#LetThemDie: ‘Heartless’ Trump Blasted For Meals On Wheels Cuts

Shame on Trump.
Wonder what Uncle Jethro down in Kentucky is going to think about Trump when he has to take a hot meal over to grannys everyday.

I agree! Trump even admitted on Fox News that his policies are going to hurt his supporters the most. Yet they still worship him. Retardedly hilarious!

Maybe they understand that people have to be hurt to get things right.

Your solution is to keep spending money like it grows on trees.

You are a propagandist and a hack.

You have no idea what it means to be an American.
Most people are not tolerant of presidential actions that hurt them personally for the greater good.

Last edited:
I live in a retirement community. You can not even buy a house here unless you are 55 years old. I know people who use Meals on Wheels. Some are the same people who the food bank helps. They are impoverished, and in many cases entirely alone in the world. They are old. They are disabled. a typical beneficiary would be someone who has MS, who can't even use a knife and a fork, Another beneficiary I know of lost a leg to diabetes, and can not cook.

I knew that the Right were a lot of small minded, mean spirited people, but it took something like this to show just how mean spirited they are. I have no use for people that are this lacking in human compassion and kindness.

The problem you headline voters have is that this cut will not actually affect Meals on Wheels. You ignore the multiple posts proving that.

Totally false, but a totally predictable response.

No, the article was posted stating that for one, the cuts to these programs do not help meals on wheels and two, only about 3% of funding was in threat. That's not going to end any program and more than likely, not change it one bit.

Yet, the article clearly says that the feds will give block grants to the states instead of supporting these programs. Kansas, and Louisiana, for example, having been put on the verge of bankruptcy by the tea party, are going to end ANY fed money for these programs. Meanwhile:

“It is difficult to imagine a scenario in which they will not be significantly and negatively impacted if the president’s budget were enacted,” Meals on Wheels spokeswoman Jenny Bertolette told CNN on Thursday."

This is not PBS, Planned Parenthood, or Public Radio. This is a program that feeds hungry citizens, while Trump takes his weekly multimillion dollar vacations to his luxury resort, and feeds the military which already spends more that the next seven nations combined. This is not food stamps for drug addicts. This is for children who go to school hungry. This is beyond unconscionable. This is disgusting. And the budget chief who is justifying it because, "there is no proof that hungry children underachieve in school", and, "Meals on Wheels is not effective" is even more disgusting. How the hell hell do you demonstrate the Meals on Wheels is not effective in fighting hunger? The guy is claiming compassion for the impoverished Detroit taxpayer, and at the same time, raising their taxes:

"Under the current tax plan, a single parent pays a 10 percent federal tax rate, or $1,255 on a $34,000 annual income, after applying the exceptions available. Under Trump’s proposed plan, the rate would increase to 12 percent, and with the reduction of various exceptions, the same single parent would be paying $2,280."

Either he is an idiot, or he things that WE are idiots. I can only assume that he thinks that everybody swallows the crap coming out of the White House.

I live in a retirement community. You can not even buy a house here unless you are 55 years old. I know people who use Meals on Wheels. Some are the same people who the food bank helps. They are impoverished, and in many cases entirely alone in the world. They are old. They are disabled. a typical beneficiary would be someone who has MS, who can't even use a knife and a fork, Another beneficiary I know of lost a leg to diabetes, and can not cook.

I knew that the Right were a lot of small minded, mean spirited people, but it took something like this to show just how mean spirited they are. I have no use for people that are this lacking in human compassion and kindness.

The problem you headline voters have is that this cut will not actually affect Meals on Wheels. You ignore the multiple posts proving that.

No, the article was posted stating that for one, the cuts to these programs do not help meals on wheels and two, only about 3% of funding was in threat. That's not going to end any program and more than likely, not change it one bit.

