Leading GOP Candidate a Cult Member!

FTR Bain Capital under Romney hired many times more people than it fired.

Actually, Bain just did what most of Wall Street does, suck off the hard work and labor of others.

I would suggest you read about his activities in AmPad. Or his activities with Damon Medical Testing.

And I would suggest you do so before the nomination fight, because you are going to hear a lot more about them after the nomination and Obama beats Romney over the head with them.

So, yeah, some of the companies he invested in during the 1990's were successful. The 1990's were a boom time, you had to work really hard to screw something up.

We have the data on the Bain Capital companies. The IRRs and the expansions of businesses is amazing. If you wish to get into a pissing match about all the people the Bain companies hired and fired under Romney, feel free. But I can promise you, you will not advance your argument.

FTR Bain Capital under Romney hired many times more people than it fired.

I would suggest you read about his activities in AmPad. Or his activities with Damon Medical Testing.

And I would suggest you do so before the nomination fight, because you are going to hear a lot more about them after the nomination and Obama beats Romney over the head with them.

So, yeah, some of the companies he invested in during the 1990's were successful. The 1990's were a boom time, you had to work really hard to screw something up.

We have the data on the Bain Capital companies. The IRRs and the expansions of businesses is amazing. If you wish to get into a pissing match about all the people the Bain companies hired and fired under Romney, feel free. But I can promise you, you will not advance your argument.

Guy, do you like intentionally miss the point?

Elections are not about spreadsheets and graphs and double entry accounting.

They are about how people feel.

You put one crying AmPad worker on the screen about how he lost his house and his job because of Mitt Romney, all the "IRR" (whatever the hell those are) in the world won't matter.

People will just see a rich douchebag who messed up the life of someone just like them so he could add another room onto to his fourth mansion, which is apparently too small.

And since we've all run into that guy at some point in our professional careers, it isn't like that person is going to win any popularity contests.

"I look like the guy you work with. Romney looks like the guy who lays you off" - Mike Huckabee - 2008.

"Hey, Mike, can I borrow that?" - Barack Obama, 2012.

Guy, do you like intentionally miss the point?

You put one crying AmPad worker on the screen about how he lost his house and his job because of Mitt Romney, all the "IRR" (whatever the hell those are) in the world won't matter.

People will just see a rich douchebag who messed up the life of someone just like them so he could add another room onto to his fourth mansion, which is apparently too small.

And since we've all run into that guy at some point in our professional careers, it isn't like that person is going to win any popularity contests.

"I look like the guy you work with. Romney looks like the guy who lays you off" - Mike Huckabee - 2008.

"Hey, Mike, can I borrow that?" - Barack Obama, 2012.

I doubt the Dems are skilled enough to exploit this.

The country wants jobs. Romney created many, many times more than he axed. Every CEO has fired people. Not many candidates can say that they've created as many as Romney.

Also, I don't recall Dems using their religion as a platform or the other party candidates religion as a basis of attack. That is almost exclusively a GOP tactic.

Alan Grayson tried it on Dan Webster.

And that's hardly the only one. You either have to be dishonest or not paying attention to believe that. Id have to say it's the latter.

Mormons' own alot of what is valuable out here in the far west.
And most are fair people to do business with.
Accusations of 'cult' is all the opposition has got. That glove doesn't fit, so you gotta acquit!!!

many people define cult as "any religion I dont like"

Well technically EVERY religion is a cult.

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints has been around since the 1830's and has MILLIONS of members across the planet. It is not a cult.

I define the difference between a religion and a cult as how much control it tries to exert over its membership.

In Mormonism, you have requirements to wear special undergarments, requirements to send your kids off on missionary work, requirements to tithe, requirements to spout off your testimony on demand. If that isn't a cult, I'm not sure what is.

But I use a simpler yardstick. If you leave Mormonism, your relatives and friends are required to shun you. When I left Catholicism 30 years ago, none of my friends or relatives shunned me or even questioned my decision.

You really need to stop lying like this.

The weirdest thing about this crackpot thumper's claim that Mormonism is a cult was that he said it's because it was founded by a man. In contrast to Jesus being the founder of Christianity...

:confused:

So says Pastor Jeffers, head of the 1st Baptist Church of Dallas and head of Evangelical Christians USA on CNN today.
He said Mormomism is a cult. Then he said, politically supporting Romney is giving validity to a cult.
He ended saying that if someone doesn't embrace Christianity the way his group / denomination does, they are not really Christians.

Republicans are an interesting lot...

It was just a matter of time until the religious conservative freak show displayed their intolerance for all to see. I'm only surprised that it came from the leadership as opposed to the grass roots members. Jeffers must be some piece of work to say what he did at the Value Voters Summit.

So please list the things you think the prophet of your "church" is wrong on.

Most Catholics I know think the Pope is full of crap on a lot of issues.

That is between the pope and his followers.

Within my world a prophet isn't right or wrong.

You simply chose to follow his coucil or you don't.

As an active "mormon" and a conservative.

I'd vote for someone who:

A. Is gay...as long as that isn't the agenda.
B. Cross dresses....in private.
C. Worships satan.....but does not hurt anyone doing it
D. Eats horsecrap for dinner
E. Believes in astrology

If they were:

A. Honest
B. Candid
C. Focused
D. Had a great plan for getting our country back on economic track
E. Advocated for states powers

Sue me.......

The country wants jobs. Romney created many, many times more than he axed. Every CEO has fired people. Not many candidates can say that they've created as many as Romney.

The Democrats were able to get Obama elected. There's no doubt about their skills.

Every CEO has fired people. How many CEO's are "loved" by working stiffs?

I also dispute the notion that ROmney created jobs. All he did was back winners. And loot the losers like AmPad. So I guess you can say he was a successful gambler, but when you are gambling with people's livlihoods, that isn't much to talk about.

The Democrats were able to get Obama elected. There's no doubt about their skills.

Every CEO has fired people. How many CEO's are "loved" by working stiffs?

I also dispute the notion that ROmney created jobs. All he did was back winners. And loot the losers like AmPad. So I guess you can say he was a successful gambler, but when you are gambling with people's livlihoods, that isn't much to talk about.

An anteater could have been elected for the Democrats in 08.

Romney was an outstanding investor. If you don't understand that, you've lost already.

What do you think is a scarier message to more Americans?

a.) I'm a Mormon, or
b.) Social Security is an unconstitutional Ponzi Scheme?

And

What do you think is going to be the more important message in 12?

a.) Job creation, or
b.) He's a Mormon?

Correct.

There are two reasons and two reasons only why most Americans vote for a given presidential candidate: because they like him and because they think he will win.

This is why Obama’s re-election is likely.

Understand that those like us who debate politics and are motivated by the issues make up a tiny, tiny percentage of the voting public.

Forum List

Back