Electric Car Battery Storage Harmful To The Air

elektra

Platinum Member
Dec 1, 2013
Jewitt City, Connecticut
It almost seems like this should be it's own category. Electric Battery fires. It now seems endless, from cruise ships, to electric bicycles, Norway to South Africa. Everywhere I look, I see lithium bursting into flames.

Warehouse With 900 Tonnes of Lithium Batteries Bursts Into Flames

Watch: Warehouse With 900 Tonnes of Recycled Lithium Car Batteries Bursts Into Flames​

1708432367125.png

900 tons, seems like a lot after so little time on the market. I can't wait until 2025. I get by then we have a million tons of electric car waste.

funny, pkflop, you are claiming that somehow, a heavier car does not wear out tires faster than a lighter car?

hahaha, I will educate you, plopp

A electric car is on average 32% heavier than a gas powered car.
More weight needs more traction, for acceleration, braking, turning.
That results in more tire, wider, stronger side walls
Extra weight also destroys the tires faster, more friction, force, and heat

An EV will weigh 30 percent more, on average, than its ICE equivalent vehicle. It’s not just the camera. This extra weight comes from the batteries and it means that tires will need to bear the added weight plus account for the momentum and stopping requirements. The heavier the vehicle, the more traction is needed to resist sliding in maneuvers and when stopping.

We need to know all the negatives along with the positives. The internal combustion engine sand the infrastructure has over a century behind it. We have traitorous corrupted scam artists are forcing this on us. And that infrastructure needs to be with it and vast. There is hidden technology not released yet, I am sure. If this way of transportation is the future it should come as it is developed with a little push from the government if proven neutral to the environment.

We need to know all the negatives along with the positives. The internal combustion engine sand the infrastructure has over a century behind it. We have traitorous corrupted scam artists are forcing this on us. And that infrastructure needs to be with it and vast. There is hidden technology not released yet, I am sure. If this way of transportation is the future it should come as it is developed with a little push from the government if proven neutral to the environment.
The electric car proceeded the combustion engine. Or, electric motors proceeded combustion engines.

Robert Davidson, 1839. That is a long time before the gas powered car. That is close to 200 years. I would say after this amount of time, the government can not be involved at all. The last thing we need is the government pushing electric cars uphill, or any other technology.

90% of motor/battery-related fires are in ICE vehicles. It's only newsworthy if connected to an EV. That's why you keep reading about them.

We need to know all the negatives along with the positives. The internal combustion engine sand the infrastructure has over a century behind it. We have traitorous corrupted scam artists are forcing this on us.

Nothing is forced on you.

90% of motor/battery-related fires are in ICE vehicles. It's only newsworthy if connected to an EV. That's why you keep reading about them.
your comprehension is poor

These batteries are not "in" any vehicle. They were being stored, 900 tons of them. Given that Electric Cars are brand new, how does one country end up having 900 tons of used batteries in one place. Why is storing a used lithium battery so dangerous.

In my entire life, I have never ever heard of a lead acid battery spontaneously combusting, i.e., catch on fire. Could you provide examples and show us where you got the 90% figure, or better yet, translate that to the percentage of total vehicles manufactured.

I think you made this all up.

your comprehension is poor

These batteries are not "in" any vehicle. They were being stored, 900 tons of them. Given that Electric Cars are brand new, how does one country end up having 900 tons of used batteries in one place. Why is storing a used lithium battery so dangerous.

In my entire life, I have never ever heard of a lead acid battery spontaneously combusting, i.e., catch on fire.

Can a Car Battery Really Explode?.

funny, pkflop, you are claiming that somehow, a heavier car does not wear out tires faster than a lighter car?

hahaha, I will educate you, plopp

A electric car is on average 32% heavier than a gas powered car.
More weight needs more traction, for acceleration, braking, turning.
That results in more tire, wider, stronger side walls
Extra weight also destroys the tires faster, more friction, force, and heat

You get 5,000 to 10,000 miles less on the front tyres on an EV, the rear one wear at the same rate as a ICE vehicle. So you get more particulate pollution from the front tyres, but less on the brakes because they last longer on an EV. But my brakes on my ICE car and van last an awful long time because I'm from the days when you were taught to use the gears to slow down.

Like I said, you are a flop, and you can not show anything to support your pathetic argument.

It is proven, Lithium-ion- batteries are catching fire all across the world.

Woodbury Fire Dept.: Lithium-ion batteries to blame for 5 house fires in past 4 months​

WOODBURY, Minn. — At least five Woodbury houses have caught on fire because of a now-common item. According to investigators, those fires were all sparked by lithium-ion batteries.

Some of the fires led to widespread damage, including one home that was a total loss.

Like I said, you are a flop, and you can not show anything to support your pathetic argument.

It is proven, Lithium-ion- batteries are catching fire all across the world.

Woodbury Fire Dept.: Lithium-ion batteries to blame for 5 house fires in past 4 months​

WOODBURY, Minn. — At least five Woodbury houses have caught on fire because of a now-common item. According to investigators, those fires were all sparked by lithium-ion batteries.

Some of the fires led to widespread damage, including one home that was a total loss.
The PDF report in this link actually covers testing an ICE and EV fire. EV's are very toxic, the hydrogen fluoride is absorbed through the skin, hence why firefighters have to fully cover themselves -

The PDF report in this link actually covers testing an ICE and EV fire. EV's are very toxic, the hydrogen fluoride is absorbed through the skin, hence why firefighters have to fully cover themselves -

The bottom line from your link, the firefighters are wearing extremely good toxic gas hazard suits with respirators. If a citizen is exposed to this gas, it most likely will kill him
The ability of HF to penetrate skin and the fact that higher levels of HF are expected from electrical vehicles compared to conventional vehicles is a concern for the rescue service. It can be seen in guidelines used by the rescue services in Sweden, which focus a lot on the toxic gases and specifically on hydrogen fluoride [34, 35, 36]. Tests that have been performed in Sweden with two combinations of combined base layer and turnout gear materials to evaluate protection capacity against gases and particulates resulting from EV fires [37]. Results show good protection against HF for very high concentrations. Still, the concern regarding toxic gases may contribute to greater hesitation in theirfirefighting and response strategy regarding EVs. In addition, a delayed response entails a greater risk of fire spread as well as reduced recycling potential and higher insurance costs. This may have a critical impact to personal safety, the environment, the vehicle industry, and society’s shift towards electromobility.

I can hardly wait for the predictable surprises.
Another one bites the dust
Feb. 25 (UPI) -- A fire that killed one person and injured 17 others this week in New York City was caused by a malfunctioning lithium-ion battery, according to city fire marshals.

The two-alarm blaze on the fourth and fifth floors of an apartment building in the Harlem neighborhood of Hamilton Heights broke out shortly after 2 p.m. Friday, forcing Fire Department of New York personnel to use ropes to rescue residents of the building on St. Nicholas Place.
1709298469315.png

Forum List

Back