Leviticus 18-20, yes or no?

Doesn't the bible also say you can't eat a cheeseburger or mix anything with dairy Exodus 23:19, eating fat Lev 3:17, eating pork Lev 11:7-8, consulting a psychic Lev 19:31, performing any work on the sabbath Exodus 20:10, says that a rebeillious son can be killed Deuteronomy 21:18-21, planting more than one kind of seed in a field Lev 19:19, wearing clothes made of two different fabrics Lev 19:19, crossdressing deuteronomy 22:5, tattoos Lev 19:28.

Also the bible mentions slavery.

The bible also says that slave owners can beat slaves,but if the slave dies then they are to be punished.

Exodus 21:20–21​

20 “When a man strikes his slave, male or female, with a rod and the slave dies under his hand, he shall be avenged. 21 But if the slave survives a day or two, he is not to be avenged, for the slave is his money.
No, the Bible doesn't tell me I can't eat a cheeseburger or any of that other stuff.

Doesn't the bible also say you can't eat a cheeseburger or mix anything with dairy Exodus 23:19, eating fat Lev 3:17, eating pork Lev 11:7-8, consulting a psychic Lev 19:31, performing any work on the sabbath Exodus 20:10, says that a rebeillious son can be killed Deuteronomy 21:18-21, planting more than one kind of seed in a field Lev 19:19, wearing clothes made of two different fabrics Lev 19:19, crossdressing deuteronomy 22:5, tattoos Lev 19:28.

The bible also says that slave owners can beat slaves,but if the slave dies then they are to be punished.

20 “When a man strikes his slave, male or female, with a rod and the slave dies under his hand, he shall be avenged. 21 But if the slave survives a day or two, he is not to be avenged, for the slave is his money.
And Jesus fulfilled that Law. He didn't abolish it.

There are Unicorns in the bible.

I heard it's actually a mistranslation.

I think the bible should be retranslated.

I heard some languages when you try to translate them into English turn into gibberish.

I cannot believe that in 2021 gay people and their allies are still WHINING about Christians not baking them a cake.
Gay Americans are appropriately defending themselves against discrimination in public accommodations by the bigoted, hateful Christian right; that gay Americans are still being subject to such discrimination in 2021 is reprehensible.

If gay Americans purposely go into a shop owned by a Christian, when other shops are available, they are being whining babies. Full stop.
And how is anyone to know if the owners of a store are Christian or not?

Gays have been hounding the owner of that bakery in Colorado for years now. Out of spite. Jerk moves out of jerk people.
You said people should not go to stores with Christian owners how is anyone supposed to know if the owners of a store are Christian until after they illustrate their bigotry?

And I have no doubt that Christians would sue any store owner who refused them service because they were Christian

Just another example of religious hypocrisy

I don't think that, in America, you should be forced to create something just because you hang a sign "Open for Business" outside your window. I believe I have been clear in the past that I feel this goes all ways. I don't believe we have to be eggheads about this. There is a clear difference between a business owner who won't serve Black people, say, and a Christian business owner who won't bake cakes for gay weddings, but will bake cakes for gay PEOPLE for birthdays, retirements, etc. Or, GAY BAKERS who will serve Christian PEOPLE but won't bake a cake with verses from Leviticus on it.

I do not believe simply opening a business means you are in indentured servitude to create whatever for whomever, because they say so. That's freedom. It goes absolutely both ways. So to the gay people marching in, one after another to the Christian baker to just "make him do it", I say, take your last stand somewhere else; you're just being jerks. I would say the same to fellow Christians trying to force gay bakers to write Bible verses on a cake.
Such bull

If a shop owner hung a sign that said "NO CHRISTIANS ALLOWED" all you Christians would be dragging his ass to court

I don't like dealing with false equivalencies and you're smart enough to spot this one. So stop. Don't waste my time.
It's a perfectly valid example.

Tell me why would a "Christian " baker want to bake a cake for a murderer or an adulterer but not for a couple people who never hurt anyone?

I'm going to say this one more time, just one more.

If a Christian has a sign or makes known "I don't serve GAYS" that's wrong. Did I not make this clear in my last post about Blacks? Okay now I will. Just like if a gay baker has a sign that say "I don't serve CHRISTIANS".

