Why Were Christian Constitutional Conservatives So Wrong About Abortion??

I'm sorry to see the use of the word fascists attached to Christ's name, and I hope you use common courtesy in the future when you purjer yourself to blame the Lord by dirtying his name with an egregious title like "fascist."
Most of us are not that extreme. When a woman who dies carrying a baby, two lives are lost. Why would we condone such a thing as letting a mother die needlessly? Most of these things are known by the 15th month and can be dealt with to save the woman's life accordingly.

No they are not. Most of these things aren't known until after testing which can only be done after the 19th week, with 4 to 5 weeks for results.

The most important cases are those which cannot be determined before 24 weeks.

No they are not. Most of these things aren't known until after testing which can only be done after the 19th week, with 4 to 5 weeks for results.

This sad situation should be given leniency to save the life of the mother if possible since the baby is certain to die either way.

Last edited:
At the time of Roe V. Wade, it's supporters couched the abortion debate in terms of medical necessity. The Evangelicals likely fell for the idea that only rape victims, incest survivors, and women who were at risk for death in childbirth would be given abortion by licensed doctors. They likely were unaware of the cottage industry of alternative providers aborting babies for strippers, and prostitutes.

NOW, NARAL, and Planned Parenthood had not grown into the abortion-on-demand industry that they quickly became.

I have two grandchildren who were both conceived while their mother was on the pill. Since we all live in Canada, abortion is always an option, but this is what "pro choice" really means. I have a fifty year old son who was a "surprise".

Birth control in the real world isn't nearly as reliable as Big Pharma keeps telling us. Many women can't take the Pill, and I was one of them. It made me violently ill, as did pregnancy.

You'd be amazed at how many men refuse to get a vasectomy. It's a virility thing.

A fetus isn't a "human life". Living humans can breathe. A fetus is a potential human life, but even 1/3 of all of these little guys and gals don't make it out of the first trimester, because a lot can got wrong, not just for the gestating fetus, but for its mother too.

We don't believe human life is dispensable. Virtually every woman I know has had a unplanned pregnancy and for most of us, especially in Canada where we have paid 1 year maternity/parental leave, child tax benefits for low income families, and universal health care, choose to continue those pregnancies.

But I've also had difficult pregnancies, and high risk pregnancies that required surgical intervention. I carried a dead fetus for at least two weeks. In Texas, they would call the surgery an "abortion", but the fetus had been dead for weeks. They would have sent me home until there was an infection, which might end forever the possibility of my having another baby.

People who aren't doctors dealing with pregnant women, should never be allowed to write laws about reproductive health care.

And the late term abortions are the ones which are most medically necessary, and must be preserved.
Chris Reeve couldn't breathe without a machine, but no one could kill him without it being murdered. A developing baby is a human life, no matter what stage of development it's at.

No two people are alike! You may feel hostile to people of my persuasion because in earlier times, the people of God's family train young women to serve the family and look to her parents and husband's needs before their own. The majority of men trained their wives with appreciation, respect and positives, and their attitudes may not be easy for a self-supporting modern woman with a bummer relationship or two, to understand or care about. Obedience never made a person lesser than the people they served. And it to this day obeying somebody else's wishes doesn't make a person lesser than the boss or bosses they serve. As a matter of fact, obedient friends and family are generally responsible people who can be counted or else I have been very fortunate in my family and friend relationships and think highly of people who are loyal, faithful and good to their word.
Loyalty is a very important trait. I have no problem with loyal religious people. I have a problem with the lying, hateful, cheating scum that use religion to justify their disgusting actions and political views. A wise man once said something like "I like your Jesus, but his followerd not so much" I agree with that man.

You’re talking about 350 women a year. You are advocating for the killing of close to a million people every year in trade for 350. There is also no proof that abortions save any significant number of people. Less than 1% of abortions are performed due to the health of the mother.

So if you will concede that all the abortions that are performed for convenience are horrible and should be outlawed we can talk about the 1% that aren’t for that reason.

Loyalty is a very important trait. I have no problem with loyal religious people. I have a problem with the lying, hateful, cheating scum that use religion to justify their disgusting actions and political views. A wise man once said something like "I like your Jesus, but his followerd not so much" I agree with that man.
Christ anticipated persecution by the world for his followers, telling His disciples, "If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first." (John 15:18). Your persecution was foretold over two thousand years ago. I have to help my doggie birth about 4-10 tiny puppies. Good bye.

