#LetThemDie: ‘Heartless’ Trump Blasted For Meals On Wheels Cuts

The president’s budget request eliminates federal grants for meals.

President Donald Trump is coming under fire for proposing a budget that includes the complete elimination of federal funding for Meals on Wheels programs.

Meals on Wheels provides food to the elderly, poor, veterans, disabled and others who often can’t leave their homes.

However, under the proposed budget, the Department of Housing and Urban Development’s entire $3 billion Community Development Block Grant program would be eliminated, The New York Times reported Wednesday.

The grants fund services for low-income Americans ― including grants for Meals on Wheels programs.

More: #LetThemDie: ‘Heartless’ Trump Blasted For Meals On Wheels Cuts

Wow, no wonder seniors are upset.

More fake news, libturd.

The billions being cut have mostly been spent in wealthier neighborhoods, not for programs for the poor, like Meals on Wheels. The funding for that comes from other sources.

"The money often is not going to Meals on Wheels or even to the neediest communities. As a Reason Foundation analysis also from 2013 shows, wealthier communities get the larger chunks of the money, particularly counties that—what a coincidence!—are in proximity to Washington, D.C….Check out this audit from Riverside County, California, for their CDBG expenditures for 2016, and there's neither a meal nor a wheel to be found. Of the $761,744 the county received, nearly all of it went to improve a playground and the sidewalks of a single local elementary school. And note that the reason they were audited by Housing and Urban Development was because they hadn't provided proper documentation of their expenses.

Meals on Wheels does get some money from the CDGB. But the vast majority of its funding comes from elsewhere, and as even the leftists over at Snopes state, “the effect of CDBG cuts on local Meals on Wheels groups is uncertain.” Only 3 percent of the Meals on Wheels budget nationally comes from the federal government at all, and only a portion of that comes from the CDBG. Walter Olson of the Cato Institute explains that 35 percent of federal funding for Meals on Wheels comes from the Older Americans Act, not the CDBG; no cuts have been contemplated to that program yet.

So, Trump isn’t killing Meals on Wheels."

FAKE NEWS: Did Trump Just Kill Meals On Wheels? Not Even Close.

Exactly. This money was a cut for several programs--not meals on wheels although some of it did go there. And even if passed, it wouldn't hurt one person being served by that program.

Unfortunately, facts are no longer a consideration as the left continues to come unglued.

Sorry boss, but the numbers are out and Obama only spent $97 million over his entire 8 years. You realize your article is from 2013???

What difference does it make when the article was printed? Do you think it cost less because it was printed while he took that vacation?

Every Fn time a President goes on vacation, takes a weekend off, or participates in other activities outside the White House, the opposing party tries to make is sound like their guy didn't do it. THEY ALL DO IT! Get over it.

Most of the cost is equipment transportation and security. This is something that cannot be avoided. A President deciding to go to Walmart and shop could cost taxpayers a few million dollars.

What does it matter when the article was printed? Well because we know for a FACT how much Obama's total travel expenses were from a report in 2017... and his trip didn't cost $100 million.

Oh, so now you're saying the leftist Bible (Huff Post) are lying? Fake news, good to know. I'll remind you of that if you ever post anything from them regarding the Republicans or Trump.

I'm saying they got it wrong. No one is perfect... I bet you've made a mistake once or twice in your life... hell you voted Trump so I know of at least one.

Look, I provided a link to support my point, it was even a link from a leftist organization. Because you refuse to believe it doesn't make it false. When (if) you are ready to challenge that report, I'll be more than happy to read it if it's from a reliable source. But as it stands, yes, it did cost 100 million dollars for one vacation.

I don't care if you provided a source... it was wrong, and we know it was wrong because the government provided the correct number for the costs during his entire 8 years and it was $97 million. You think one article from the Huffington Posts overrides the actual numbers from the government that budgeted and paid for the costs? Please tell me you aren't that fucking stupid. :disbelief:

The president’s budget request eliminates federal grants for meals.

President Donald Trump is coming under fire for proposing a budget that includes the complete elimination of federal funding for Meals on Wheels programs.

Meals on Wheels provides food to the elderly, poor, veterans, disabled and others who often can’t leave their homes.

However, under the proposed budget, the Department of Housing and Urban Development’s entire $3 billion Community Development Block Grant program would be eliminated, The New York Times reported Wednesday.

