 1938, shows that Tony Podesta himself oversees the Saudi account. At the same time, Tony Podesta is also a top campaign contributor and bundler for Hillary Clinton. So while one brother runs the campaign, the other brother funds it with earnings that come, in part, from the Saudis.

John and Tony Podesta have been heavyweights in DC insider politics for decades. John Podesta served as President Bill Clinton’s chief of staff, founded the influential DC think tank Center for American Progress (which regularly touts Saudi “reforms”), and was counselor to President Obama. Tony Podesta was dubbed by The New York Times as “one of Washington’s biggest players” whose clients “are going to get a blueprint for how to succeed in official Washington.”

The brothers seem to have no problem mixing their roles into the same pot. Tony Podesta held a Clinton campaign fundraiser at his home featuring gourmet Italian food cooked by himself and his brother, the campaign chairman. The fundraiser, by the way, came just days after Tony Podesta filed his Saudi contract with the Justice Department, a contract that included an initial “project fee” payment of $200,000.

The Saudis hired the Podesta Group in 2015 because it was getting hammered in the press over civilian casualties from its airstrikes in Yemen and its crackdown on political dissidents at home, including sentencing blogger Raif Badawi to ten years in prison and 1,000 lashes for “insulting Islam.” Since then, Tony Podesta’s fingerprints have been all over Saudi Arabia’s advocacy efforts in Washington DC. When Saudi Arabia executed the prominent nonviolent Shia dissident Sheikh Nimr al-Nimr, causing protests throughout the Shia world and inflaming sectarian divisions, The New York Times noted that the Podesta Group provided the newspaper with a Saudi commentator who defended the execution.​

If Hillary was in office, well you have an argument... She lost, probably because of those issues.

Trump never fired him , and they were not going to do a thing until the truth came out to the public..
. You're point is ridiculous.. Just sayin.

Trump is president and Hillary is not...Why are we even talking about Hillary right now...who cares.

I know many democrats who were not happy with her and the connections she has.. I know my family was...
. Interesting link.. Saw some interesting associations with these families.

Chris Wallace this morning claims that Michael Flynn has registered as a foreign lobbyist for Turkey and that Trump should have known something about it. The only people that say this is true is fake news purveyors CNN and the like. Maybe they feel they can get score some political points off of the story. But it's a bit strange that they've been looking the other way for the last 8 years and now after months of revelations of Hillary taking massive amounts of cash from foreign countries for speeches, supposedly a fired former employee of Trumps is doing now is worse.

Sessions did not lie under oath.....saying he did is the lie.

No..denying that he lied under oath is the lie......

No asswipe...he did not lie under oath...he answered al franken the toads question truthfully.....you guys want to lie about it to smear him but we have the internet.....and anyone watching the back and forth knows he did not lie...

No asswipe...he did not lie under oath...he answered al franken the toads question truthfully.....you guys want to lie about it to smear him but we have the internet.....and anyone watching the back and forth knows he did not lie...
Why don't you post the actual transcript, Liar?

The difference between the Flynn case and the Podesta case is clear and bright. Flynn did not register before his activities with a foreign government and the Podesta group did. The difference between and agent and a lobbyist is that an agent registers an application when they plan on having direct contact with officials of the government being applied for. A lobbyist applies for registration to conduct work for a specific private company(s). The important part of the situations in question is that the Podesta's told the US government, including the FBI, CIA, Defense Dept., DIA, NSA, and every other intelligence or law enforcement agency in the US what they were doing, intending to do, who they were meeting with and when they were meeting with them. That means they availed themselves to briefings and questioning from all those agencies. Flynn on the other hand, kept his business dealing secretive.

Tony Podesta was not registered as a foreign agent.
He was registered by name along with the Podesta group as a foreign lobbyist for Sberbank, a privately owned Russian bank.

:lol:

VTB and Sberbank hired them. Hypocrisy thy name is liberal. Dems are freaking busted big time.

Cashflow and the Kremlin

Andrei Kostin, head of Russia’s state-run VTB Bank, reaches to his mantelpiece into a thicket of framed pictures of him with President Vladimir Putin and picks out a photo in which he is standing with Hillary Clinton, then US secretary of state. “If you publish this, it could affect her chances to be president! They’re always trying to find the Russian trace,” he jokes. “I don’t have one with Mr Trump, unfortunately.”

Mr Kostin, who talks about his time in the Soviet diplomatic service with a knowing wink, has good reason to follow the US election closely. VTB, Russia’s second-largest bank, has seen its plans to become a major player in global finance dashed by US and EU sanctions over the Ukraine conflict in 2014.

rest at link

Subscribe to read
None of that changes the fact the Anthony Podesta and the Podesta Group applied to the US Government to be official lobbyist for Sberbank and it's subsidies before they began lobbying. In other words, they had permission from the governmet to conduct lobbying before they began when the application was approved. That is the difference between the Podesta group, Anthony Podesta, and Flynn. One gave notice and sought permission and the other one did not. Why is that hard to understand?

Flynn's company was registered as a lobbyist. The client we are discussing is a Dutch firm owned by a Turkish businessman.

On the other hand it appears that the Podesta's have been regularly breaking the law. I just found this. I think AG Sessions would be wise to investigate them.

"A high-dollar lobbyist and fundraiser for Hillary Clinton's presidential campaign failed to file legally required disclosures for his advocacy on behalf of a foreign government in discussions with Clinton's future campaign chairman, according to a political law expert.

High-powered Democratic lobbyist Tony Podesta emailed his brother John, a top White House adviser who would later chair the Clinton campaign, in January 2015. Tony wondered if John would attend a meeting with the Indian ambassador to the United States.

"I'm at Camp David Friday," John replied. "Probably best to do Monday. I need to get briefed on where things stand." It is not clear whether the meeting ever took place, or whether John Podesta attended.

The emails were more than a casual exchange between brothers: the Republic of India is a client of the Podesta Group, a lobbying firm that the brothers founded in the late 1980s and which Tony still leads.

At the time, the firm was pulling down nearly $60,000 a month for its work on the Indian government's behalf.

Lobbying firms representing foreign governments and political parties are required to file periodic disclosures, known as supplemental statements, with the Department of Justice notifying them of communications with media organizations or government officials on behalf of their foreign government or political clients.

Tony Podesta sent his email regarding the Indian ambassador on Jan. 1, 2015. The Podesta Group's Foreign Agent Registration Act disclosures list no contact with John Podesta on behalf of a foreign government client in either the second half of 2014 or the first half of 2015."

Clinton Bundler’s Contact With Campaign Chair Skirted Foreign Government Lobbying Laws

So John and Tony were working with all sorts of foreign governments while John was working in the White House.

Whoa geeze!

Stupid and misinformed memes is all these dopes have. Asking for more about Russians in a thread about Russians is beyond stupid.
Read the thread you idiot.
Last time I looked the Russians weren't in the streets in Dearborn Michigan screaming "Death To America".
Stupid and misinformed memes is all these dopes have. Asking for more about Russians in a thread about Russians is beyond stupid.
Read the thread you idiot.
Last time I looked the Russians weren't in the streets in Dearborn Michigan screaming "Death To America".
Neither were Muslims. Your bullshyt claim is based on a 2014 video that does not give evidence of the crowd chanting what you claim. It is a fake story you are planting into this thread.
Provide a link to the lie you are promoting.

Forum List

Back