Man Eaten By Tiger At Indian Zoo

Shoulda said clinically mentally ill. By definition, all animals are insane in that they aren't responsible for their actions because they don't understand right from wrong. Of course they don't, they're animals.

"'The tiger was just being a tiger. An unusual object fell into his domain... He’s a wild animal in captivity. It is certainly not the tiger’s fault', she said."

I say we give the tiger a sentence of time served?

Man mauled to death by white tiger in Delhi Zoo - Telegraph

Yeah, you really can't blame the animal. He was just doing what comes naturally to him. He may not have even meant to kill the guy.
That was the impression I got from watching the video. The cat seemed curious about the interloper, and possibly only wanted to play initially. I suppose it would also depend on how many rocks the tiger was hit with during the encounter.

I vaguely recall a similar incident in the US (SF?) a few years ago where drunks were tossing objects at a tiger in her pen, and she got out and evened the score before being shot to death.

I remember that story too. They were tormenting the tiger. People are just ignorant jerks sometimes.
The tiger's name was Tatiana, and her fate was not a kind one:

"San Francisco Police Ofc. Chris Oshita was one of the officers who shot and killed the tiger. He later received a medal of valor.

"'I've never personally seen a tiger maul a human in my life and that's something I'll never forget,' said Oshita.

"Oshita and his partner were among the first to respond to the radio call. They saw paramedics by the tiger pit working on Sousa. Then they rushed to another call -- a second victim was outside the Terrace Cafe.

"'He's in a seated position; he's bleeding profusely and the tiger is sitting at his feet, kind of guarding him, just sitting there,' Oshita said.

"Oshita and his partner came out of the car, yelling and screaming, trying to divert the tiger away from one of the Dhaliwal brothers.

"Tatiana suddenly veered toward them.

"When she was about 20 yards away, Oshita decided to fire his handgun.

"The first shot struck Tatiana in the chest but she kept coming."

It was never legally established the victims enraged the cat by throwing things at her, but, according to eyewitnesses, Tatiana deliberately ignored all humans after she escaped her enclosure except the three drunks who (apparently) set the whole sorry tale in progress.

http://abc7news.com/archive/8931297/

That is terrible end for the tiger. Honestly, I feel more angry at those people for instigating the tiger, which resulted in IT being shot and killed. I don't feel they deserved the end they got either, but their stupid actions are the reason why the tiger is dead and the reason why the whole incident occurred.

"'The tiger was just being a tiger. An unusual object fell into his domain... He’s a wild animal in captivity. It is certainly not the tiger’s fault', she said."

I say we give the tiger a sentence of time served?

Yeah, you really can't blame the animal. He was just doing what comes naturally to him. He may not have even meant to kill the guy.
That was the impression I got from watching the video. The cat seemed curious about the interloper, and possibly only wanted to play initially. I suppose it would also depend on how many rocks the tiger was hit with during the encounter.

I vaguely recall a similar incident in the US (SF?) a few years ago where drunks were tossing objects at a tiger in her pen, and she got out and evened the score before being shot to death.

I remember that story too. They were tormenting the tiger. People are just ignorant jerks sometimes.

"San Francisco Police Ofc. Chris Oshita was one of the officers who shot and killed the tiger. He later received a medal of valor.

"'I've never personally seen a tiger maul a human in my life and that's something I'll never forget,' said Oshita.

"Oshita and his partner were among the first to respond to the radio call. They saw paramedics by the tiger pit working on Sousa. Then they rushed to another call -- a second victim was outside the Terrace Cafe.

"'He's in a seated position; he's bleeding profusely and the tiger is sitting at his feet, kind of guarding him, just sitting there,' Oshita said.

"Oshita and his partner came out of the car, yelling and screaming, trying to divert the tiger away from one of the Dhaliwal brothers.

It was never legally established the victims enraged the cat by throwing things at her, but, according to eyewitnesses, Tatiana deliberately ignored all humans after she escaped her enclosure except the three drunks who (apparently) set the whole sorry tale in progress.