Christ anticipated persecution by the world for his followers, telling His disciples, "If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first." (John 15:18). Your persecution was foretold over two thousand years ago. I have to help my doggie birth about 4-10 tiny puppies. Good bye.
Either I was unclear, or you misunderstood my remark. The scripture you quoted implies that his deciples will be hated for the same reasons he was. That is not the case now. I could embrace a religion that taught what Jesus taught, and only what Jesus taught. In fact, I thought I did that for more than 50 years until I did an indepth study of the bible, and realized Christians are nothing like Jesus,

As far as those puppies,

I'm saying that anyone in a sexual relationship bears the responsibility to use contraception, whether male or female. Heck, I got a vasectomy when we decided not to have any more kids and never looked back. If I hadn't, we would have used the pill or some other method, but that's just because we're responsible and didn't want to rely on the freedom to kill a "mistake" because he/she was inconvenient.

And isn't it strange how feelings change over time? How many kids that weren't planned for and at first not even wanted by their birth parents end up being loved and cherished by someone who either chose them through adoption or learned to love them? Killing them before they're even born and have a chance at life eliminates that possibility, and it eliminates their chance for a successful life. "You're going to face difficulties, so we're going to kill you rather than let you struggle". Who's next, the homeless?

The bottom line in the abortion debate is this: Far too many people think they have the foresight and understanding to declare another person's life to be worthless their violent death to be justified.

I have two grandchildren who were both conceived while their mother was on the pill. Since we all live in Canada, abortion was always an option, but this is what "pro choice" really means. I have a fifty year old son who was also a "surprise".

Birth control in the real world isn't nearly as reliable as Big Pharma keeps telling us. Many women can't take the Pill, and I was one of them. It made me violently ill, as did pregnancy. You notice that the women on this board aren't the ones saying that women should be using birth control, because they know that it's not nearly as easy to prevent pregnancy or as reliable as the statistics would have you believe.

Yes, we are always aware that being involve in a sexual relationship has its issues, pregnancy being one of them, but sexuality is not just about procreation, and science is showing us that both our physical and emotion health and well being as adults, is very much tied to a healthy sexual relationship.

It's time for American men to realize that women having sex is not immoral or terrible or disgusting. It's necessary for our health and well being, just like YOU.

I have two grandchildren who were both conceived while their mother was on the pill. Since we all live in Canada, abortion was always an option, but this is what "pro choice" really means. I have a fifty year old son who was also a "surprise".

Birth control in the real world isn't nearly as reliable as Big Pharma keeps telling us. Many women can't take the Pill, and I was one of them. It made me violently ill, as did pregnancy. You notice that the women on this board aren't the ones saying that women should be using birth control, because they know that it's not nearly as easy to prevent pregnancy or as reliable as the statistics would have you believe.

Yes, we are always aware that being involve in a sexual relationship has its issues, pregnancy being one of them, but sexuality is not just about procreation, and science is showing us that both our physical and emotion health and well being as adults, is very much tied to a healthy sexual relationship.

It's time for American men to realize that women having sex is not immoral or terrible or disgusting. It's necessary for our health and well being, just like YOU.
Uh, we do realize that. Who ever gave you such a strange idea like that?

Psalms 139:
1665408749777.png
12 Yea, the darkness hideth not from thee; but the night shineth as the day: the darkness and the light are both alike to thee.

13 For thou hast possessed my reins: thou hast covered me in my mother's womb.

14 I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well.

15 My substance was not hid from thee, when I was made in secret, and curiously wrought in the lowest parts of the earth.

16 Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being unperfect; and in thy book all my members were written, which in continuance were fashioned, when as yet there was none of them.

17 How precious also are thy thoughts unto me, O God! how great is the sum of them!

:yes_text12:

Interesting drawing, but it doesn't change the facts. Abortion is not murder.

It's the intention killing of an innocent human being, in the total absence of any circumstances that would normally justify taking a human life.

There are no semantic or legalistic games that you can play, to hide what this truly is.

Whether you acknowledge it as such or not, it is murder, of the very worst sort.

It's the intention killing of an innocent human being, in the total absence of any circumstances that would normally justify taking a human life.

There are no semantic or legalistic games that you can play, to hide what this truly is.

Whether you acknowledge it as such or not, it is murder, of the very worst sort.
Are you opposed to all abortions, or just some?

Forum List

Back