The grants fund services for low-income Americans ― including grants for Meals on Wheels programs.

More: #LetThemDie: ‘Heartless’ Trump Blasted For Meals On Wheels Cuts

Wow, no wonder seniors are upset.

More fake news, libturd.

The billions being cut have mostly been spent in wealthier neighborhoods, not for programs for the poor, like Meals on Wheels. The funding for that comes from other sources.

"The money often is not going to Meals on Wheels or even to the neediest communities. As a Reason Foundation analysis also from 2013 shows, wealthier communities get the larger chunks of the money, particularly counties that—what a coincidence!—are in proximity to Washington, D.C….Check out this audit from Riverside County, California, for their CDBG expenditures for 2016, and there's neither a meal nor a wheel to be found. Of the $761,744 the county received, nearly all of it went to improve a playground and the sidewalks of a single local elementary school. And note that the reason they were audited by Housing and Urban Development was because they hadn't provided proper documentation of their expenses.

Meals on Wheels does get some money from the CDGB. But the vast majority of its funding comes from elsewhere, and as even the leftists over at Snopes state, “the effect of CDBG cuts on local Meals on Wheels groups is uncertain.” Only 3 percent of the Meals on Wheels budget nationally comes from the federal government at all, and only a portion of that comes from the CDBG. Walter Olson of the Cato Institute explains that 35 percent of federal funding for Meals on Wheels comes from the Older Americans Act, not the CDBG; no cuts have been contemplated to that program yet.

So, Trump isn’t killing Meals on Wheels."

Exactly. This money was a cut for several programs--not meals on wheels although some of it did go there. And even if passed, it wouldn't hurt one person being served by that program.

Unfortunately, facts are no longer a consideration as the left continues to come unglued.

Yep, it's why I always called liberals Headline Voters. They don't want to learn about the truth, they only want to react to the headline. They won't even consider debating that very little of this money went to meals on wheels in the first place.

What difference does it make when the article was printed? Do you think it cost less because it was printed while he took that vacation?

Every Fn time a President goes on vacation, takes a weekend off, or participates in other activities outside the White House, the opposing party tries to make is sound like their guy didn't do it. THEY ALL DO IT! Get over it.

Most of the cost is equipment transportation and security. This is something that cannot be avoided. A President deciding to go to Walmart and shop could cost taxpayers a few million dollars.

What does it matter when the article was printed? Well because we know for a FACT how much Obama's total travel expenses were from a report in 2017... and his trip didn't cost $100 million.

Oh, so now you're saying the leftist Bible (Huff Post) are lying? Fake news, good to know. I'll remind you of that if you ever post anything from them regarding the Republicans or Trump.

I'm saying they got it wrong. No one is perfect... I bet you've made a mistake once or twice in your life... hell you voted Trump so I know of at least one.

Look, I provided a link to support my point, it was even a link from a leftist organization. Because you refuse to believe it doesn't make it false. When (if) you are ready to challenge that report, I'll be more than happy to read it if it's from a reliable source. But as it stands, yes, it did cost 100 million dollars for one vacation.

I don't care if you provided a source... it was wrong, and we know it was wrong because the government provided the correct number for the costs during his entire 8 years and it was $97 million. You think one article from the Huffington Posts overrides the actual numbers from the government that budgeted and paid for the costs? Please tell me you aren't that fucking stupid. :disbelief:

I'm stupid? I provided a reliable source--you didn't. You are just expecting me to believe whatever you say without an ounce of evidence, and I'd be willing to bet you have no source; it's just some left-wing blog probably threw something out there you wanted to believe.

The left is still pretending that Trump cut the funding for meals on wheels and the alternet makes accurate predictions.

You can't fix this kind of crazy.

I'm stupid? I provided a reliable source--you didn't. You are just expecting me to believe whatever you say without an ounce of evidence, and I'd be willing to bet you have no source; it's just some left-wing blog probably threw something out there you wanted to believe.

I haven't provided a source because it has been talked about ad nauseum on the forum. You want a source? Ok here you go. This is your Alt-Right Breibart so you can't say it is biased... and it says $96 million.

"Taxpayers footed the bill for $96 million in mostly personal travel expenses for President Obama and his family over the eight years Obama has occupied the White House, according to a new report from Judicial Watch announced Thursday."

