Let's Talk.........I mean REALLY Talk.......

Dale Smith

Platinum Member
Sep 10, 2015
Dallas, Texas
leave your partisan bullshit at the door.....forget the left versus right paradigm. I want to know how you really feel about the direction of this country in the last 36 years and how you feel it has gotten better, gotten worse. Leave your political affiliations at the door explain what you see is happening and why.........most of us remember the Nixon and Carter days. We have seen the change.........

My personal believe is that we are in serious trouble and I am talking about the kind of trouble that will make the orchestrated crash of 1929 seem tame by comparison....wanna talk me off the ledge? Please do so.....

Well let me tell you a little story. 40 years ago, I saw how they were starting to take discipline out of our schools, telling kids to report their parents if they were spanked. I decided it would be abuse to bring a child into that world and the world that would result. I didn't have any and I don't regret it a bit, this country has continued the down hill spiral that started back then.

Most of the wealth that this country gained throughout the first half of the 20th century is flowing either out of our country or into a few rich hands. This isn't good and is hurting our economy and ability to grow. I don't really trust either side on all issues as the left has strayed from its unionist pro-workers mindset and the right is too pro-screwed up trade and cheap labor. What this country did after wwII seems to have made this country very powerful and part of it is the industry we use to have and the wanting to expand the standards of living for all Americans.

It's possible that we see another depression as the Chinese economy seems to be built on a mountain of shit and ours is without the supports it once had. There's no question that economically most people within our society are poorer by far as we simply don't have the buying payer anymore.

What needs to happen is we need to rebuild our industry, stop the flow of wealth to the top and allow for the expansion of the middle class.

225+ trillion in debt... The federal government has fucked us.
Do not pass go, do not collect 200 dollars. Game over

The biggest problem IMO is that people now see wants as needs and even as rights in some cases.

People feel entitled and think they shouldn't have to do anything but the bare minimum but then they expect to reap the same rewards as those who risk everything to succeed

leave your partisan bullshit at the door.....forget the left versus right paradigm. I want to know how you really feel about the direction of this country in the last 36 years and how you feel it has gotten better, gotten worse. Leave your political affiliations at the door explain what you see is happening and why.........most of us remember the Nixon and Carter days. We have seen the change.........

My personal believe is that we are in serious trouble and I am talking about the kind of trouble that will make the orchestrated crash of 1929 seem tame by comparison....wanna talk me off the ledge? Please do so.....

Name three or four things that you think make us 'in serious trouble'.

I know I will be called a racist, but I saw a recent poll on 'Morning Joe' that had 91% of the African-Americans voting for Hillary and 1% voting for Trump. No, not a typo! Hillary promises more free stuff and Trump promises more jobs. What does that mean?

You can't ignore the political aspect because that is where all the problem originate.

Washington is fueled by politics so to ignore that aspect of it leaves you with nothing.

For example, both dems and repubs say that they want to make sure our VA has enough money to take care of our vets. Yet they ( both party's ) limit how much money they're willing to pay the very doctors they need to hire to eliminate the months long waiting lines our vets are forced to endure when seeking treatment.

So no matter how much money gets earmarked for the VA, they still can't hire the doctors that will make a difference in the care our veterans receive. That's politics.

Last edited:

why do you think conspiracy theories and lunacy are entitled to "discussion"?

I see an increase in the concentration of wealth and power in the upper class. I see lower wages and fewer benefits for working Americans. I see fewer public services and less investment in public infrastructure as we have slashed our tax rates

I see corporations who are exempt from taxes and wield global influence. I see a political system that is no longer functional and is dictated by the super wealthy and the media

I see an increase in the concentration of wealth and power in the upper class. I see lower wages and fewer benefits for working Americans. I see fewer public services and less investment in public infrastructure as we have slashed our tax rates

I see corporations who are exempt from taxes and wield global influence. I see a political system that is no longer functional and is dictated by the super wealthy and the media

I see waste and malfeasance with our tax dollars.
For example 100 billion a year is collected in various taxes and fees that are supposed to be earmarked for infrastructure upkeep

tell me where the fuck does all that money go?

You can't ignore the political aspect because that is where all the problem originate.

Washington is fueled by politics so to ignore that aspect of it leaves you with nothing.

For example, both dems and repubs say that they want to make sure our VA has enough money to take care of our vets. Yet they ( both party's ) limit how much money they're willing to pay the very doctors they need to hire to eliminate the months long waiting lines our vets are forced to endure when seeking treatment.

So no matter how much money gets earmarked for the VA, they still can't hire the doctors that will make a difference in the care our veterans receive. That's politics.

The last time I went to the VA Hospital I noticed that almost every other person walking in the hallways had a VA employee badge.
I went for a hearing test and it took 4 different people to test and fit me for hearing aids. I had previously bought some hearing aids at Costco and ONE Dr did it all.
It isn't the lack of people at the VA, but the typical government bureaucracy that is the problem.

The last time I went to the VA Hospital I noticed that almost every other person walking in the hallways had a VA employee badge.
I went for a hearing test and it took 4 different people to test and fit me for hearing aids. I had previously bought some hearing aids at Costco and ONE Dr did it all.
It isn't the lack of people at the VA, but the typical government bureaucracy that is the problem.

Just because they're loaded up in one area doesn't mean that's the way it is in every department. Onocology for example is one area they are coming up short in some areas due to a lack of qualified help.

Just because they're loaded up in one area doesn't mean that's the way it is in every department. Onocology for example is one area they are coming up short in due to a lack of qualified help.

Every other person walking in the hallway worked there and there were a lot of people in the hallway.

Having endured enough of your posts, I don't see any good reason to talk you off the ledge. Bon voyage.

Just because they're loaded up in one area doesn't mean that's the way it is in every department. Onocology for example is one area they are coming up short in due to a lack of qualified help.

Every other person walking in the hallway worked there and there were a lot of people in the hallway.
Your claim is noted.

Forum List

Back