Mask Mandates

Masks are making a comeback around here. The day before Thanksgiving I was in a Chinese restaurant observing three young women, masked, eating lunch. Pull the mask down, put fork in mouth, pull mask up. Pull mask down, drink. Pull mask up. It did not take very long before the masks looked like a baby bib. Wet,
Slopped with food. They left that way. Is this sanitary?

If you are so idiotic as to actually wear a mask while eating at least carry a clean mask.

Frankly, when I enter a hospital, it's good to see workers masked. After all, hospitals hold sick people. People in our everyday lives are not sick like that so why do we insist on masking?

It's not at all good to see workers masked.

First, they are breathing in Chinese chemicals and plastics for long, long shifts, multiple times a week. If they are working, they are healthy. So why do this--because it makes you feel better?

Second, only masks that are N95 or better, professionally fitted, and changed about every hour do a THING to mitigate airborne respiratory viruses.

If you want to feel healthier at the hospital, ask if workers have generous sick day policies so when they are sick they can stay home. That's it.

People in our everyday lives are not sick like that so why do we insist on masking?
A month ago my band played in Williamstown. Two days later we all got Covid. People in our everyday lives can be sick like that.

Last edited:
Second, only masks that are N95 or better, professionally fitted, and changed about every hour do a THING to mitigate airborne respiratory viruses.

This was a genuine 3M branded N95 mask, that I put under my microscope, photographed, and used to create this visualization:

zPICT0001pHQ1600E.JPG

Forum List

Back