Let's Take A Closer Look At The Broncos ...

HUGGY

I Post Because I Care
Mar 24, 2009
Seattle at large...Ballard lately
Everybody and thier dog is raving about Peyton Manning and the Broncos.

Manning's QB rating is off the charts. The Broncos are 4-0.

Ya OK... But who have they played?

Thier best test so far has been at home against the Ravens who are 2-2 ..last weekend the great Ravens lost to the Bills.

They beat the 0-4 Giants So did the Panthers...and much more convincingly.

They beat the 1-3 Raiders. So did the Colts ....big whoop!

The beat the hapless 1-3 Eagles.

SOOoooo until Denver beats a top tier football team I'll not genuflect to the great Peyton Manning and the Broncos.

Thier best test so far has been at home against the Ravens who are 2-2 ..last weekend the great Ravens lost to the Bills.

SOOoooo until Denver beats a top tier football team I'll not genuflect to the great Peyton Manning and the Broncos.

You've got a valid point.

On the other hand, the Broncos offense has been amazing, even if it's against poor competition. And they can only play the teams on the schedule.

We'll see in the second half of the season how they perform against stronger competition.

Listen you smart-ass little prick, if it wasn't for the fact that they were on the wrong side of a double-overtime playoff game last season, they'd be defending Super Bowl champions this year.

They'll smoke Dallas this weekend and you'll eat some crow!

But what do I know about football? I'm a Ram fan.

Listen you smart-ass little prick, if it wasn't for the fact that they were on the wrong side of a double-overtime playoff game last season, they'd be defending Super Bowl champions this year.

OOOOooooo....That hurts! Cuts to the bone....:eek:

Sorry you are a Rams fan... You Mad Bro...????

What's last year have to do with anything? Is it winning games for the Ravens this season?

Smart ass? Ya probably.. Little? Not really...at 6' 220 lbs I just enjoy this time of the year to the max. I hadn't looked very close at the Broncos till this afternoon and noticed that EVERY team they have played have horrible records except the 2-2 Ravens. I really believe that Mannings agent has missed a huge opportunity to make money for his client by using Mannings huge forehead as a billboard. Whacha think?

So, the Seahawks beat 0-4 Jacksonville, 2-2 49ers, 1-2 Carolina, 2-2 Texans. Almost lost to Carolina and the Texans.

Not seeing much difference, the team that has been impressive is the Saints. There defense is so much better than last year.

What's last year have to do with anything? Is it winning games for the Ravens this season?

Smart ass? Ya probably.. Little? Not really...at 6' 220 lbs I just enjoy this time of the year to the max. I hadn't looked very close at the Broncos till this afternoon and noticed that EVERY team they have played have horrible records except the 2-2 Ravens. I really believe that Mannings agent has missed a huge opportunity to make money for his client by using Mannings huge forehead as a billboard. Whacha think?
Manning's not Tebow. He's not some passing fad. He's as real as it gets for a superstar quarterback. He was kicking ass last year while getting to know his receivers. This year is just a progression from that (+ Wes Walker). This team is for real.

Dallas will be a good test for them tomorrow.

Manning's not Tebow. He's not some passing fad. He's as real as it gets for a superstar quarterback. He was kicking ass last year while getting to know his receivers. This year is just a progression from that (+ Wes Walker). This team is for real.

They also have some key players out with injuries, it will be interesting to see how good they can be at full strength.

So, the Seahawks beat 0-4 Jacksonville, 2-2 49ers, 1-2 Carolina, 2-2 Texans. Almost lost to Carolina and the Texans.

Not seeing much difference, the team that has been impressive is the Saints. There defense is so much better than last year.

Compare those teams to Baltimore, the Giants, Oakland and Philly. If you can't see a difference, you aren't looking.

The Saints have definitely been impressive defensively. Now that their offense seems to be clicking, they could be one of the top teams.

thats a good point,they really havent played anybody.I thought the ravens had got on track but losing to the bills?:lol: this isnt the same team from last year. the ravens havent played any top notch offense since the broncos so their defense is over rated.not having ed reed and ray lewis and bolden has hurt them just like everyone knew it would.the broncos also lost thier starting left tackle for the rest of the year and are deplted in the linebacking corps with injurys,over a course of a year,thats going to take a toll on them.

Last edited:

Cool! Let's bet. I'll take the Broncos, you can have whomever they are playing.

Manning is also just one guy. The OP doesn't state "Let's take a closer look at Peyton Manning". Manning is probably playing the best in his career.

Thing is as things go in the NFL.. every teams strengths and weaknesses get figured out ...especially as the season drags on. In the games I've seen where Peyton gets smacked around in the past he gets happy feet and his throws become erratic. So far that hasn't happened....BUT it will. Rodgers is the same way. A couple of sacks and they both become unglued.

In the Who Have They Played catagory? ..my point was in reaction to watching that BEAST #99 for the Texans manhandle 2-3 guys in preasuring Wilson in the first half last weekend. Manning hasn't faced ANYTHING like THAT yet this season. Wilson has wheels where Manning has none. The Seattle defense beat the Texans or they would be 3-1 at this time. Wilson only had one 4 th qtr albeit spectacular drive which aided in the win but was held to nearly zilch half one.

The Broncos have who exactly to pick up the rock if Peyton is sitting on the bench nursing a crushed helmet?

Ya...Ya...The Donkeys are a scoring machine as of late. You fans better be praying double time to protect the guy with more metal IN his neck than MR T carries outside his.

Dallas just ate up 8 minutes and scored in the first quarter. I'm no Dallas fan but Denver needs to lose

Looks like the big dogs are going down this weekend. Patriots, Seahawks and now the Broncos.

Love when parity comes a knocking.

I figued it was a long shot for the hawks to go undefeated.I said this two week period was going to be their toughest test,that if they passed this,they would be homefree and go undefeated. well they wont go 16-0 but I still think they will go 15-1 though.thats as long as both crabtree and manningham are out in the niners rematch,if just one of those two comes back,i say 14-2.

the thing that sucks about thei game though Huck is the hawks defense let Wilson down.they should have won this gamne and would have if not for two critical penaltys.that one deep in colts territory on 3rd and 22 with that stupid pass interference penalty which led to 3 points,then on another 3rd down the defender was MUGGING the reciver and it was totally unnessary,that led to another touchdown.they did not play discipline football on defense at all.:mad:

on thing you can boast about though hug is at least the hawks kept the agme close against them on the ROAD where the whiners got blown out at HOME.:lol::lol::lol:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back