Politics is a cult period

Sorry dude, this is not a "both sides" issue.

The tRumplings are a cult, period flipping dot.

View attachment 887705
Your cult is not based on the President, it is based on the organization known as the DNC.

It's like this, Biden could get up on stage, soil his pants, and make a fool of himself because he is clearly infirm and you are Ok with it because there is a "D" by his name.

Cults, like the Jim Jones cult or Trump cult is based on a personality, as where the DNC is a cult like a Jehovah's Witness follows the Watchtower for talking points on how to think and behave. Both a cult. The only difference is following a person verses an organization.

Your cult is not based on the President, it is based on the organization known as the DNC.

It's like this, Biden could get up on stage, soil his pants, and make a fool of himself because he is clearly infirm and you are Ok with it because there is a "D" by his name.

Cults, like the Jim Jones cult or Trump cult is based on a personality, as where the DNC is a cult like a Jehovah's Witness follows the Watchtower for talking points on how to think and behave. Both a cult. The only difference is following a person verses an organization.
Again, this is not a "both sides do it issue".

Neither the DNC nor the RNC constitute a cult, and the tRumpers qualify.

I would not say that everyone who voted for Trump is in a cult, would you?
No. But there are many who exhibit cult-like behavior.

Note to mods. The following came from a NYT article (Nation's First Voters Weigh Trump's Gravitational Pull) appearing in the print version today but for which I can't find an on line version, so no link.

Iowa resident Jan Altena is the author of some disturbing quotes. He says, "without a doubt I'm with Trump." He "wants a return to what he describes as conservative values of morality."

"There are not people standing up for ethical views anymore. During the Reagan years there was potential, but I think that was never the dominant world view. We need to be praying for god's revival."

I submit there is no way to approach Jan with respect to changing his mind since his beliefs are not based in reality.

As a nation, we are resigned to have to live with the consequences of a significant portion of the population being beyond persuasion based on reason, experience, or demonstrable truth. Therefore, unless that changes soon, the US is doomed to fail. The country cobbled together by Jefferson, Adams, Franklin, Madison, Lincoln, with blood, sweat, and tears, is on the cusp of being undone a buffoonish character who has failed at everything he has ever done except for apply his considerable skills as a manipulator of people to great success.

I heard a funny quote the other day from George Conway. "Trump may not be crazy enough to get committed to a mental institution, but if he were already in one they wouldn't let him out."

Forum List

Back