That is terrible end for the tiger. Honestly, I feel more angry at those people for instigating the tiger, which resulted in IT being shot and killed. I don't feel they deserved the end they got either, but their stupid actions are the reason why the tiger is dead and the reason why the whole incident occurred.
Believe it or not, it got worse for tigers:
"Many wondered if the zoo would ever adopt another Siberian tiger. To the delight of many, it did -- Martha, an 11-year-old Siberian who arrived last year from a zoo in Nebraska. She's now become one of the zoo's most popular attractions.
iStock_000004201967XSmall.jpg

Phoenix Zoo has it's share of yoyos messing with the exhibits. It should be remembered these animals would likely have been poached if left free.....there will come a time when zoos are the only place where the African animals can be found. My tasty little blonde girlfriend once enraged an orangutan (spittin image of Moochelle Obozo) by simply looking at it......it charged the front of it's cage toward her....ferocious beasts with heavy fangs. I once encountered a spider monkey in a cage at the Phoenix zoo. He had his hand out of his cage like he wanted to shake hands. I should have noticed he was in an isolation cage away from Monkey Island. So I started to shake his little hand....he grabbed my hand and tried to pull my arm through the bars.....I used a simple wrist twist escape which really infuriated him....his teeth just missed me.
I've been in jungles in SE Asia where the monkeys are very bold, and can be dangerous....especially when you can't shoot them because enemy cadre are around. They'll try to grab things off your belts...... hand grenades in particular. Funniest story from the Phoenix Zoo was the drunk cowpoke who thought he'd try to tame a rhino. Climbed down into their enclosure....the female just stood there looking at him but the male wasn't as docile. So this rodeo dude tried to circle around behind them.....they kept turning to face him.....he's drunk and frustrated....so he yells "never been a rhino couldn't be rode, never been a cowboy couldn't be throwed" and raced toward them.....the male hooked him in the nuts and flipped him over it's back.....instant KO....by then the handlers were inside trying to keep the male away from the knocked cold cowboy.....he spent a couple nights in the hospital getting his junk sewn back together and then was arrested upon his release. :lol:

That was pretty cruel to think that all that time went by and no one did anything. It was like, "Let's make a Tiger easy Man" video. Someone should go to jail and certainly will be sued.

Shoulda said clinically mentally ill. By definition, all animals are insane in that they aren't responsible for their actions because they don't understand right from wrong. Of course they don't, they're animals.
Of course animals understand right from wrong. It's just not the same right and wrong as yours. To this tiger it was right to kill and eat prey. That's how it lives.

Man mauled to death by white tiger in Delhi Zoo

0.jpg

A young man has been mauled to death by a white tiger in an enclosure at a New Delhi zoo as staff and visitors watched on in horror.

According to eye witnesses, the man, believed to be 20 years old and named Maqsood, jumped a low barrier before scaling the enclosure’s safety wall to take photographs on his phone or throw stones at the endangered cat.

He then fell 18 feet, landed in a dry moat and within a few minutes was cowering on his haunches as the large white tiger stood over him.

Photographs appeared to show the man with his hands folded in a traditional Indian prayer gesture. Other eyewitnesses said the tiger did not attack until some visitors threw stones at him.

It is not clear whether the stones were thrown at the tiger to help the victim or to goad the animal, a common occurence in Indian zoos where little respect is shown to the animals.

“As he landed inside the enclosure, he saw the animal coming towards him,” one eyewitness told the Hindu newspaper.

“He sat with folded hands for the next few minutes as the animal kept watching him. Then all of a sudden, the tiger caught him by the neck and kept dragging before attacking with its claw.”

Other witnesses told local television channels they heard the victim’s screams and ran to the enclosure where they saw the man writhing “badly in pain” in the tiger’s jaws.

Officials did not attempt to rescue him and the man’s body remained in the enclosure for two hours after the attack. Police have since launched an investigation.

