Liberal Anti-Trumper Joy Reid: Rural Americans Are A 'Core Threat' To Democracy

You righties are so off the wall it's not fun anymore, isn't there one of you with a brain or half a brain left?
As it turns out, enough of them had enough "brain left" to vote for him, and he somehow won.

Leaving those of us who didn't vote for him left to watch him fill the lower courts with conservative judges, and damn sure hoping that Ginsburg and Kennedy can stay vertical a little while longer.

Maybe the Left can force itself to learn something from their devastating loss in 2016, stop animating these people by insulting them, and start providing the American electorate with a positive vision of the future. For a change.

Fer fuck's sake.

Many rural people in "fly over country" feel completely left behind by the Democrat party. And they are right. Think of what they witnessed in the last term of Obama. D's not addressing any issues that are meaningful to Joe and Mary Six Pack but working instead on trans gender issues 24/7 for example. Screaming headlines coming at them that their party is praising Target for unisex bathrooms. And calling anyone and everyone crazy for being uncomfortable about the thought of a man in a bathroom with their daughter even though the man is now called "Roberta" instead of Bob.

These social justice issues just don't resonate with the common man. And on top of that you had the media non stop insulting anyone and everyone that wasn't in a metro coastal area as being ignorant rubes.

It's been insane to witness.
What's worse is that they have not learned, they have not changed, they will not change.

And these same people are ready to jump right back into power if things go their way (the topic of the thread linked in the third line of my sig).

You righties are so off the wall it's not fun anymore, isn't there one of you with a brain or half a brain left?
As it turns out, enough of them had enough "brain left" to vote for him, and he somehow won.

Leaving those of us who didn't vote for him left to watch him fill the lower courts with conservative judges, and damn sure hoping that Ginsburg and Kennedy can stay vertical a little while longer.

Maybe the Left can force itself to learn something from their devastating loss in 2016, stop animating these people by insulting them, and start providing the American electorate with a positive vision of the future. For a change.

Fer fuck's sake.

Many rural people in "fly over country" feel completely left behind by the Democrat party. And they are right. Think of what they witnessed in the last term of Obama. D's not addressing any issues that are meaningful to Joe and Mary Six Pack but working instead on trans gender issues 24/7 for example. Screaming headlines coming at them that their party is praising Target for unisex bathrooms. And calling anyone and everyone crazy for being uncomfortable about the thought of a man in a bathroom with their daughter even though the man is now called "Roberta" instead of Bob.

These social justice issues just don't resonate with the common man. And on top of that you had the media non stop insulting anyone and everyone that wasn't in a metro coastal area as being ignorant rubes.

What's worse is that they have not learned, they have not changed, they will not change.

And these same people are ready to jump right back into power if things go their way (the topic of the thread linked in the third line of my sig).

I'm a firm believer that if one is to have excellent governance a country must not only have a strong majority in power but more importantly a powerful opposition to that strong majority. The Democrats have truly lost their way. It's not going to change unless the members of the party begin to realize it's not enough to be anti Trump. And it's positively disastrous to continue the over the top rhetoric of "Republicans are pushing granny off the cliff".

For the party to continue to allow the ancient ones rule and make no mistake about it that is what has happened to the party spells destruction in capitol letters for the Democrats.

No new blood. No new playbook. No new policies. Aye carumba! Same for the ancient ones on the R side of the aisle.

The only way to wrest power from these wizened Senators who appear to truly believe they are not representatives of the American people but believe they are ruling Washington as if they had the power of the Roman Senate is to for once and for all pass term limits.

I'm not optimistic though.

Fer fuck's sake.

I'm a firm believer that if one is to have excellent governance a country must not only have a strong majority in power but more importantly a powerful opposition to that strong majority. The Democrats have truly lost their way. It's not going to change unless the members of the party begin to realize it's not enough to be anti Trump. And it's positively disastrous to continue the over the top rhetoric of "Republicans are pushing granny off the cliff".

For the party to continue to allow the ancient ones rule and make no mistake about it that is what has happened to the party spells destruction in capitol letters for the Democrats.

No new blood. No new playbook. No new policies. Aye carumba! Same for the ancient ones on the R side of the aisle.

The only way to wrest power from these wizened Senators who appear to truly believe they are not representatives of the American people but believe they are ruling Washington as if they had the power of the Roman Senate is to for once and for all pass term limits.

I'm not optimistic though.
Right now the party is a mess, and it still doesn't seem to understand why.

So, the plan right now is to bring Trump down and then win in 2018/2020 on a referendum.

That's a helluva lot easier than honestly looking in the mirror, and it has a decent chance of working.

We'll see.

Fer fuck's sake.

Greg

Fer fuck's sake.

Greg

I wish I could hog-tie the Democrats and make them watch that, especially the last half, starting at 2:38.

But who am I kidding - they'd deny it all and call HIM stupid, TOO.

Who cares where Americans live, city? suburban? rural? All must keep up. No one can be trash and then hide behind where they live. Living where one lives is no excuse. Some of these people actually are for a theocratic form of government, which is un-American. If someone is for the filth that is trump, that's who they are no matter where they live.

Fer fuck's sake.

Greg

I wish I could hog-tie the Democrats and make them watch that, especially the last half, starting at 2:38.

But who am I kidding - they'd deny it all and call HIM stupid, TOO.

An excellent piece.

Greg

More proof of the deranged left wanting to subvert the founders brilliant electoral process of electing a president.

Anti-Trump MSNBC host Joy Reid thinks rural Americans are 'core threat' to democracy

I'm pretty sure those weren't her words.

70% of the country is anti-trump, though. so you might want to get over it, kkk boi
Oh really?

3141-counties-trump-won.jpg
How about putting up a head count instead of a map? Some of the states marked as red have only the population of one borough of New York. Human population, not cows.

Pretty soon angry incoherent crazy democrats are going to come out of the political closet and admit that the Constitution is a "threat to democracy" as they see it.

The problem with the many great videos is that they all claim there needs to be more engagement and discussion. The problem with that is that liberals cannot win an argument, it happens all the time here. The facts,won’t support,their statements so they regress to insults. Once again libs who are touting more discussion and engagement still are tainted by an underlying belief that they are smarter, righter, and more,worthy than the people they are talking with. Just like obama claimed, we had the right ideas we just didn’t communicate them properly. As long as this condescending elitism continues the Dems and the libs will not fix their problems.

An excellent piece.

WOW, holy crap, that IS excellent.

Four calm, honest, REAL liberal Brits who get it more than many in America.

Incredible. Nice to see. At least SOMEONE on the Left gets it.

I have some good friends like these guys who are lefty; we rarely have a cross word except to put cases. The Board has a far more toxic split, though it's not all one sided. I admit I can be just as much of a prat as anyone, but at core I try and present arguments. The separation of legal and moral seems to be blurred here.

Greg

An excellent piece.

Intelligent discourse is hard to find sometimes. Why do I think Trump won? His POLICY MIX mattered to more in the smaller states. As usual it was the economy of course.

Greg

Like the taliban is in Afighanstan or the muslim brotherhood is in parts of the middle east she is 100% right. rural people hate freedom and believe in a very rigid life style or else.

Sigh; more votes for Trump after that spit!! lol

Greg

An excellent piece.

I have some good friends like these guys who are lefty; we rarely have a cross word except to put cases. The Board has a far more toxic split, though it's not all one sided. I admit I can be just as much of a prat as anyone, but at core I try and present arguments. The separation of legal and moral seems to be blurred here.

Greg

The problem is, this board is becoming more and more a reflection of what I'm seeing in "real life".

These folks do get it, though. It was a relief to see this, frankly.

Forum List

Back