Liberal County in NoVa Giving Basic Income to Low-Income Because….Other People Have More Money than they Do

Let's see how it works out.

Gonna keep an open mind about it OP?
Why should I keep an open mind? I am opposed to people being given money for no other reason than “other people have more and we need to make things more equal”. We are already handing out so much free stuff - subsidized or free rent, free meals, food stamps, Medicaid, government support checks, etc. etc. - that people have no incentivize to learn a trade or profession that will enable them to support themselves.

1642023596658.png

Let's see... With ten kids I make $3,000.00 a month, schooling for the kids is free, probably need to add free child care, and my health care if free...

Why the hell would I want to work?

I'll just go home and have sex and get a pay raise if I'm lucky.

*****CHUCKLE*****

:)

Good grief. Low-income people didn’t have to to pay rent for a year, are now getting a $300 per child per month government support check, Medicaid for the whole family, free school lunches, and now…..a “basic additional handout.”

WA governor Jay Inslee, in his state of the state speech this week focused on covid and homeless. Time to move to another state where they use taxpayer dollars correctly. To represent the people who pay them. I think we fought a war for independence on these very grounds a couple hundred years ago. I pay the taxes--I expect to be represented or I'll take my money elsewhere.

Good grief. Low-income people didn’t have to to pay rent for a year, are now getting a $300 per child per month government support check, Medicaid for the whole family, free school lunches, and now…..a “basic additional handout.”

UBI or Universal Basic Income is something that a lot of people have pondered over for a long time. Some, like Andrew Yang, have speculated that it could save the country money in the long term as a replacement to food stamps, public housing, Medicaid, etc.

I'm open to seeing whether or not it can work. Nothing wrong with experimentation.

UBI or Universal Basic Income is something that a lot of people have pondered over for a long time. Some, like Andrew Yang, have speculated that it could save the country money in the long term as a replacement to food stamps, public housing, Medicaid, etc.

I'm open to seeing whether or not it can work. Nothing wrong with experimentation.
Ha ha ha. You said "replacement."

Gullible fool.

Why should I keep an open mind? I am opposed to people being given money for no other reason than “other people have more and we need to make things more equal”. We are already handing out so much free stuff - subsidized or free rent, free meals, food stamps, Medicaid, government support checks, etc. etc. - that people have no incentivize to learn a trade or profession that will enable them to support themselves.
You should not let ideology rule over your life Lisa, it makes you miserable.

Let facts and truth be your guide. You'll be better off for it.

Except they’re not removing the equivalent in the other welfare-type benefits they get. This is just more free money.

You should not let ideology rule over your life Lisa, it makes you miserable.

Let facts and truth be your guide. You'll be better off for it.
Looks who’s talking.

I think people should earn money for themselves by providing a useful service or product, not just get free handouts, ad infinitum, because other people have more and thus leftists think those who did nothing to prepare themselves to earn a living should be “equalized” with responsible, foresee-looking people who did.

Speaking as a lazy Democrat low on cause N effect and high on weed, this is an awesome idea.

Looks who’s talking.

I think people should earn money for themselves by providing a useful service or product, not just get free handouts, ad infinitum, because other people have more and thus leftists think those who did nothing to prepare themselves to earn a living should be “equalized” with responsible, foresee-looking people who did.
White democrats are white supremacists who think minorities are inherently inferior and in constant need of assistance.

Except they’re not removing the equivalent in the other welfare-type benefits they get. This is just more free money.

Fairfax County is not the federal government, so of course they aren't removing the other benefits. How can they?

The welfare state isn't going away. Once it's here, it's here. May as well find a way to make it less costly if possible. If UBI does that then good. If it doesn't, then it doesn't.

Yang was/is the only one of the presidential candidates who has a reasonable grasp of where the macro nature of the economy is headed.

He's also the only one of the presidential candidates who knows that we have to change our electoral system before it kills us.

#ForwardParty

Forum List

Back