If a murderer comes in and says I need cupcakes for a birthday party, what's the harm? How is any baker going to know? They wouldn't. If a murderer comes in and says "I want a cake that says 'I am going to kill my wife'" I hope NO ONE would make him that cake. See?

It's not the person, it's the message or the event. For everyone. And again that goes all ways.
So it's wrong to and a sign but not wrong to deny service because a person is gay?

Yeah that makes a lot of sense.

And it is the person. Because if a gay couple wanted a wedding cake to eat at home by themselves that bigot Christian still wouldn't bake it for them

Do not insult me or yourself with "wedding cake to eat at home by themselves"

Lots of people have weddings at home.

My wife and I did I don't have any family and my wife only has one sister.

I don't eat cake so we didn't have one.

But even that excuse that it's not the gay people it's the wedding is an insult to every reasonable person's intelligence

Then it's still a wedding cake. Point stands

I cannot believe that in 2021 gay people and their allies are still WHINING about Christians not baking them a cake.
Gay Americans are appropriately defending themselves against discrimination in public accommodations by the bigoted, hateful Christian right; that gay Americans are still being subject to such discrimination in 2021 is reprehensible.

If gay Americans purposely go into a shop owned by a Christian, when other shops are available, they are being whining babies. Full stop.

Gays have been hounding the owner of that bakery in Colorado for years now. Out of spite. Jerk moves out of jerk people.
You said people should not go to stores with Christian owners how is anyone supposed to know if the owners of a store are Christian until after they illustrate their bigotry?

And I have no doubt that Christians would sue any store owner who refused them service because they were Christian

I don't think that, in America, you should be forced to create something just because you hang a sign "Open for Business" outside your window. I believe I have been clear in the past that I feel this goes all ways. I don't believe we have to be eggheads about this. There is a clear difference between a business owner who won't serve Black people, say, and a Christian business owner who won't bake cakes for gay weddings, but will bake cakes for gay PEOPLE for birthdays, retirements, etc. Or, GAY BAKERS who will serve Christian PEOPLE but won't bake a cake with verses from Leviticus on it.

I do not believe simply opening a business means you are in indentured servitude to create whatever for whomever, because they say so. That's freedom. It goes absolutely both ways. So to the gay people marching in, one after another to the Christian baker to just "make him do it", I say, take your last stand somewhere else; you're just being jerks. I would say the same to fellow Christians trying to force gay bakers to write Bible verses on a cake.
Such bull

If a shop owner hung a sign that said "NO CHRISTIANS ALLOWED" all you Christians would be dragging his ass to court

I don't like dealing with false equivalencies and you're smart enough to spot this one. So stop. Don't waste my time.

Tell me why would a "Christian " baker want to bake a cake for a murderer or an adulterer but not for a couple people who never hurt anyone?

If a Christian has a sign or makes known "I don't serve GAYS" that's wrong. Did I not make this clear in my last post about Blacks? Okay now I will. Just like if a gay baker has a sign that say "I don't serve CHRISTIANS".

If a murderer comes in and says I need cupcakes for a birthday party, what's the harm? How is any baker going to know? They wouldn't. If a murderer comes in and says "I want a cake that says 'I am going to kill my wife'" I hope NO ONE would make him that cake. See?

It's not the person, it's the message or the event. For everyone. And again that goes all ways.
So it's wrong to and a sign but not wrong to deny service because a person is gay?

And it is the person. Because if a gay couple wanted a wedding cake to eat at home by themselves that bigot Christian still wouldn't bake it for them

But even that excuse that it's not the gay people it's the wedding is an insult to every reasonable person's intelligence

And so what?

What if it was a civil service which Christian Churches don't recognize anyway?

Why would some Christian baker bake a cake for two hetero people who would not be married by the church and therefore be living in sin according to their church?

But we know that sin is OK with the baker right?

Such bull

And so what?

Why would some Christian baker bake a cake for two hetero people who would not be married by the church and therefore be living in sin according to their church?

Why are you into forcing free Americans into violating their conscience just because they have an "open for business" sign on their door? I am not. Remember: I am not for ANY one. I am not for gay people who are asked by Christians to bake a cake that has Bible verses on it. Or for Blacks who are asked to bake a cake for a Klu Klux Klan event.

Opening a business in America does not rope you into indentured servitude. Period.

