Kobe would beat Jordan because:

he's a better defender
has a better perimeter game
has just as much intensity
is not intimidated by the over-rated one
is better with the babes
can speak fluent Italian
and is from Philly​
You never bet against someone from Philly!

Other guards/forwards that would beat Jordan:

Elgin Baylor
Dr. J
Jerry West
Oscar Robertson
Walt Frazier
The Mailman
Lonnie Shelton (he wouldn't win the game, just kick Jordan's ass afterwards)​

Not even close.....Jordan in his prime blows the doors off of Kobie.....who wishes he could be Jordans Homie.
evil6.gif

Only one that has a chance to compete in that list.....is Walt Frazier.

But you did forget thee Man. Before there was Jordan.....There was Julius Irving.
yepp.gif

th
th

Commonly referred to as Dr. J. As Doctor of the Jump.

Edit: Ah I see ya got him listed.

Last edited:
Jordan admitted to it. He said the guy could shadow all his moves best.

Yeah.....Jordan is like that until they get on the court then he lets it be known where one stands. Moreover Jordan is better on the cheat. He slap that hand off ya real quick and make that move.

My oldest son is Born on the same day as Jordan. So I got to hear it for years. :lol:

Heya HG.
yo2.gif
Yeah I doubt Kobie has the Shot like Mike too. He may shoot.....but he aint got MJ's touch. Jordan would score with 3 or 4 around him slapping his hands and wrists and from damn near anywhere on the court.
Kobe's got a lot more range than Jordan.

Kobie better than Mike.
rolleyes20.gif
Ya should knows Better.
tomato.gif

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=010KyIQjkTk]Kris Kross - Jump - YouTube[/ame]
2razz.gif

Can't even believe ya put the Mailman in there.
icon_eek.gif

Not even close.....Jordan in his prime blows the doors off of Kobie.....who wishes he could be Jordans Homie.
evil6.gif

Only one that has a chance to compete in that list.....is Walt Frazier.

But you did forget thee Man. Before there was Jordan.....There was Julius Irving.
yepp.gif

th
th

Commonly referred to as Dr. J. As Doctor of the Jump.

Edit: Ah I see ya got him listed.
Those were pictures of Julius Irving.

This was when he was Dr. J.

I'll even throw in one more guy:

Michael Cooper​
He had no where near Jordan's offense, but he could shut Jordan down defensively!

Mike was just being Mike all in front of the camera.....tis all. :lol:

Michael Jordan discusses his list of players he would have liked to play one-one-one, how he schooled O.J. Mayo at his camp, and how the game was much more physical when he played.

2. MJ in his prime versus Kobe in his prime: Who wins a game of one-on-one?

Buha: MJ. It would be a close game, with both players taking and making nearly impossible shots to the pleasure of "Count the Ringzzz" enthusiasts everywhere, but I'm picking the better one-on-one defender. Jordan was slightly more athletic than Bryant, and I think his inherent strength advantage would overcome Bryant's exceptional footwork. I'd more interested to see how the loser reacts.

Churney: Jordan, but this one is much closer than the first matchup. There's no size advantage here and in their primes, neither has a decisive athletic advantage. However, Jordan's post game was more developed than Kobe's in their primes, giving him what I believe to be the decisive edge.

Elhassan: Jordan, and in an easier fashion than Jordan over James. Bryant simply lacks the edge in any department: Jordan is similarly sized, much stronger, and perhaps most important, less prone to taking the type of high-difficulty field goal attempts that Bryant is infatuated with.

Koremenos: MJ. This would probably be as intense a battle as you'd find on a basketball court. Two of the most legendary competitors in the history of the game -- maybe even all of sports -- facing off would be epic.

Soriano: Kobe. No offense to Jordan, but Kobe is probably the best single-minded scorer in league history. Giving him an opportunity where he literally can't pass to anyone else fits his game so well. He would use every trick and move in his bag, too. Even against Jordan.....snip~

Could Michael Jordan beat LeBron James one-on-one? - ESPN

Nice try there MG.
tongue20.gif
Jump Around!
2razz.gif

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7IVAH1JauE]House of Pain - Jump Around Lyrics (Subtitles) - YouTube[/ame]

Jordan is the reason I started paying attention to pro-BB. He made it worth watching again, also to include was Larry bird.
But, we will never know who would win since it will never happen.
The hurricane that displaced the NO BB team to OKC is another reason I am watching pro-BB also. My home town is OKC.

Forum List

Back