Yet, the article clearly says that the feds will give block grants to the states instead of supporting these programs. Kansas, and Louisiana, for example, having been put on the verge of bankruptcy by the tea party, are going to end ANY fed money for these programs. Meanwhile:

“It is difficult to imagine a scenario in which they will not be significantly and negatively impacted if the president’s budget were enacted,” Meals on Wheels spokeswoman Jenny Bertolette told CNN on Thursday."

This is not PBS, Planned Parenthood, or Public Radio. This is a program that feeds hungry citizens, while Trump takes his weekly multimillion dollar vacations to his luxury resort, and feeds the military which already spends more that the next seven nations combined. This is not food stamps for drug addicts. This is for children who go to school hungry. This is beyond unconscionable. This is disgusting. And the budget chief who is justifying it because, "there is no proof that hungry children underachieve in school", and, "Meals on Wheels is not effective" is even more disgusting. How the hell hell do you demonstrate the Meals on Wheels is not effective in fighting hunger? The guy is claiming compassion for the impoverished Detroit taxpayer, and at the same time, raising their taxes:

"Under the current tax plan, a single parent pays a 10 percent federal tax rate, or $1,255 on a $34,000 annual income, after applying the exceptions available. Under Trump’s proposed plan, the rate would increase to 12 percent, and with the reduction of various exceptions, the same single parent would be paying $2,280."

Either he is an idiot, or he things that WE are idiots. I can only assume that he thinks that everybody swallows the crap coming out of the White House.

Meals on Wheels does get some money from the CDGB. But the vast majority of its funding comes from elsewhere, and as even the leftists over at Snopes state, “the effect of CDBG cuts on local Meals on Wheels groups is uncertain.” Only 3 percent of the Meals on Wheels budget nationally comes from the federal government at all, and only a portion of that comes from the CDBG. Walter Olson of the Cato Institute explains that 35 percent of federal funding for Meals on Wheels comes from the Older Americans Act, not the CDBG; no cuts have been contemplated to that program yet.

There is a lot of evidence that school lunch programs do a lot of good. However, you don't have to look at any studies just ask any teacher or parent who has tried to teach hunger children. Cutting this program will create a backlash far greater than Trump expects.

There is a lot of evidence that school lunch programs do a lot of good. However, you don't have to look at any studies just ask any teacher or parent who has tried to teach hunger children. Cutting this program will create a backlash far greater than Trump expects.

Here's a thought: how about parents packing lunches for their own children who are their responsibility?

Shame on Trump.
Wonder what Uncle Jethro down in Kentucky is going to think about Trump when he has to take a hot meal over to grannys everyday.

I agree! Trump even admitted on Fox News that his policies are going to hurt his supporters the most. Yet they still worship him. Retardedly hilarious!

Maybe they understand that people have to be hurt to get things right.

Your solution is to keep spending money like it grows on trees.

You are a propagandist and a hack.

You have no idea what it means to be an American.
Most people are not tolerant of presidential actions that hurt them personally for the greater good.

That statement is simply selfish.

You lefties keep blabbing about billionaires wanting their taxes raised.

And wasn't it Joe Biden who stupidly stated that paying taxes was patriotic.....so paying more taxes is being more patriotic ?

And why is it just presidential actions ?

Yeah,

People in their communities might start helping these kids out.

They might also start asking just why in the helk parents let their kids go hungry.

It just makes me chuckle to see people respond so predictably.

Cut a program and the left starts screaming bloody murder. Never are they willing to approach it from a thinking POV....like asking why is it that the program is even necessary.

But you ask that question and assholes like Lakhota immediately spit out their canned answers......

Why? Why did Trump take away my dinner?
mental-illness.jpg

Umm, why aren't you preparing meals for your elderly mom? Instead of simply dumping the responsibility on Government, "daughter"?

Who exactly is being "hard-hearted" here?

Here's a thought: how about parents packing lunches for their own children who are their responsibility?
That's a great idea but the reality is it doesn't happen for a number of reason. The parents of 1/3 of the families on free and reduced lunch are at work when the kids go to school. There is no adult at home in the morning to fix breakfast or prepare lunches.

