Life in New York

Thinker101

Diamond Member
Mar 25, 2017
Last edited:
We've all heard about the terrific taxes in New York and the BLM painted streets, in part, thanks to De Blasio who helped paint the street. Appears Goldmen Sachs may have had enough and is considering a move to Florida. Goldmen Sachs is one of the top 50 largest companies in NYC. Cuomo may soon be cooking meals out of a food truck to increase NY revenue.

Goldman Sachs is reportedly planning to shift one of its divisions to Florida, joining some Wall Street firms' moves out of New York

NYC is a shlthole city.

We've all heard about the terrific taxes in New York and the BLM painted streets, in part, thanks to De Blasio who helped paint the street. Appears Goldmen Sachs may have had enough and is considering a move to Florida. Goldmen Sachs is one of the top 50 largest companies in NYC. Cuomo may soon be cooking meals out of a food truck to increase NY revenue.

Goldman Sachs is reportedly planning to shift one of its divisions to Florida, joining some Wall Street firms' moves out of New York

NYC is a shlthole city.

And about to get worse....go figure.

Midtown and Downtown are in serious trouble. if people don't go to offices anymore, the whole setup down there is fucked.

Plus reductions in mass transit use, reductions in toll paying, reductions in parking in the city (parking in NYC is heavily taxed).

This will be a disaster for both businesses and government.

Midtown and Downtown are in serious trouble. if people don't go to offices anymore, the whole setup down there is fucked.

Plus reductions in mass transit use, reductions in toll paying, reductions in parking in the city (parking in NYC is heavily taxed).

The solution will be to raise taxes.

Lol, can't squeeze water out of a rock.

Poor New York City!

First, very, very, very bad people made it a nightmare of violent crime in the 1970s.

Now, it is being "governed" by Bill de Blasio and his ilk.

No wonder people & companies are fleeing.

Yep, what could possibly go wrong.

New York and Cali are banking on a massive injection of cash, due to covid-19 of course. Guys like Fauci are not so subtle in the support of this when he criticizes Britain for wanting to protect their citizens. Why would he do that? If the U.K does it, how will it look if USA doesn't, but instead do what Canada does and borrow more, watch more small businesses fold and people suffer when the vaccine is available?

Canada will borrow more by delaying the vaccine. They want to continue to use future generations debt to bank poor performing companies and to fund the kakistocracy.

I love New York City.

Once upon a time, I considered moving to Manhattan. There's just a vibe there that you can't get anywhere else.

But a friend of mine lives on Central Park West and she's livid. Her apartment, which she and her late husband purchased for $2.1 million 12 years ago, is worth about $1.7 million now. I've got another friend who has a rental down in Chelsea. Once upon a time she could get six grand a month for it. It now sits empty. She can't even get $3K a month right now. Nobody is moving into the city, and those who are leaving, Republican and democrat alike, are laying the blame squarely on De Blasio's shoulders.

He has destroyed a once great city...

I love New York City.

Once upon a time, I considered moving to Manhattan. There's just a vibe there that you can't get anywhere else.

But a friend of mine lives on Central Park West and she's livid. Her apartment, which she and her late husband purchased for $2.1 million 12 years ago, is worth about $1.7 million now. I've got another friend who has a rental down in Chelsea. Once upon a time she could get six grand a month for it. It now sits empty. She can't even get $3K a month right now. Nobody is moving into the city, and those who are leaving, Republican and democrat alike, are laying the blame squarely on De Blasio's shoulders.

Yep, San Francisco was a gem at one time too. Give it 10-20 years and it may be again.

Can't say I blame them. Hell business is leaving high tax Cali. Only a matter of time before NY suffered the same fate. Florida will be a much better place for Goldman Sachs.

I love New York City.

The outer boros except for the slice along the east river aren't doing as bad, but there is definitely a vibe that it's a renter's/buyers market as opposed to a sellers/landlord's market.

Yep. That's all leftist know.

I love New York City.

Deblasio is a a wacko leftists for sure but he's just accelerating the inevitable. NY has been run buy raise taxes and increase the size of local government, free stuff for everyone leftists for a long time. The bill always comes due.

The plan is to turn the entire City into a Homeless Shelter where only the politicians can make a living

Forum List

Back