#LetThemDie: ‘Heartless’ Trump Blasted For Meals On Wheels Cuts

So one more time, with links:

Meals on Wheels does get some money from the CDGB. But the vast majority of its funding comes from elsewhere, and as even the leftists over at Snopes state, “the effect of CDBG cuts on local Meals on Wheels groups is uncertain.” Only 3 percent of the Meals on Wheels budget nationally comes from the federal government at all, and only a portion of that comes from the CDBG. Walter Olson of the Cato Institute explains that 35 percent of federal funding for Meals on Wheels comes from the Older Americans Act, not the CDBG; no cuts have been contemplated to that program yet.

Last edited:
Why would Trump want to piss off old people? Especially old poor people?

He doesn't. Old people will not be affected by this.

That's especially hilarious since Trump already admitted on Fox News that his policies would hurt his supporters the most.

Donald Trump Admits His Health Plan Will Hurt His Supporters

Really? That's not what I read. Here is what I read from your link:

Asked whether the current G.O.P. bill would hurt his constituents, Trump acknowledged that “a lot of things aren’t consistent” between the Republican plan and his message during the transition, when he promised to provide “insurance for everybody.” But, he told Carlson, “these are going to be negotiated.

So where does it say (in this statement) that his plan will "hurt his constituents?"

That's especially hilarious since Trump already admitted on Fox News that his policies would hurt his supporters the most.

Asked whether the current G.O.P. bill would hurt his constituents, Trump acknowledged that “a lot of things aren’t consistent” between the Republican plan and his message during the transition, when he promised to provide “insurance for everybody.” But, he told Carlson, “these are going to be negotiated.

So where does it say (in this statement) that his plan will "hurt his constituents?"

Funny. Do you pick cherries for a living? Context...

Funny. Do you pick cherries for a living? Context...

Funny, I was about to ask you the same thing.

I live in a retirement community. You can not even buy a house here unless you are 55 years old. I know people who use Meals on Wheels. Some are the same people who the food bank helps. They are impoverished, and in many cases entirely alone in the world. They are old. They are disabled. a typical beneficiary would be someone who has MS, who can't even use a knife and a fork, Another beneficiary I know of lost a leg to diabetes, and can not cook.

I knew that the Right were a lot of small minded, mean spirited people, but it took something like this to show just how mean spirited they are. I have no use for people that are this lacking in human compassion and kindness.

The problem you headline voters have is that this cut will not actually affect Meals on Wheels. You ignore the multiple posts proving that.

Totally false, but a totally predictable response.

I live in a retirement community. You can not even buy a house here unless you are 55 years old. I know people who use Meals on Wheels. Some are the same people who the food bank helps. They are impoverished, and in many cases entirely alone in the world. They are old. They are disabled. a typical beneficiary would be someone who has MS, who can't even use a knife and a fork, Another beneficiary I know of lost a leg to diabetes, and can not cook.

I knew that the Right were a lot of small minded, mean spirited people, but it took something like this to show just how mean spirited they are. I have no use for people that are this lacking in human compassion and kindness.

The problem you headline voters have is that this cut will not actually affect Meals on Wheels. You ignore the multiple posts proving that.

Totally false, but a totally predictable response.

No, the article was posted stating that for one, the cuts to these programs do not help meals on wheels and two, only about 3% of funding was in threat. That's not going to end any program and more than likely, not change it one bit.

The federal government is not a restaurant. There should be local solutions to hunger. No one goes hungry in our town. As small as we are, we have 2 huge food banks stocked by townspeople and the churches feed and clothe the poor and pay for heat and electric if need be. We deliver.

Same here. I spent a couple of hours packing the bags with groceries at our Church food bank yesterday and will help carry them out and deliver them tomorrow. We get some donations from several chain supermarkets, but most of the food is bought with donations from the members and several fund raisers we have every year. Last year we sold over $10,000 worth of pumpkins the week before Halloween and the profits went to the food bank.
Yep. I voluneer for several organizations, participate in fund raisers,collect food, clothes,books , school supplies, toiletries etc for kids,senior centers,wounded warriors,vets ...and I drop them off. Donate time to the Ronald Mcdonald house and am a personal shopper for a few seniors that can't drive or run errands. If democrats can't step up and do their fair share I shouldn't have to do all of the work for them AND get ripped off by the government to pay their portion as well.