In schools where 90% or more of the kids are on free and reduced lunches, school meals are often the only real meals these kids get. The evening meal is whatever the kids can find in the house to eat. Parents are often not even home to prepare meals.

Hungry kids are problem kids in school. They perform poorly and are disruptive in class.

That's a great idea but the reality is it doesn't happen for a number of reason. The parents of 1/3 of the families on free and reduced lunch are at work when the kids go to school. There is no adult at home in the morning to fix breakfast or prepare lunches.

In schools where 90% or more of the kids are on free and reduced lunches, school meals are often the only real meals these kids get. The evening meal is whatever the kids can find in the house to eat. Parents are often not even home to prepare meals.

I started making sack lunches for my siblings and me when I was 8 years old. Perhaps that's why I never needed an Adulting Class. Lunches can also be made in advance and put in the fridge. It's really not rocket science.

‘Adulting’ classes prove millennials’ nitwit parents are to blame | New York Post

Last edited:
The parents of 1/3 of the families on free and reduced lunch are at work when the kids go to school. There is no adult at home in the morning to fix breakfast or prepare lunches.

So many assertions. So little proof.

Where would the fake-news liberals be if they couldn't make up "facts" like this?

If they couldn't, they'd have nothing to say at all.

Gee, that would be terrible, wouldn't it. :biggrin:

Hungry kids are problem kids in school. They perform poorly and are disruptive in class.
Lets ignore the obvious flaw in your statement. Parents are not out of the home 23 hours a day, which is what it would take for this to be true. They're home sometime and can make a lunch for their children. I see nothing wrong with schools providing hot meals to children, as long as the parents pay for them.

However, consider this.

Childhood obesity is a national epidemic. Nearly 1 in 3 children (ages 2-19) in the United States is overweight or obese, putting them at risk for serious health problems. As parents, caregivers, brothers and sisters, leaders in schools, communities and healthcare, we can work together to create a nation where the healthy choice is the easy choice. Learn the facts, our approach to solving this epidemic and how you can help be a part of the change.

About Childhood Obesity

That is 30% of the children in this country.

I remember the school lunch program when I was in school. The kid with the voucher would sell it to another kid who paid cash for his lunch, only at half price. Then both kids would be able to afford a pack of cigarettes after school let out.

If these parents are working so much and making money, how is it they qualify for free lunches?

Lord knows if I would be here today if my mother didn't slap some salami on two pieces of bread so I could eat. I would have never been able to figure out how to do that myself. :desk:

The parents of 1/3 of the families on free and reduced lunch are at work when the kids go to school. There is no adult at home in the morning to fix breakfast or prepare lunches.

So many assertions. So little proof.

Where would the fake-news liberals be if they couldn't make up "facts" like this?

If they couldn't, they'd have nothing to say at all.

Gee, that would be terrible, wouldn't it. :biggrin:
When you can't defend your position just scream "Fake News" like your leader.

The president’s budget request eliminates federal grants for meals.

President Donald Trump is coming under fire for proposing a budget that includes the complete elimination of federal funding for Meals on Wheels programs.

Meals on Wheels provides food to the elderly, poor, veterans, disabled and others who often can’t leave their homes.

However, under the proposed budget, the Department of Housing and Urban Development’s entire $3 billion Community Development Block Grant program would be eliminated, The New York Times reported Wednesday.

The grants fund services for low-income Americans ― including grants for Meals on Wheels programs.

More: #LetThemDie: ‘Heartless’ Trump Blasted For Meals On Wheels Cuts

Wow, no wonder seniors are upset.

What an Ass Clown--but it was seniors and veterans that were a major voting block of his.

14599.jpg

They didn't want that "nasty" woman (who would have protected this program.)

Love to see an audit of these families, what they get and what they buy. Really.

My experience is that they know how to scam the system (many of them do) and they freely do it as much as they can.

Forum List

Back