Report: Obama Family Travel Expenses Cost Taxpayers $96 Million Over 8 Years - Breitbart

I live in a retirement community. You can not even buy a house here unless you are 55 years old. I know people who use Meals on Wheels. Some are the same people who the food bank helps. They are impoverished, and in many cases entirely alone in the world. They are old. They are disabled. a typical beneficiary would be someone who has MS, who can't even use a knife and a fork, Another beneficiary I know of lost a leg to diabetes, and can not cook.

I knew that the Right were a lot of small minded, mean spirited people, but it took something like this to show just how mean spirited they are. I have no use for people that are this lacking in human compassion and kindness.

I live in a retirement community. You can not even buy a house here unless you are 55 years old. I know people who use Meals on Wheels. Some are the same people who the food bank helps. They are impoverished, and in many cases entirely alone in the world. They are old. They are disabled. a typical beneficiary would be someone who has MS, who can't even use a knife and a fork, Another beneficiary I know of lost a leg to diabetes, and can not cook.

I knew that the Right were a lot of small minded, mean spirited people, but it took something like this to show just how mean spirited they are. I have no use for people that are this lacking in human compassion and kindness.

Amen! So much for compassionate Conservatives. They are heartless and cruel - Ayn Rand Conservatives.

Explain to me why is it my place to pay for other people's food,clothing, housing. Just because you want to give them free stuff doesn't mean everyone fills the need to giveaway freely

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm with you. I don't want to bankroll someone life for them.

Its time for people to take care of themselves.

Get a damned job. Get two jobs and pay you're own way.

The taxpayers are sick and tired of being forced to support these freeloaders.
Yeah! Those freeloading elderly folks gotta do for themselves! Same for the sick, the infirmed and the children living in poverty! Poor people have too much, while the rich DESERVE a break on their taxes! It's the Christian thing to do!
So....how much time and money do you donate to meals on wheels and the elderly?
My mother gets Meals on Wheels after her hip surgery in December. I've made a fifty dollar a week sustaining donation starting in January when her service began. As she recovers, she will be able to cease the Meals on Wheels service. At that time, I'll donate an additional 200.00 as a pay it forward gesture.

Trump is evil. He's also the poster boy for failure - and the Peter Principle...

800px-Peters_principle.svg.png

BREAKING DOWN 'Peter Principle'
The Peter Principle was laid out by Canadian educational scholar, Dr. Laurence J. Peter, in his 1968 book titled "The Peter Principle." Dr. Peter also stated in his book that an employee's inability to fulfill the requirements of a given position that he is promoted to may not be the result of general incompetence on the part of the employee as much as it is due to the fact that the position simply requires different skills than those the employee actually possesses. For example, an employee who is very good at following rules or company policies may be promoted into the position of creating rules or policies, despite the fact that being a good rule follower does not mean that an individual is well-suited to be a good rule creator.

Expanding on the Peter Principle
Dr. Peter summed up the Peter Principle with a twist on the old adage that "the cream rises to the top" by stating that "the cream rises until it sours." In other words, excellent employee performance is inevitably promoted to the point where the employee's performance is no longer excellent, or even satisfactory. According to the Peter Principle, competence is rewarded with promotion because competence, in the form of employee output, is noticeable and therefore usually recognized. However, once an employee reaches a position in which they are incompetent, they are no longer evaluated based on their output, but instead are evaluated on input factors, such as arriving at work on time and having a good attitude. Dr. Peter further argued that employees tend to remain in positions for which they are incompetent because mere incompetence is rarely sufficient to cause the employee to be fired from the position. Ordinarily, only extreme incompetence causes dismissal.

More: Peter Principle

Same here. I spent a couple of hours packing the bags with groceries at our Church food bank yesterday and will help carry them out and deliver them tomorrow. We get some donations from several chain supermarkets, but most of the food is bought with donations from the members and several fund raisers we have every year. Last year we sold over $10,000 worth of pumpkins the week before Halloween and the profits went to the food bank.

Then you know that most food banks are low and empty, and the further the cuts in federal government the harder it is going to be. I used to help with a WalMart run food bank called God's Pantry... but the food would often run out.
No not all food banks are empty. Ours is booming and they are always asking for volunteers to pack/box up fresh produce to distribute. Drop off cartons are located all over town during the year...grocery stores,post offices,libraries,hospitals,banks,food bank etc... for the three main ones. All people have to do is donate...plus you can donate online now at any food bank website if you are too busy to drop off.

