Any Tea Drinkers?

Oolong tea, this stuff is great, and the more I read about it, the better it tastes.

Oolong tea is a traditional Chinese tea. It’s made from the same plant used in black and green teas, but the leaves are processed differently.

This tea-making process is called oxidation. Exposing the tea leaves to air causes them to ferment, and the length of time a tea maker allows the leaves to oxidize impacts the tea’s color, flavor, and to an extent, its nutritional content.
Green tea is unoxidized, which helps it retain some plant-based antioxidants like catechins, which would be lost or converted during oxidation. Black tea is fully oxidized, giving it a deeper, richer flavor. This fermentation process also forms nutrients called theaflavins, powerful antioxidants unique to oxidized teas.

Oolong teas fall somewhere in between green and black tea. Products sold range from low to high levels of oxidation, and the color of the tea gets darker based on how long the leaves were left to ferment. Greener oolong teas tend to have a rich, earthy taste, while darker varieties offer a more roasted flavor.

Health Benefits​

As a semi-oxidized tea, oolong tea contains a range of antioxidants, including many found in both green and black teas. Antioxidants are nutrients that protect our cells from damage caused by aging, our lifestyle, and the environment. Over time, this damage contributes to many chronic diseases.

All teas contain high levels of antioxidants that offer a range of health benefits. However, research shows that the nutrients in oolong tea have stronger antioxidant and antimutagenic effects than green or black varieties.

As as add on here, just a personal experience I've. noticed after 2 weeks of daily tea drinking. I'm using hot tea as a meal substitute, and drink it off and on roughly 4 hours a day, usually during late lunch into dinner time.

I didn't pay enough attention to the tea description, two boxes say "supports digestion" and one was a "Berry detox",. and I finally put it all together: The reason I have been running to the bathroom every morning is the tea!

So when the box says "supports healthy digestion", it very likely will.

As as add on here, just a personal experience I've. noticed after 2 weeks of daily tea drinking. I'm using hot tea as a meal substitute, and drink it off and on roughly 4 hours a day, usually during late lunch into dinner time.

I didn't pay enough attention to the tea description, two boxes say "supports digestion" and one was a "Berry detox",. and I finally put it all together: The reason I have been running to the bathroom every morning is the tea!

So when the box says "supports healthy digestion", it very likely will.
And tea is a diuretic ----

I only drink tea, never coffee. Always have. With milk, these days, and Equal.

I get fancy types from Upton Tea in Massachusetts. I never drink not-real tea, those weird things from South Africa and who-knows-where. It's got to be real tea for me, with serious caffeine.

I only drink tea, never coffee. Always have. With milk, these days, and Equal.

I get fancy types from Upton Tea in Massachusetts. I never drink not-real tea, those weird things from South Africa and who-knows-where. It's got to be real tea for me, with serious caffeine.
Tea is like discovering wine, there is a learning process. It's not the same with coffee, unless you're a coffee snob. I never order anything from Starbucks that is not a black color. Half the shit they sell looks like Dairy Queen.

Forum List

Back