Left Vs Right Can they compromise?

bill718

Diamond Member
Jun 26, 2016
In reading through these many posts, and talking to others, it seems the left and right wings are so far apart on so many issues they can't seem to agree on anything (except that they dislike each other). For 200 years left and right wing lawmakers worked together to craft legislation, it was called "compromise" neither side got everything they wanted, but both sides got some. In the last 20 years however "It's My Way or the Highway!" is now the prevailing attitude. This has led to a gridlocked government, and little progress on anything. So, will the left and right wings ever learn to work together again like the framers of our constitution intended, or will gridlock be the permanent state of our government?
:bye1:

Its not possible to compromise with the left, they are liars who fully intend to break any compromise at the first opportunity.

In reading through these many posts, and talking to others, it seems the left and right wings are so far apart on so many issues they can't seem to agree on anything (except that they dislike each other). For 200 years left and right wing lawmakers worked together to craft legislation, it was called "compromise" neither side got everything they wanted, but both sides got some. In the last 20 years however "It's My Way or the Highway!" is now the prevailing attitude. This has led to a gridlocked government, and little progress on anything. So, will the left and right wings ever learn to work together again like the framers of our constitution intended, or will gridlock be the permanent state of our government?

Let's hope so. Look at what was done during Clinton:
Balanced budget
Welfare reform
Reduced crime
Soaring economy...

This my way or highway is a failure. The repubs control everything and still get nothing done.

As soon as the left obtained absolute power in 2009 did they compromise? Hell no they told Republicans and a majority of American citizens to shut up and OBEY the left.

As soon as the left obtained absolute power in 2009 did they compromise? Hell no they told Republicans and a majority of American citizens to shut up and OBEY the left.

The right has all the power and do nothing at all. Seems holding all the power is bad for the country.

Gridlock government is the best government around, the establishment cant find new ways to screw over the US citizens when that happens. And that is a FACT.

Gridlock government is the best government around, the establishment cant find new ways to screw over the US citizens when that happens. And that is a FACT.
They aren't going to do anything about the deficit either.

Balanced budget
Welfare reform
Reduced crime
Soaring economy...

This my way or highway is a failure. The repubs control everything and still get nothing done.
Contract with America because after the 2003 largest tax increase at the time, the 40 year reign of democrats in congress went away. Yeah, you libs are still trying to rewrite history, but I wont let you. you worthless piece of shit.

Not sure if it is the same in the states but the right in the UK has lurched ever further right over the past few years. they dont even bother to hide their deviancy these days. Its a bad time.
The left needs to stay clean and retain the moral high ground.

Balanced budget
Welfare reform
Reduced crime
Soaring economy...

Contract with America because after the 2003 largest tax increase at the time, the 40 year reign of democrats in congress went away. Yeah, you libs are still trying to rewrite history, but I wont let you. you worthless piece of shit.

You aren't making any sense. I was giving an example of parties working together. What are you babbling about?

I see no hopeful signs.

Worse, the two ends have gone so far off the rails that they're closer to each other in their destructive behaviors than to the middle of the country.

The "Political Horseshoe" theory:
political-spectrum-horsesho.png

Forum List

Back