You understand that just your food bank isn't indicative of all food banks right? Nationally food banks are low or empty in a lot of areas since the change in SNAP benefits. Also, you have to realize not all areas of the country have as many programs as your's might have, and that people don't have the money to afford to move. I can tell you that here in Kentucky there are A LOT of needy people that live in deplorable conditions you wouldn't let your dog live in, and there is a huge need for more programs.

Part of the reason for that is people assume government can take care of these people. Perhaps if government played less of a role, more people would donate to food banks and like charities.

Yeah, being at the mercy of random charity is so much more reliable that having guaranteed assistance from an institution - like local, state, or federal government programs.
Oh ...reliable like NM with its 4 million shortfall for teachers/ education and over 20 million for Obamacare?

According to Lakhota, Trump will cause countless poor, aged and disabled citizens to starve. That's the way the phony MSM presented it but as usual they are nowhere near the truth. Trump is merely trying to eliminate rampant waste and fraud in a system which has failed to deliver on its promise to feed the poor.

“The Trump administration proposed budget would kill the Community Development Block Grant, a federal boondoggle that’s largely been used for waste and fraud. It costs $3 billion per year. As the budget proposal stated, “The Federal Government has spent over $150 billion on this block grant since its inception in 1974, but the program is not well-targeted to the poorest populations and has not demonstrated results.”

“The money often is not going to Meals on Wheels or even to the neediest communities. As a Reason Foundation analysis also from 2013 shows, wealthier communities get the larger chunks of the money, particularly counties that—what a coincidence!—are in proximity to Washington, D.C….Check out this audit from Riverside County, California, for their CDBG expenditures for 2016, and there's neither a meal nor a wheel to be found. Of the $761,744 the county received, nearly all of it went to improve a playground and the sidewalks of a single local elementary school. And note that the reason they were audited by Housing and Urban Development was because they hadn't provided proper documentation of their expenses”

“Meals on Wheels does get some money from the CDGB. But the vast majority of its funding comes from elsewhere, and as even the leftists over at Snopes state, “the effect of CDBG cuts on local Meals on Wheels groups is uncertain.” Only 3 percent of the Meals on Wheels budget nationally comes from the federal government at all, and only a portion of that comes from the CDBG. Walter Olson of the Cato Institute explains that 35 percent of federal funding for Meals on Wheels comes from the Older Americans Act, not the CDBG; no cuts have been contemplated to that program yet.”

I hope that the outrage directed against Trump is now directed towards those who improperly used Federal dollars designed to feed the poor for other projects instead. These are the people the press should be going after. But they won't.

Ok straight from Judicial Watch says their source was the federal government:

"(Washington DC)—Judicial Watch announced today that it has received new documents from both the Secret Service and the Air Force relating to Obama travel expenses, bringing the known total over the past eight years to $96,938,882.51."

Judicial Watch: New Obama Travel Costs Bring Eight-Year Total over $96 Million - Judicial Watch

Note the term "travel expenses." Basically travel expenses only covers the cost of Air Force One, and nothing else.

So just air travel alone, that was near 100 million dollars. When you add security and equipment transportation such as the limos and various other vehicles, it's much more than that.

The problem you headline voters have is that this cut will not actually affect Meals on Wheels. You ignore the multiple posts proving that.

"(Washington DC)—Judicial Watch announced today that it has received new documents from both the Secret Service and the Air Force relating to Obama travel expenses, bringing the known total over the past eight years to $96,938,882.51."

Judicial Watch: New Obama Travel Costs Bring Eight-Year Total over $96 Million - Judicial Watch

Note the term "travel expenses." Basically travel expenses only covers the cost of Air Force One, and nothing else.

So just air travel alone, that was near 100 million dollars. When you add security and equipment transportation such as the limos and various other vehicles, it's much more than that.

Wrong, it says Secret service as well. You didn't read it.

Obama vacations averaged $12 million per year. Trump has already cost taxpayers $18 million in less than 3 months.

Wrong, it says Secret service as well. You didn't read it.

No.....you didn't. It says documents obtained from SS, not cost of SS.

Forum List

Back