Bless you.

Maybe we should just abolish government and all depend on the mercy of charity.

Meals On Wheels Sees 500 Percent Surge In Volunteers Since Budget Cuts Proposed

About the only smart thing you've ever said.

Kinda makes you wonder.....why were those people not volunteering before.

I am asking...not being critical.

Hey, maybe if we cut the defense budget we can get enough conservatives to volunteer to work in the defense industry for free!!

Same here. I spent a couple of hours packing the bags with groceries at our Church food bank yesterday and will help carry them out and deliver them tomorrow. We get some donations from several chain supermarkets, but most of the food is bought with donations from the members and several fund raisers we have every year. Last year we sold over $10,000 worth of pumpkins the week before Halloween and the profits went to the food bank.

Then you know that most food banks are low and empty, and the further the cuts in federal government the harder it is going to be. I used to help with a WalMart run food bank called God's Pantry... but the food would often run out.
No not all food banks are empty. Ours is booming and they are always asking for volunteers to pack/box up fresh produce to distribute. Drop off cartons are located all over town during the year...grocery stores,post offices,libraries,hospitals,banks,food bank etc... for the three main ones. All people have to do is donate...plus you can donate online now at any food bank website if you are too busy to drop off.

You understand that just your food bank isn't indicative of all food banks right? Nationally food banks are low or empty in a lot of areas since the change in SNAP benefits. Also, you have to realize not all areas of the country have as many programs as your's might have, and that people don't have the money to afford to move. I can tell you that here in Kentucky there are A LOT of needy people that live in deplorable conditions you wouldn't let your dog live in, and there is a huge need for more programs.

Part of the reason for that is people assume government can take care of these people. Perhaps if government played less of a role, more people would donate to food banks and like charities.

Yeah, being at the mercy of random charity is so much more reliable that having guaranteed assistance from an institution - like local, state, or federal government programs.

Church food banks are done with donated funds and free volunteer labor. What do you think the cost would be if it was a government operated food bank?

Then you know that most food banks are low and empty, and the further the cuts in federal government the harder it is going to be. I used to help with a WalMart run food bank called God's Pantry... but the food would often run out.
No not all food banks are empty. Ours is booming and they are always asking for volunteers to pack/box up fresh produce to distribute. Drop off cartons are located all over town during the year...grocery stores,post offices,libraries,hospitals,banks,food bank etc... for the three main ones. All people have to do is donate...plus you can donate online now at any food bank website if you are too busy to drop off.

You understand that just your food bank isn't indicative of all food banks right? Nationally food banks are low or empty in a lot of areas since the change in SNAP benefits. Also, you have to realize not all areas of the country have as many programs as your's might have, and that people don't have the money to afford to move. I can tell you that here in Kentucky there are A LOT of needy people that live in deplorable conditions you wouldn't let your dog live in, and there is a huge need for more programs.

Part of the reason for that is people assume government can take care of these people. Perhaps if government played less of a role, more people would donate to food banks and like charities.

Yeah, being at the mercy of random charity is so much more reliable that having guaranteed assistance from an institution - like local, state, or federal government programs.

Charity is a joke. Sorry, but no charity can help someone even 1/10th as the state or federal government.

Promoting education and allowing the person to have a dry place to stay is most important after something to eat.

Charity is a joke to a Godless asshole.

Its important to cut hot meals for homebound elderly so we can make another missile. Warped.

Hey, maybe if we cut the defense budget we can get enough conservatives to volunteer to work in the defense industry for free!!

Understanding that your brain can't work past your nose, the point is still not without it's considerations.

Its important to cut hot meals for homebound elderly so we can make another missile. Warped.

It's important that:

We let the federal government do what it was created to do.

We let people take care of each other. You want the government to fund this ? Go to your state house.

Pro life doesn't end at birth. includes taking care of the elderly. Why increase the military budget when we are20 trillion in debt? I suppose the corporatists need troops to fight for them.

Thats the only industry Libs like to cut. Who are you trying to kid?

Forum List

Back