Let's Talk.........I mean REALLY Talk.......

I don't know but I do know that the big dig went 700% over budget due to government and union corruption

I wonder how much other shit could have been fixed up with that money don't yo

the biggest problem was caused by a non-union subcontractor, Modern Continental, failing to remove debris before pouring cement.

Big Dig - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In fact, looking at the list of problems, all of them were caused by subcontractors cutting corners.

Oh, who was governor of the state when they had most of the problems? Mitt Romney.

Says the guy who paints everyone with the same broad brush.

I mind my own business and to a pathological control freak like you that equals callousness just like your thinking telling other people how to live their lives to your specifications is "caring"

You're the twisted ass here not me

Minding your own business means letting the rich exploit working class people, because, hey, fuck those guys.

It means letting depressed people kill themselves and mass shootings happen because you don't want the government asking if you really, really need a gun.

Minding your own business means letting the rich exploit working class people, because, hey, fuck those guys.

It means letting depressed people kill themselves and mass shootings happen because you don't want the government asking if you really, really need a gun.

Government has no business asking me what I need. Fuck you commie.

It's pretty sad that we have a Presidential candidate of a major political party who traffics in bizarre conspiracy theory.

No, Clinton is right. We are out to get her.

Bullshit

It would be enough if it wasn't wasted on bike paths, stupid staues and other useless projects and actually used for what it was meant for

how much do you think is actually being spent on bike paths?

No, the real problem is we aren't investing enough, or making the rich pay for it like FDR and Ike did when they built the infrastructure that made us a world-class power to start with.

FDR built dams, TVA, parks
Ike built the interstate highway system
JFK sent us to the moon

All used tax structure that depended on the wealthy contributing more

Government has no business asking me what I need. Fuck you commie.

So you are saying you've never collected unemployment, never used a government road, never drank water from a government supplied source?

How is the weather in Somalia this time of year?

WTF are you talking about? Communist sob.

Well let me tell you a little story. 40 years ago, I saw how they were starting to take discipline out of our schools, telling kids to report their parents if they were spanked. I decided it would be abuse to bring a child into that world and the world that would result. I didn't have any and I don't regret it a bit, this country has continued the down hill spiral that started back then.

It used to be that when kids got bad grades in school their parents would yell at them and demand answers...now the parents call the school and demand answers from the teachers.

Well let me tell you a little story. 40 years ago, I saw how they were starting to take discipline out of our schools, telling kids to report their parents if they were spanked. I decided it would be abuse to bring a child into that world and the world that would result. I didn't have any and I don't regret it a bit, this country has continued the down hill spiral that started back then.

It used to be that when kids got bad grades in school their parents would yell at them and demand answers...now the parents call the school and demand answers from the teachers.

I was reading an article about education and a teacher replied in the comments section that many students could not read past a 6th grade level. I asked him that, as a teacher, how could you let that happen? He said it wasn't his fault.

I don't know but I do know that the big dig went 700% over budget due to government and union corruption

I wonder how much other shit could have been fixed up with that money don't yo

the biggest problem was caused by a non-union subcontractor, Modern Continental, failing to remove debris before pouring cement.

Big Dig - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In fact, looking at the list of problems, all of them were caused by subcontractors cutting corners.

Oh, who was governor of the state when they had most of the problems? Mitt Romney.

So matter what happens, the governor is to blame when criminals cut corners?

FDR built dams, TVA, parks
Ike built the interstate highway system
JFK sent us to the moon

Well rw none of those projects would be completed today because of the EPA and the environmental ( emphasis on mental ) whack jobs.

Of course they would

None of those projects can be completed because we have let corporations and rich people off the hook.

The promise of trickle down wealth through low taxes and deregulation never happened

leave your partisan bullshit at the door.....forget the left versus right paradigm. I want to know how you really feel about the direction of this country in the last 36 years and how you feel it has gotten better, gotten worse. Leave your political affiliations at the door explain what you see is happening and why.........most of us remember the Nixon and Carter days. We have seen the change.........

My personal believe is that we are in serious trouble and I am talking about the kind of trouble that will make the orchestrated crash of 1929 seem tame by comparison....wanna talk me off the ledge? Please do so.....
I see the country heading down the same road as the Roman empire we have citizens who seem totally self absorbed and don't know anything about what is going in the nation or the world every part of the government is getting more and more corrupt and the media who is supposed to hold those in power accountable do so only when it suits their agenda. It was the rot and corruption inside Rome that finally weakened it enough for it's enemies from outside to destroy it right now we don't seem that different.

leave your partisan bullshit at the door.....forget the left versus right paradigm. I want to know how you really feel about the direction of this country in the last 36 years and how you feel it has gotten better, gotten worse. Leave your political affiliations at the door explain what you see is happening and why.........most of us remember the Nixon and Carter days. We have seen the change.........

DS Nice try, really. I was going to contribute to your op but I screwed up and read what some of the folks wrote and obviously they can't communicate without their vitriolic spew.

I will say I blame our demise on the folks themselves. The addiction to the Madison Avenue Gods are foretelling.

Forum List

Back