'Let's Not Shoot These Kids': Florida Police Caught In Shootout With 12yo Boy, 14yo Girl

The government shouldn't have to mandate common sense. But since there are far too many gun owners who don't have common sense, since there are no requirements you know anything about firearms in order to buy one, then there should be legal mandates, licensing, and regulation.

Yes....you are a fascist...you don't have to tell us, we can already tell by your posts....

In Britain, mandatory storage laws led to home inspections....sorry, ain't going to happen.....
They don't need to be mandated if there is near universal voluntary compliance.

This is like the old ad campaign "lock it, and pocket the key." Because people used to leave their cars unlocked, and the keys inside.

Had people continued to do that, i'm sure they would have passed a law mandating it.

Voluntary compliance......or else.....

Got it....you are a fascist......first the mandate, then the inspections of the home....sorry, not doing it.

The two kids are white kids......the British papers showed their photos...

Would you mind defining what you mean by locking them up? Are you referring to a gun safe, a lock box, a locked room, this is a sincere request.
If there are a large number of guns, then use a gun safe for those you don't need for home defense. Those used for home defense should be either in a lock box, or have a trigger lock. When you get home, you unlock them, and when you leave the house empty, you lock them up.

Simple.
You know a burglar can just walk out with the lock box right? And the trigger lock can be cut off of the weapon if it's a cable lock. This is partially why I asked. Not everyone can afford to purchase a gun safe although I definitely think they are worth the investment and not just for storing weapons. The main plus for me is a criminal would have to be REALLY motivated to get one of those things out of the house and abscond with it.

Would you mind defining what you mean by locking them up? Are you referring to a gun safe, a lock box, a locked room, this is a sincere request.
If there are a large number of guns, then use a gun safe for those you don't need for home defense. Those used for home defense should be either in a lock box, or have a trigger lock. When you get home, you unlock them, and when you leave the house empty, you lock them up.

Simple.
You know a burglar can just walk out with the lock box right? And the trigger lock can be cut off of the weapon if it's a cable lock. This is partially why I asked. Not everyone can afford to purchase a gun safe although I definitely think they are worth the investment and not just for storing weapons. The main plus for me is a criminal would have to be REALLY motivated to get one of those things out of the house and abscond with it.

See...that is the point...increase gun ownership costs by hundreds of dollars for locks and safes and poor people can't own them......you stop millions of Americans from being able to own and carry guns without passing a law banning guns.....that is a feature for these idiots, not a problem.

Got it....you are a fascist......first the mandate, then the inspections of the home....sorry, not doing it.
It happened in 1951 when the FDA mandated prescriptions because some people didn't have the common sense to use drugs safely.

Congress passes the Durham-Humphrey Amendment, which defines the kinds of drugs
that cannot be used safely without medical supervision. The amendment limits sale of
these drugs to prescription only by a medical professional. All other drugs are to be
available without a prescription.

It happened in 1951 when the FDA mandated prescriptions because some people didn't have the common sense to use drugs safely.

that cannot be used safely without medical supervision. The amendment limits sale of
these drugs to prescription only by a medical professional. All other drugs are to be

Drugs are not a Right.......gun ownership is a God given Right that exists outside of the Constitution and does not exist because of the Constitution....

Drugs are not a Right.......gun ownership is a God given Right that exists outside of the Constitution and does not exist because of the Constitution....
The 1994 amendment to the American Indian Religious Freedom Act of 1978 provided that “the use, possession, or transportation of peyote by an Indian for bona fide traditional ceremonial purposes in connection with the practice of a traditional Indian religion is lawful, and shall not be prohibited by the United States .

Sounds like a right to me.

These kids were raised in bad conditions......but you want to blame guns......600 million guns in private hands, over 19.4 million Americans can carry guns for self defense in public

1.1 million Americans use guns each year to save lives from rape, brutal beatings, robberies and murder...

But two kids raised in horrible situations, the girl apparently had issues and set fires and the boy was in foster care.........but you want to blame guns...

This is why we don't take you seriously.
Did you read the article? These kids weren't armed until they broke into a house that had dozens of unsecured firearms, and readily available ammunition.

If the homeowner had simply locked his firearms up, none of this could have happened.
And if those kids hadn’t ILLEGALLY broken into that house this wouldn’t have happened. You can’t blame the homeowner for these kids breaking and entering.

If the homeowner had simply locked his firearms up, none of this could have happened.
And if those kids hadn’t ILLEGALLY broken into that house this wouldn’t have happened. You can’t blame the homeowner for these kids breaking and entering.
The homeowner isn't at fault for his house being broken into. The "gun owner" had a responsibility to secure his weapons so that anybody in his house, whether a burglar or visiting neighbor, didn't have unfettered access to loaded firearms and ammunition.

You wouldn't leave your car unlocked when it's out of sight.

Yeah, that was wrong too.

Next.

Gun owners are amazingly responsible but when criminals break the law, break into homes, it isn't the fault of the home owner.......
This is why even the NRA agrees with guns having trigger locks, being kept in gun safes, and keeping the guns completely separate from the ammunition.

None of that was done.
Gun owners are amazingly responsible but when criminals break the law, break into homes, it isn't the fault of the home owner.......
This is why even the NRA agrees with guns having trigger locks, being kept in gun safes, and keeping the guns completely separate from the ammunition.

None of that was done.
The guns aren't the problem...these two little monsters are. They should be killed off.

This is just sad. In America in 2021 we now have children shooting at police with the police hoping that they don't have to shoot back.

I understand this. I wouldn't want to shoot a child.

This is America. Weapons everywhere.

Yet we are much less safe.

Where the fuck..........ARE THEIR PARENTS!????!!!?

We don't have a weapons problem. We have a parent problem.
The parents are off doing whatever it is that people who don't have children do.

The homeowner isn't at fault for his house being broken into. The "gun owner" had a responsibility to secure his weapons so that anybody in his house, whether a burglar or visiting neighbor, didn't have unfettered access to loaded firearms and ammunition.

You wouldn't leave your car unlocked when it's out of sight.
I lock my car. I lock my house. Same thing.

Weapons everywhere.
Yes, and they need to be secured.

Every gunowner must take steps to ensure his guns are secured; had that been the case in this situation, this shooting wouldn’t have happened.

Every gunowner must assume his home will be broken into at some point.

My guns are kept in a safe – as an added precaution, the AKs have padlocks through the receiver/mag well; the AR 15s have cable locks through the ejection port/mag well.

With rights come responsibilities.

Forum List

Back