Lantern Lighting at Green Lake in Seattle To Commemorate The U.S. Bombing of Hiroshima

Maybe we shouldn't be sending the Ukraine money and weapons ?
Of course we shouldn't be.

We're supporting a war Russia was drawn into by the US, and which was intended to bog it down.

Our involvement is causing untold suffering in Ukraine, as was our creating the circumstances which caused Putin to invade.

Japan was defeated. It had no defense from air attacks that occurred in daylight every day and it's navy no longer existed as a viable force. The Bushido holdouts were desperately trying to negotiate reasonable surrender terms that included not executing the Emperor but the only president not to have graduated from college and president for about four months didn't have a freaking clue. The eggheads were dying to use their device and Truman gave the O.K.
Eggheads minus Einstein of course.

Actually before the bombs they asked for 1) No occupation, 2) They disarm themselves and 3) no war crimes trials, and 4)keeping the emperor.

My grandfather was slated for the 2nd wave of the proposed invasion, Bombs away in my book.
No. Prior to the first bomb drop, they asked Dirty Harry only one thing. Leave the emperor alone. He said…”fuck off and die.” Then after killing all those women and babies in cold blood with the two bombs, he said “okay.”

Admirals Nimitz and Leahy, along with General Eisenhower were in agreement that Japan would surrender before November and there was no reason to drop a nuke. Invasion for what? They no longer had a military that was a threat to anybody. We`ve all seen the news clip of Japanese committing suicide rather than surrender but that was years before we began bombing the hell out of Japan.
Good to see people here who know history, and can think rationally. :)

Uhhh....clearly we do use them or there would not be this thread.

Also, we were told the exact same thing about NK, that they would use them or sell them to terrorist once they had them. Here we are almost 2 decades later and that prediction of doom has failed.
^ Like.

No. Prior to the first bomb drop, they asked Dirty Harry only one thing. Leave the emperor alone. He said…”fuck off and die.” Then after killing all those women and babies in cold blood with the two bombs, he said “okay.”

They asked for 4 things, not just one. The Army's position was no occupation, they disarm themselves, no war crimes trials.

G

You aren’t thinking. Japan was trying to surrender and was essentially defenseless. Why drop those two bombs, unless you’re a racist fool trying to impress the Soviets?
Exactly.

In Truman's case, a racist fool who would have had the US fighting WITH Hitler AGAINST the USSR if, in his view, that was good for the US.

Truman was a sociopath.

Yes it did stop a war that was essentially over, this much is true.

Yet we to this day remain the only nation to ever use them and we think we have the moral authority to tell other countries they cannot have them.

Which has proven the correct thing to do.

Or do you think obummer letting Iran have nukes was a good thing?

Which has proven the correct thing to do.

Or do you think obummer letting Iran have nukes was a good thing?

One has to think of one other thing, if we didn't use them then, there is a chance we would have tried to use one later in the Cold War.

As for proliferation, too few nukes per country with them is actually more dangerous than too many. When both sides only have say 10-20 of the things, they can believe they could survive a counterstrike if they strike first. When you have a few thousand, that counterstrike can't be prevented.

MAD is a crazy concept, but it's worked for decades.

So you think a country known as the leading exporter of terrorism in the world should have a nuke.

Interesting.

I think it is funny as all get up how you all accept the claim they are the leading exporter of terrorism in the world from the same group of people you dismiss as deep state traitors 99% of the time.

I think it is funny as all get up how you all accept the claim they are the leading exporter of terrorism in the world from the same group of people you dismiss as deep state traitors 99% of the time.

I find it amusing you claim to think. I source my opinion from groups all over the world.

Not just our corrupt agency's. Add to that close friendships with folks who escaped the mad mullahs who are able to give me accurate translations of what the Iranians are saying and I am quite happy with that assertion.

I find it amusing you claim to think. I source my opinion from groups all over the world.

Not just our corrupt agency's. Add to that close friendships with folks who escaped the mad mullahs who are able to give me accurate translations of what the Iranians are saying and I am quite happy with that assertion.

The mad mullahs say a lot of things. Talk is just that, talk.

But I am sure you are just running over with Iranian friends! :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg:

The mad mullahs say a lot of things. Talk is just that, talk.

But I am sure you are just running over with Iranian friends! :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :laughing0301: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg:

And yet any third party 2 degrees of separation story about something Trump said IS THE END OF THE WORLD AND HE MUST BE PUNISHED!

Please just admit you don’t know anything about this topic, other than what the State told you.

These are “fucktard sources…”…lol

“The use of this barbarous weapon…was of no material assistance in our war against Japan.” —Adm. William Leahy, Truman's Chief of Staff

“It was a mistake.... [the scientists] had this toy and they wanted to try it out, so they dropped it.” —Adm. William “Bull” Halsey

“the Japanese position was hopeless even before the first atomic bomb fell, because the Japanese had lost control of their own air.” -US Army Air Forces, General Henry “Hap” Arnold

“It wasn’t necessary to hit them with that awful thing.” Ike…ever heard of him?

“the atomic bomb had nothing to do with the end of the war at all.” -Maj. Gen. Curtis LeMay
Quoting random people in the Government isnt going to cut it. I can produce quotes of people saying the opposite is true. If i did that, would you be convinced to change your mind? Of course not, so now you know how inneffective your rebuttel is. Show me PROOF that our long established and well documented history isnt true.

Forum List

Back