Lieberman May Hold The Power

red states rule

May 30, 2006
Joe Lieberman is now a big man on Capital Hill. After winning his election he may hold the power of the Senate in his hands. He may also hold the future of Pres Bush in his hands as well

Is it possible Joe could switch to the Republican party?

Or could he be the next Sec of Defense?

No, he is a Dem through and through. The moderate Dems won pretty big in this election. The fringe Dems like Lemont lost.

I highly doubt the Dems in power will call for an all out immediate withdraw of Iraq. The main point of concern is what they will do about NSA wiretapping and terrorist detainees.

No, he is a Dem through and through. The moderate Dems won pretty big in this election. The fringe Dems like Lemont lost.

I highly doubt the Dems in power will call for an all out immediate withdraw of Iraq. The main point of concern is what they will do about NSA wiretapping and terrorist detainees.

Liberman supports most of the things Pres Bush is doing to fight terrorism. While I admit it is a longshot for him to join the Republicans, he would be a good candidate to replace Rumy

Dems CLAIM to want to work with Republicans, Joe as Sec of Defense would force them to show their hand

I can't see a Dem leaving the Senate when they only lead the majority by 1 or 2 seats. It would probably leave the seat open for that loon Lemont anyway.

I can't see a Dem leaving the Senate when they only lead the majority by 1 or 2 seats. It would probably leave the seat open for that loon Lemont anyway.

True. But with such a small majority, the Dems will either give America gridlock which will hurt them in 08, or they the Gov of CT will have to appoint another conservative Dem to replace Joe

BTW, did you check out the 24 teaser on Fox.com? It is very good for what Jack will be doing during Day 6.

True. But with such a small majority, the Dems will either give America gridlock which will hurt them in 08, or they the Gov of CT will have to appoint another conservative Dem to replace Joe

BTW, did you check out the 24 teaser on Fox.com? It is very good for what Jack will be doing during Day 6.

I agree, the Dems in control for 2 years will hopefully put the Republicans into shell shock and move them into action for 2008. Once the nation sees them attempt to give foreign terrorists US constitutional rights and block every other measure like NSA wiretapping the people will start to realize what they got.

Yea I saw it, but I'm wondering how he is gonna get from China to America in 1 hour :p:

I agree, the Dems in control for 2 years will hopefully put the Republicans into shell shock and move them into action for 2008. Once the nation sees them attempt to give foreign terrorists US constitutional rights and block every other measure like NSA wiretapping the people will start to realize what they got.

Did you see how many Congressional Democrats ran unopposed? And how many of the Congressional Republican incumbents were resting on their laurels a month ago thinking they had a sure thing going?

Hopefully this DOES wake up the GOP.

Yea I saw it, but I'm wondering how he is gonna get from China to America in 1 hour :p:

You reap what you sow. The voters may regret handing the car keys over to the Dems. I wonder how al Qaeda is pleased with the results this morning

The 2 night four hour premier will be great as Jack comes back

And by the way, you think Bush will drop Rummy now?

Bush wont drop Rumsfeld. He is too loyal. Besides they are going to impeach the President and Vice President... scary that might lead to President Pelosi.

Bush wont drop Rumsfeld. He is too loyal. Besides they are going to impeach the President and Vice President... scary that might lead to President Pelosi.

A simple majority of hte House can pass the articles of impeachment.
A 2/3 majority is required of the senate to convict and remove POTUS/VPOTUS.

President Pelosi will not happen.

Forum List

Back