Any Tea Drinkers?

Wondering if we have any tea drinkers in here. I started drinking coffee at around 26, when I started working 12 hour days on second shift. For the past 30 years I've been a 4-6 cup a day coffee drinker, but now am drinking 2-4 cups of coffee and 2 cups of green tea with honey or lemon. Any particular brand of tea you like?
Starbuck's Pike's Place Roast, preferably in the 16 oz mug, hot and black with extra sugar.
iu

Wondering if we have any tea drinkers in here. I started drinking coffee at around 26, when I started working 12 hour days on second shift. For the past 30 years I've been a 4-6 cup a day coffee drinker, but now am drinking 2-4 cups of coffee and 2 cups of green tea with honey or lemon. Any particular brand of tea you like?
Honestly, whatever is on sale. We have Tetley and Liptons here which are popular.

Last edited:
My favorite tea is lapsang souchong. I love its strong smoky taste.

***snip***

Likewise, Lapsang Souchong is a love-it-or-hate-it sort of tea. It tastes like smoke (and is scented and flavored with smoke). The tarry taste of this "manly" and dark tea may be an option for you if you think tea is too weak-tasting compared to coffee

I started drinking tea about 5 months ago to see if it could solve my concentration problem. All the happened was I'd concentrate better, then the come down was much, much worse and would hit me for days or weeks where I couldn't function.
So instead of one tea bag for two cups, I put one tea bag in a 1.5 liter bottle of water, and I'd drink like 6 or 7 gulps and that seemed to work for me, however I'd only drink it when I felt I needed it, which was very seldom, so last week I threw out my stinking bottle that was 3/4ths full of cold tea that had been in the fridge for three months.

Twinings are good; I'm quite fond of the old Bushell's tea but I do have a variation: brewed over a campfire (or more likely now a portable gas stove) in a "billy" can, with a few dried gum leaves added. Yes; I'n not sweet enough so sugar.

I went to Harrods in London once and was told the "best teas" were on the "top shelf"........I was close to the ground wrt my taste-buds evidently. I'm quite fond of Darjeeling tea but my wife isn't a fan.

But Twinings English Breakfast or Liptons are quite good imo. I'm no fanatic though. Orange Pekoe I liked for the name wrt curiosity but frankly it was just a nice tea.

Greg

Forum List

Back