Lost power, tree fell.

More power company caused it bs. YAWN
Not 'caused' it silly, they work round the clock to repair the problem, thereby violating the most important rules for capitalism.

This is the reason why capitalists must be willing to sit around a candle and not complain.

Not 'caused' it silly, they work round the clock to repair the problem, thereby violating the most important rules for capitalism.

This is the reason why capitalists must be willing to sit around a candle and not complain.
You got a screw loose. Thats the job. Cant charge you for power if lines are broken ya big dummy.

Getting a whole house setup is just a transfer switch on the main. Not that hard.

22kw about 8 k to10 k installed down in LA. Lower Alabama
But getting a certified electrician who is bonded and reliable, and available because he's constantly booked doing other jobs, is the problem.
Not that it's extremely difficult.
Depends on the company, but many of them can't even pass a piss-test.

But getting a certified electrician who is bonded and reliable, and available because he's constantly booked doing other jobs, is the problem.
Not that it's extremely difficult.
Depends on the company, but many of them can't even pass a piss-test.
Trades have gone downhill lately. Lots glorified installers calling themselves electricians.

Part time Snow Bird.

:iyfyus.jpg:
Florida is home....Hubby born there, his family is there, and my family has lived there 30 years straight, and several times, we lived there in my youth, beginning at 3 months old, the first time...dad was stationed in Pensacola, we went from Mobile, Al to Pensacola, then back to Mobile, then Mississippi, then Louisianna, then South Carolina, then NYC, then Puerto Rico, then NYC again, then Massachusetts, then NYC again, then NJ, then Italy and Germany, then NYC again, then NJ again, then Florida again only for 10 years, then got married and hubby and I moved to Massachusetts and now Maine, and a few months each winter in Florida.... staying with family....

My father's side of our family all live in Alabama.

And, or, charge a minimum for nothing.
The guy that built my house put the powerhead, electrical distribution panel, and main breaker on the opposite side of the house from the gas meter....so he has to run a cable to the generator that's all the way across and under the house. That's gonna take awhile to run. He's finished with the transfer switch.
He had to move my access panel a bit to make room for the transfer switch box. That means pulling out the staples and cutting off any excess wiring. The main power goes into the transfer switch instead of the breaker panel now.

Lee, windy but not bad...I am downeast, suppose get the brunt of it...

Lost power, setting up generator.

Must be a tree limb, somewhere?
We see photos of the storm damage here--pine tree lying across a highway and the power line(s) it took down when it fell, etc. Even though here in Albuquerque we have mostly buried power lines and therefore rarely ever lose power, when we lived up on the mountain with exposed power lines and lots of trees, power outages in heavy snowstorms were common.

When we lost power we lost the furnace that needed electricity to fire and because we had a private well with electric pump and pressure tank, we also lost our water supply. But we had a great fireplace with Strader insert that heated the whole house enough to prevent freezing and we could melt snow for water after the pressure tank was depleted. (We did keep several gallons of water in the garage in the winter time though so we could flush the toilets.) Coleman lanterns furnished plenty of light. We were too poor to buy a reliable generator back then.

And, for the record, being without power and no generator sucks. So I'm happy you do have the generator.

Florida is home....Hubby born there, his family is there, and my family has lived there 30 years straight, and several times, we lived there in my youth, beginning at 3 months old, the first time...dad was stationed in Pensacola, we went from Mobile, Al to Pensacola, then back to Mobile, then Mississippi, then Louisianna, then South Carolina, then NYC, then Puerto Rico, then NYC again, then Massachusetts, then NYC again, then NJ, then Italy and Germany, then NYC again, then NJ again, then Florida again only for 10 years, then got married and hubby and I moved to Massachusetts and now Maine, and a few months each winter in Florida.... staying with family....

My father's side of our family all live in Alabama.
My wife was born in Alabama.

She also lived in Daytona Beach FL for awhile growing up.
My nephew Ali lives down in Fort Lauderdale.
It's nice to visit there, but I wouldn't want to live there knowing you could get wiped out by a storm right before Halloween every year.
Course my skin always feels really good when I shower in that Florida water.
It smells a bit like sulfur sometimes, but it makes my skin feel 10 years younger.

Which is pretty much what the remnants of Lee is I guess. We rarely lose power so have never invested in a generator. But every now and then. . .
We never lost power in Massachusetts, our power, phone and fiber optics were all underground!

We have e everything on poles up here, with 3 miles of nothing but trees to knock them down, before hitting our Cottage.

It's beautiful, more deer and bear and moose than people,

BUT luxuries like a good internet service and electricity that stays on, or any kind of food delivery are lacking....even the closest Wal-Mart is 25 miles.

How many KW hours you being billed for with no power pal?
When I lived in San Diego they charged 9 cents per kw/hr back in the 80s.
I don't know how much it is now, but SDG&E (San Diego Gouge & Extortion) was putting in for rate increases every 6 months. Every single time they made a bad investment they passed the loss onto us consumers.

We never lost power in Massachusetts, our power, phone and fiber optics were all underground!

We have e everything on poles up here, with 3 miles of nothing but trees to knock them down, before hitting our Cottage.

It's beautiful, more deer and bear and moose than people,

BUT luxuries like a good internet service and electricity that stays on, or any kind of food delivery are lacking....even the closest Wal-Mart is 25 miles.
Well you'd better get an EV and that'll come to a screeching halt in little or no time.

Forum List

Back