ETA: to be more specific to your question: it's not that a gay marriage is a worse than other sins; it's that the very event makes the sin OBVIOUS. I would hope the same baker would refuse to make a cake that says "I'm going to kill my wife" or even a Divorce Party Cake.

This is not so difficult.

II agree. It would help if people would not focus the few who will not bake a cake, etc. so that they can use a broad brush to brand and torment all Christians. Don't we have the classic case of the tormented turning into the tormentors, those bullied turning into the bully, the abused turning into the abuser?

I am a teacher, and I am blessed that most students like me. A few are indifferent, and every so often I come across one who cannot seem to tolerate me. No one would advise me to focus on the one and then brand all students by that behavior. No one, no group, is universally liked. "Pick your battles" is still sage advice for everyone. If no baker would bake the cake, that is a problem. In the case of the baker who went on Facebook to boast, that too is a problem, and the problem I see here is, Who turned a local lawsuit into a national outrage? Both sides need to keep in mind we have a corporate news media who loves to stir the pot.

And yes, I turn almost everything into criticism of the media. ;)

Such bull

And so what?

Why are you into forcing free Americans into violating their conscience just because they have an "open for business" sign on their door? I am not. Remember: I am not for ANY one. I am not for gay people who are asked by Christians to bake a cake that has Bible verses on it. Or for Blacks who are asked to bake a cake for a Klu Klux Klan event.

Opening a business in America does not rope you into indentured servitude. Period.

ETA: to be more specific to your question: it's not that a gay marriage is a worse than other sins; it's that the very event makes the sin OBVIOUS. I would hope the same baker would refuse to make a cake that says "I'm going to kill my wife" or even a Divorce Party Cake.

That's such crap.

It's only the gay sin that these so called Christians care about. They don't give a shit about any other sin ans will happily make a cake for adulterers, rapists, murderers and thieves.

It's pure hypocrisy

Such bull

And so what?

That's such crap.

It's only the gay sin that these so called Christians care about. They don't give a shit about any other sin ans will happily make a cake for adulterers, rapists, murderers and thieves.

It's pure hypocrisy

What does a gay marriage celebrate? Isn't that obvious?

You think a Christian would make a cake that says "I'm going to kill my wife"? Or "Happy Divorce Party"?

Maybe you can just admit YOUR bias against Christians and be done with it

Such bull

And so what?

That's such crap.

It's pure hypocrisy

You think a Christian would make a cake that says "I'm going to kill my wife"? Or "Happy Divorce Party"?

Yeah they will make those cakes because it's not the gay sin.

And it's the Christians that are biased and bigoted not me. You're projecting

Such bull

And so what?

That's such crap.

It's pure hypocrisy

And I bet your devout sinless baker is happy to make wedding cakes for people who don't get married by a priest in a church even though that's "celebrating sin"

I heard some languages when you try to translate them into English turn into gibberish.

That's a total misrepresentation of the truth...

Look at John 1:12.... you can Google it and see what the problem is quite easily.

Most every translation done in the English language is going to be wrong. It cannot be made accurately because we don't have a nominative, perfect, aortist tense in the English language. (Meaning past, present, and future tense all three at the same time)

So when the original translators (Wycliffe, Erasmus, or whoever) came across such a situation they had to pick a tense and figured that a priest versed in Latin would explain the situation. It's the same reason why today people think Jesus was a carpenter.... because a construction worker in Israel during the Roman occupation worked with rock but during the 1400's in England a stone mason was a well respected craftsman but a carpenter was of "no skill". And since English didn't have a word meaning "general construction laborer" they used the word "carpenter" which meant the same thing.

Hebrew, Aramaic, Greek, and Early Latin are all metaphoric and highly idiomatic languages....just because you can translate them doesn't mean that you are going to understand what was written. Even today some 5,500 years after the first part was written culture has completely changed. Some things are extremely clear (such as the subject matter of the OP) others are not as much but the intent definitely is.

So...no matter how much scripture gets twisted and tortured or even "mistranslated" the intention of a passage is still very clear.

Look at John 1:12.... you can Google it and see what the problem is quite easily.

Most every translation done in the English language is going to be wrong. It cannot be made accurately because we don't have a nominative, perfect, aortist tense in the English language. (Meaning past, present, and future tense all three at the same time)

So when the original translators (Wycliffe, Erasmus, or whoever) came across such a situation they had to pick a tense and figured that a priest versed in Latin would explain the situation. It's the same reason why today people think Jesus was a carpenter.... because a construction worker in Israel during the Roman occupation worked with rock but during the 1400's in England a stone mason was a well respected craftsman but a carpenter was of "no skill". And since English didn't have a word meaning "general construction laborer" they used the word "carpenter" which meant the same thing.

