Life in New York

I love New York City.

Once upon a time, I considered moving to Manhattan. There's just a vibe there that you can't get anywhere else.

But a friend of mine lives on Central Park West and she's livid. Her apartment, which she and her late husband purchased for $2.1 million 12 years ago, is worth about $1.7 million now. I've got another friend who has a rental down in Chelsea. Once upon a time she could get six grand a month for it. It now sits empty. She can't even get $3K a month right now. Nobody is moving into the city, and those who are leaving, Republican and democrat alike, are laying the blame squarely on De Blasio's shoulders.

He has destroyed a once great city...

It was planned and intentional too!

The left has caused economic carnage and death and hunger lines due to their illegal decrees unseen since the great depression. This is intentional to plunge the US into a flashpoint of hyperinflation and then sudden destruction in order to usher in the great reset, one world govt, global currency etc..

We've all heard about the terrific taxes in New York and the BLM painted streets, in part, thanks to De Blasio who helped paint the street. Appears Goldmen Sachs may have had enough and is considering a move to Florida. Goldmen Sachs is one of the top 50 largest companies in NYC. Cuomo may soon be cooking meals out of a food truck to increase NY revenue.

Goldman Sachs is reportedly planning to shift one of its divisions to Florida, joining some Wall Street firms' moves out of New York

Democrat crime, corruption, taxes, bad schools and dystopian culture drive away the vital middle class taxpayers and their employers

We've all heard about the terrific taxes in New York and the BLM painted streets, in part, thanks to De Blasio who helped paint the street. Appears Goldmen Sachs may have had enough and is considering a move to Florida. Goldmen Sachs is one of the top 50 largest companies in NYC. Cuomo may soon be cooking meals out of a food truck to increase NY revenue.

Goldman Sachs is reportedly planning to shift one of its divisions to Florida, joining some Wall Street firms' moves out of New York

Democrat crime, corruption, taxes, bad schools and dystopian culture drive away the vital middle class taxpayers and their employers

That's what Dimm Neo-Marxist's want. The erosion of the middle class to the point that they become Gov't dependent!
And it is happening now under the guise of Covid.

I wonder what it is like to be in the downtown New York area when a large thunderstorm passes over, especially at night.?

Does the clap of the thunder echo off these super tall buildings?

I ask this because where I live no such buildings exist and storms around here a short lived.

Just curious :)-

i'll ask again, do thunderstorms pass over the center of New York city and if so does the thunder clap echo off of the buildings.
just asking once again
:)-

NYC is a shlthole city.

It's the Center of the Universe.
It likes to think that. While NYC is one of the most diverse cities in the world, its stature has fallen considerably in the last 20 years. Wall Street overall probably won't leave NYC anytime soon, but it looks like it's headed for the same fate as London. London has become a ridiculously expensive city that the ultrawealthy own the core of. Working class people are being forced out due to rising costs.

NYC will probably be a similar playground for the wealthy, with working class people leaving for areas much further out or for much more affordable states.

There are plenty of other options that are better for being the "center" at this point. Toronto is even a possibility.

Forum List

Back