Zoo spokesman Riyaz Khan said police were investigating how the young man got into the enclosure.
“Apparently the boy has climbed the fencing and either jumped or fell into the enclosure and was attacked by the tiger,” he said.

“Our staff regularly move and caution the crowds from getting near the enclosures and they were doing it today also.”

Belinda Wright, India’s leading tiger conservationist, said the tiger should not be blamed for the incident.
“The tiger was just being a tiger. An unusual object fell into his domain... He’s a wild animal in captivity. It is certainly not the tiger’s fault”, she said.

Sources claim he was drunk. I can't believe that no one tried to help him, though, or that the zoo waited two hours before retrieving the body.

That pretty clearly needs to be investigated.

There were supposedly tranquiler guns just a few hundred feet away from the enclosure, and the stare-down lasted for almost twenty minutes before the tiger attacked. It sounds like they simply didn't care enough to try and save him.

We live in a world of getting your Youtube on. What is not to believe?

"Many wondered if the zoo would ever adopt another Siberian tiger. To the delight of many, it did -- Martha, an 11-year-old Siberian who arrived last year from a zoo in Nebraska. She's now become one of the zoo's most popular attractions.

Tigers are one of the most beautiful of all the big cats, IMO.

People are so frigging stupid.

Wild animals are WILD Animals. Respect them. They deserve respect.

Disney is a fantasy.

Wild animals are not pets. They are entities in their own rights and predators are predators.

People are so frigging stupid.

Wild animals are WILD Animals. Respect them. They deserve respect.

Disney is a fantasy.

Wild animals are not pets. They are entities in their own rights and predators are predators.
I wonder if anyone yet knows how the human wound up in the tiger's cage? Originally, speculation focused on his trying to get a better position to take pictures OR toss rocks at the cat. If the latter, my sympathy for him goes way down.

u
I hope that the zoo powers that be are prepared for a law suit because you know that they are going to be getting one.

God bless you always!!!

Holly
Unlike the United States, many nations, India included, aren't very litigious and thus a lawsuit, while remotely possible, is unlikely.

There's no doubt about that.
35243-bigthumbnail.jpg

35243-bigthumbnail.jpg

Look at these vicious little guys! :smile:

273696226_785b6c8359.jpg

Brazil loves tigers!
r-TIGER570-large570.jpg

"After Aryas Borges rescued two abused tigers from a circus in 2005, he got very close to his new pets. He started an improvised exotic animal sanctuary at his home in Maringa, Brazil, where he now owns seven tigers, two lions and one pet chihuahua named Little, according to ABC News.

"Everyone -- tigers included -- hangs out in the same house."

Brazilian Family Lives With SEVEN Tigers Because Six Isn t Enough PHOTOS
Not for long.....These are predatory animals that instinctively kill in order to eat as well as defend.
No amount of "humanizing" can take the nature out of these magnificent creatures. They should be in the wild or at least kept in a safe humane captive area so that they may live in peace

Brazil loves tigers!
r-TIGER570-large570.jpg

"After Aryas Borges rescued two abused tigers from a circus in 2005, he got very close to his new pets. He started an improvised exotic animal sanctuary at his home in Maringa, Brazil, where he now owns seven tigers, two lions and one pet chihuahua named Little, according to ABC News.

"Everyone -- tigers included -- hangs out in the same house."

Brazilian Family Lives With SEVEN Tigers Because Six Isn t Enough PHOTOS
Not for long.....These are predatory animals that instinctively kill in order to eat as well as defend.
No amount of "humanizing" can take the nature out of these magnificent creatures. They should be in the wild or at least kept in a safe humane captive area so that they may live in peace
They should all live freely and safely in the wild; however, there are large numbers of these great cats born in captivity who deserve a life of respect and love, like the seven tigers adopted by the Brazil family, for example.

35243-bigthumbnail.jpg

Look at these vicious little guys! :smile:

273696226_785b6c8359.jpg
A pair of Natural Born Killers, if I've ever seen one.
Of course, a few years from now...:ack-1:

Forum List

Back