Massive increase in battery production, and it's just the beginning

Yeah, all those minerals that are obtained by slave labor or near-slave labor.

Then, after being no longer usable, those batteries get sent off to the third world.
Much of the cobalt that is used comes from Australia. And most of the battery manufacturers are using less to no cobalt in their batteries because of the price of that metal. Cobalt is used in other products other than batteries. So have you protested the use there? I thought not, just another hypocritical "Conservative"

Yes, and we already are, and more recycling plants are being built every day. If the batteries were judged as raw ore, they would be rated as bonanza class ore.
Do you know how much energy it takes to recycle?

So do you recycle with renewable energy or charge your car? Cant do both without some other source of energy...

Do you know how much energy it takes to recycle?

So do you recycle with renewable energy or charge your car? Cant do both without some other source of energy...
See that big bright yellow thing up in the sky? Gives more energy every day than we can ever use. And on a utility scale, it is the cheapest form of new energy available.

The rapidity of improvements in batteries is being matched by the increase in the manufacturing of the batteries. On an exponential curve for now;

See that big bright yellow thing up in the sky? Gives more energy every day than we can ever use. And on a utility scale, it is the cheapest form of new energy available.
Yeah... I recall people like yourself saying the same thing when the Arabs got pissy after we helped Israel in 73. Solar and wind were going to save the day. It's coming up on 50 years ago.

I see old Cocks is at it again. So tell me. For people like me who have to park on the street. Who is going to pay for the billion charging stations that have to line every street in every neighborhood across thw country? And. How would they be wired? Underground or overhead?

Also, hybrids will play a part, here.

Yeah... I recall people like yourself saying the same thing when the Arabs got pissy after we helped Israel in 73. Solar and wind were going to save the day. It's coming up on 50 years ago.
Economics is the primary creator of change. It is only in the last decade that wind and solar became economically competitive with fossil fuels. Now they are more than competitive;

1627958640103.png

I see old Cocks is at it again. So tell me. For people like me who have to park on the street. Who is going to pay for the billion charging stations that have to line every street in every neighborhood across thw country? And. How would they be wired? Underground or overhead?
Who the hell paid for the service stations that are on every street corner? There will be plenty of people that see the profit in charging stations. In fact, one already has. Tesla is now opening up it's super charging stations to all EV's. And Tesla is building up a VPP system with it's auto trader that could supply those stations with low cost electricity.

Really hard to get over utterly stupid so many of these "Conservatives" are. Cover 1% of agricultural land with solar panels, increase crop yields, save water, and produce all the power our nation needs.
And what happens to the power when it is the shortest day of the year and coldest day also? Guess it is time to stop charging your car and stop recycling.

Who the hell paid for the service stations that are on every street corner? There will be plenty of people that see the profit in charging stations. In fact, one already has. Tesla is now opening up it's super charging stations to all EV's. And Tesla is building up a VPP system with it's auto trader that could supply those stations with low cost electricity.
Nope. Those overpriced glorified golf carts won't cut it.

Forum List

Back