Leftist George Soros sends $500,000 to fight rehiring cops in Austin despite rampant crime due to defunding the police there.

Nostra

Diamond Member
Oct 7, 2019
So, Liberal Austin decides to jump on the Dem bandwagon of defunding police, and the obvious result is a huge spike in crime. Now they are coming to their senses and want to add money to the budget for more cops.

Anti-American despot George Soros is sending half a million dollars to fight against people in Austin protecting themselves.

I never wish death upon anyone for political beliefs, but I will celebrate when this cretin goes toes up.

Billionaire George Soros donates half a million to oppose Austin police staffing campaign

The campaign to oppose Proposition A, a ballot measure concerning staffing levels at the Austin Police Department that will go before voters in November, got a big financial bump from national donors last week.

Billionaire and left-wing activist George Soros gave $500,000 to Equity PAC, a political action committee lobbying against Prop A. The group also received $200,000 from The Fairness Project, a Washington, D.C.-based organization founded in 2016 that backs progressive ballot measures.

If passed, Prop A would require APD to hire and maintain at least two police officers per 1,000 residents. Currently, the department employs roughly 1.7 officers per 1,000 residents. According to estimates from the city’s Budget Office, a ratio like this would require Austin to hire anywhere from 403 to 885 new officers over the next five years, at a cost of up to $598.8 million, depending on the number of officers.

Soros donated funds through Open Society Policy Center, according to a campaign filing submitted to the Austin city clerk’s office Wednesday. The center is an arm of Open Society Foundations, which Soros founded, according to the organization’s website.

"I'm excited. We're thankful for their support," said Laura Hernandez, campaign manager for the "No Way on Prop A" campaign, which is funded by Equity PAC. "Their support is part of over a hundred organizations against Prop A."

Prop A got on the ballot following a petition drive by Save Austin Now, the political action committee behind another ballot measure to reinstate a city ban on camping, resting and panhandling in public, which voters approved in May.

“I don’t want out of town money influencing a local election,” Cleo Petricek, co-founder of Save Austin Now, told KUT. “We’re talking about people who live here, live and breathe here, who are concerned about their safety. They should be deciding [this election], not someone who lives in New York.”

Austin reported its highest number of murders this year, which the group attributes to a staffing shortage at the police department. APD has struggled to fill vacant positions since at least 2014, often employing 100 or more fewer full-time sworn positions than the city budgeted for.

So, Liberal Austin decides to jump on the Dem bandwagon of defunding police, and the obvious result is a huge spike in crime. Now they are coming to their senses and want to add money to the budget for more cops.

Anti-American despot George Soros is sending half a million dollars to fight against people in Austin protecting themselves.

I never wish death upon anyone for political beliefs, but I will celebrate when this cretin goes toes up.

Billionaire George Soros donates half a million to oppose Austin police staffing campaign

The campaign to oppose Proposition A, a ballot measure concerning staffing levels at the Austin Police Department that will go before voters in November, got a big financial bump from national donors last week.

Billionaire and left-wing activist George Soros gave $500,000 to Equity PAC, a political action committee lobbying against Prop A. The group also received $200,000 from The Fairness Project, a Washington, D.C.-based organization founded in 2016 that backs progressive ballot measures.

If passed, Prop A would require APD to hire and maintain at least two police officers per 1,000 residents. Currently, the department employs roughly 1.7 officers per 1,000 residents. According to estimates from the city’s Budget Office, a ratio like this would require Austin to hire anywhere from 403 to 885 new officers over the next five years, at a cost of up to $598.8 million, depending on the number of officers.

Soros donated funds through Open Society Policy Center, according to a campaign filing submitted to the Austin city clerk’s office Wednesday. The center is an arm of Open Society Foundations, which Soros founded, according to the organization’s website.

"I'm excited. We're thankful for their support," said Laura Hernandez, campaign manager for the "No Way on Prop A" campaign, which is funded by Equity PAC. "Their support is part of over a hundred organizations against Prop A."

Prop A got on the ballot following a petition drive by Save Austin Now, the political action committee behind another ballot measure to reinstate a city ban on camping, resting and panhandling in public, which voters approved in May.

“I don’t want out of town money influencing a local election,” Cleo Petricek, co-founder of Save Austin Now, told KUT. “We’re talking about people who live here, live and breathe here, who are concerned about their safety. They should be deciding [this election], not someone who lives in New York.”

Austin reported its highest number of murders this year, which the group attributes to a staffing shortage at the police department. APD has struggled to fill vacant positions since at least 2014, often employing 100 or more fewer full-time sworn positions than the city budgeted for.

Nothing but nonsense and misinterpretation ........ sometimes known as BS.

It would be so delicious if the next time Mr. S. calls the police for help, they slow walk to his office/residence.

Remember that hilarious scene in the movie "Mr. Roberts" when the tyrannical captain of the ship is sick and calls for the ship's doctor over the loudspeaker, & the doctor responds very, very, very slowly.

(((SOROS)))

It says absolutely nothing about Austin defunding any police or reducing law enforcement budget in any way. It says they have been struggling to fill vacancies since 2014. It also says some people want to hire many more officers and go from 1.7 officers per 1,000, changing it to 2 officers per thousand. They have never had that many officers before. Might cost a fair chunk of money, now and forever more, including benefits and retirement increases.
True, Soros should stay out of it.

Gee, I thought defunding police only happened in States run by libtards, Clown.

Btw, where is Austin going to get $598 million over the next 5 years to support that proposition?

We need to move the Texas capital to anywhere else but Austin that the Commie Dems don't care for. Those who defund the Texas ranger affiliates need to go stand in the corner of a flimsy outhouse in a Hurricane. :rolleyes-41:

Trump should have had that sociopath prosecuted and thrown out of a helicopter years ago.

1633401917533.png

This is a complete pack of lies. Equality Texas (from their website) works to secure full equality for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer Texans through political action, education, community organizing, and collaboration.

Now, you may not like their agenda, ok fine. But to claim that they are against Prop A etc? Any proof? Or, is this just another story from the wing-nut media where they don't let the facts get in the way of the story?

They have a cop shortage?? Can't say I give a shit. They keep electing those idiots to run the city and they are all liberal as hell.

Let them deal with crime and no LEO's.

If I were a cop in Austin. I'd quit and move to a city where I won't get thrown under the bus. I'm sure Texas has many.

No sympathy from me for the liberal air heads in Austin.

Forum List

Back