Hebrew, Aramaic, Greek, and Early Latin are all metaphoric and highly idiomatic languages....just because you can translate them doesn't mean that you are going to understand what was written. Even today some 5,500 years after the first part was written culture has completely changed. Some things are extremely clear (such as the subject matter of the OP) others are not as much but the intent definitely is.

So...no matter how much scripture gets twisted and tortured or even "mistranslated" the intention of a passage is still very clear.

I wonder if Christians still consider heavy metal satanic?

Cause i remember growing up, that i remember on tv that pastors used to say that metal was evil and would hold protests at rock concerts.

But i don't think Christians are doing that anyore.

I wonder if Christians still consider heavy metal satanic?

Cause i remember growing up, that i remember on tv that pastors used to say that metal was evil and would hold protests at rock concerts.

But i don't think Christians are doing that anyore.

You can find Christian groups that will claim anything anywhere at anytime as "satanic"..and the MSM will blow it up to outrageous proportions.
By the same token you can find "Christian" groups that will claim anything permissable at any time as well...
I even heard of a wife swapping "Christian" group...as if it isn't expressly forbidden to do that either.

None of these groups are speaking for God...
We have a Bible that explains Him.
God doesn't need me to defend him nor does He need my support. He is God...I need him...He doesn't need me. And it isn't about following a set of "do this" and "don't do that"....it is about a relationship and respect. The "rules" are rather fluid in some ways but more strict than a codified law could ever be.

Such bull

And so what?

That's such crap.

It's pure hypocrisy

And I bet your devout sinless baker is happy to make wedding cakes for people who don't get married by a priest in a church even though that's "celebrating sin"

No it's not. It's a correction of sin. What on earth are you talking about?

The Law is the devine gift of God's Word and should not be denigrated.
To invoke the Law is a fearsome and terrible thing. It has a tendency of bringing judgement on one's self.

Why are you into forcing free Americans into violating their conscience just because they have an "open for business" sign on their door?
This is a lie.

Public accommodations laws with provisions for sexual orientation do not ‘force’ anyone to ‘violate’ his conscience.

Religious beliefs have never been ‘justification’ to violate or ignore just and proper laws, such as public accommodations laws.

Christian business owners accommodating gay patrons neither ‘endorses’ nor ‘facilitates’ homosexuality, it violates no Christian dogma.

Refusal to accommodate same-sex couples is nothing but fear, ignorance, bigoty, and hate hiding behind the façade of ‘religious beliefs.’

Such bull

And so what?

That's such crap.

It's pure hypocrisy

Your pure as snow baker would bake a wedding cake for a hetero couple married by a JP even though the the church doesn't recognize those marriages therefore that couple is living in sin. So that would be a cake to "celebrate" sin.

Such bull

And so what?

That's such crap.

It's pure hypocrisy

Your pure as snow baker would bake a wedding cake for a hetero couple married by a JP even though the the church doesn't recognize those marriages therefore that couple is living in sin. So that would be a cake to "celebrate" sin.

What church doesn't recognize that marriage? What are you talking about?

It's one thing to tolerate the sin in the world...it's another thing to accept it.
And on top of this it's now unacceptable to not endorse sexual perversion?

Give me a break!
Next thing you will be forcing Muslims to endorse bacon!

Why are you into forcing free Americans into violating their conscience just because they have an "open for business" sign on their door?
This is a lie.

Public accommodations laws with provisions for sexual orientation do not ‘force’ anyone to ‘violate’ his conscience.

Religious beliefs have never been ‘justification’ to violate or ignore just and proper laws, such as public accommodations laws.

Christian business owners accommodating gay patrons neither ‘endorses’ nor ‘facilitates’ homosexuality, it violates no Christian dogma.

Refusal to accommodate same-sex couples is nothing but fear, ignorance, bigoty, and hate hiding behind the façade of ‘religious beliefs.’
That was just it....they were offered cakes out of the case just like what they asked for but without any writing on it...
But the homosexual couple were really just activists looking to create trouble and demanded writing on the cake.

Forum List

Back