Kosher Jesus

Ok then.

Focus. Forget about the so called secular world. Stop worrying about what to eat and what to wear. Those things are for the godless to obsess over.

you have enough of work to do on yourself that remains undone to keep you busy for the rest of your life...

Stop wasting time.

Exactly why I study Torah.

I know that.

But there has to come a time when you put the book down and start doing whatever it is you should have learned to do that leads to a holy life by reading it. And its not about whats for dinner.

Is there really any chance that you haven't read it all before many many times?

Jesus didn't walk around clinging to the torah like a priest clings to crucifix or a baby clings to its bottle, even when he was a lot younger than you.

Wouldn't you prefer for God to make himself known to you before you died, while you still had the time to justify your existence and become worthy of the life you were given?

Purify your mind and be refined, then you will see God and the way to life will be revealed to you. Only God can open your mind to understand and make sense of the chaos you see and all of the confusing information that fills your head.

Its as simple as that.

My friend, I have been learning mostly Torah and Talmud (as opposed to Mishnah and the Prophets) for 35 years and I haven't even scratched the surface.
In terms of practicing what I study...everyday of my life I interact with my family, my customers, people on line at stores, people in other vehicles and myself.
My ego, my emotions, my attitudes and behavior have changed radically over the years.

I do not doubt that, and I commend you for your efforts.

Still, if you want to go all the way and become sinless, sell off everything you have bought into over all those years, come out of that tomb, pick up your own cross, and follow the teachings of Jesus, if you can grasp it..

what are the teachings of Jesus? How does a cross enter into the picture?

The basic teaching of Jesus is that the words of the law are figurative, the subjects hidden.

A cross enters the picture whenever a person has the audacity to rise from the dead and escape from whatever tomb they have found themselves in by accident of birth.

I know that.

But there has to come a time when you put the book down and start doing whatever it is you should have learned to do that leads to a holy life by reading it. And its not about whats for dinner.

Jesus didn't walk around clinging to the torah like a priest clings to crucifix or a baby clings to its bottle, even when he was a lot younger than you.

Wouldn't you prefer for God to make himself known to you before you died, while you still had the time to justify your existence and become worthy of the life you were given?

Purify your mind and be refined, then you will see God and the way to life will be revealed to you. Only God can open your mind to understand and make sense of the chaos you see and all of the confusing information that fills your head.

Its as simple as that.

My friend, I have been learning mostly Torah and Talmud (as opposed to Mishnah and the Prophets) for 35 years and I haven't even scratched the surface.
In terms of practicing what I study...everyday of my life I interact with my family, my customers, people on line at stores, people in other vehicles and myself.
My ego, my emotions, my attitudes and behavior have changed radically over the years.

Still, if you want to go all the way and become sinless, sell off everything you have bought into over all those years, come out of that tomb, pick up your own cross, and follow the teachings of Jesus, if you can grasp it..

The basic teaching of Jesus is that the words of the law are figurative, the subjects hidden.

A cross enters the picture whenever a person has the audacity to rise from the dead and escape from whatever tomb they have found themselves in by accident of birth.
Pretty cool...Hey guys! You know the last millennia of keeping the Commandments? Just kidding!

Nonsense Hobe... The cross represents " death" ... You are supposed to choose " life" not death....If one is truthfull and looks in the dictionary beside the symbol of the cross it reads Death... You can play the syBULL ism all you want... No Jew is going to willfully take up Death when Gd the father has given him or her Life.... You are pushing nonsense and another lie and have been caught with a number of them...

I know that.

Its as simple as that.

JESUS SAID THAT THE LAWS TRANSMITTED TO MOSES ARE A SECRET CODE BECAUSE "god" HAS A MACABRE
SENSE OF HUMOR? IN FACT CHRISTIANS HAVE CONSIDERED THE LAW---"YOU MAY NOT MURDER"----AS SIMPLE BULLSHIT-------NOW I UNDERSTAND WHY YOU WORSHIP SAINT ADOLF

in reference to ""figurative speech"" and "hidden meanings""
----I wonder what THAT (the shit above) "figures'' as-----and where deep in its stinking asshole "meaning" is "HIDDEN" (???)

Now you see Irosie everything is opposite the truth in Hobe and the Christian world... We are clearly told that Gd did not speak in riddles or secrets everything is in the open... It is only those that wish to cover and confuse these simple truths that say it is hidden... They twist the scriptures, they place their idol Jesus anywhere and everywhere it suits them and they come up with nonsensical circular arguments that lead nowhere and cover the ground with their bullshit...The cross is a symbol of death and any who hold onto it will get just that death....

Now you see Irosie everything is opposite the truth in Hobe and the Christian world... We are clearly told that Gd did not speak in riddles or secrets everything is in the open... It is only those that wish to cover and confuse these simple truths that say it is hidden... They twist the scriptures, they place their idol Jesus anywhere and everywhere it suits them and they come up with nonsensical circular arguments that lead nowhere and cover the ground with their bullshit...The cross is a symbol of death and any who hold onto it will get just that death....

my take is this----It IS a fact that it is very difficult for non jews
to so much as read jewish scriptures. They don't have the language and they don't understand even the simplest of imageries and poetic allusions or even SIMPLE IDEAS that are
part and parcel of -----jewish culture. Hobe seems to have come to the conclusion that maintaining kashrut is some kind
of VAST UNDERTAKING for every housewife that does it----it is ALL SHE THINKS ABOUT thus taking her mind from the "important" stuff-------like how a virgin gave birth to "god". Based on his approach----one might wonder how mary had time to dally with what hobe calls THE HOLY GHOST

Oh that is clever Irosie... My take would be it would be misunderstood as well again because in order for the Holy Ghost to do that Caspar the friendly ghost would have had to put a sheet on it to be seen like the Orthodox Jews are supposedly suppose to do....lol... Too funny...Course those customs are peculiar to ones who do not understand them to say the least...

Oh that is clever Irosie... My take would be it would be misunderstood as well again because in order for the Holy Ghost to do that Caspar the friendly ghost would have had to put a sheet on it to be seen like the Orthodox Jews are supposedly suppose to do....lol... Too funny...Course those customs are peculiar to ones who do not understand them to say the least...

something I noted in my childhood-----at least in the white bread town in which I grew up------That which jews do seem so STRANGE to Episcopalians and Methodists----that it annoys
them Just the word "kosher" spelled out in Hebrew letters
is something REALLY MYSTERIOUS AND MAGICAL to them-------Cuisine is the issue that bent hobe all out shape---"kosher" rules have him stymied. In fact all cultures have complicated
cuisine rules----that fact does not ANNOY ME. The variations on that which various HINDUS can eat or not eat or when
they can eat---or not eat is a lot more complex than "kosher"---
but it is "second nature"----to the various hindus so afflicted----I KNOW that JAINS do not devote their lives to THINKING about it-----

Well I have my own theory about kosher... I am not trying to push it just an observation... That being that we are supposed to be a " Holy" people with Holy meaning separate or distinct... Since we were dispersed from our land one of the ways to stay Holy or separate was to not being able to gather and eat with others thus if we could not eat their food then we would stay separate and distinct.... It might be one of the reasons we are still around today among others...You make excellent points regarding the Hindus... I am especially impressed by their ability in their madras to feed huge numbers of people and unlike Christianity they do not try to convert you they just pass the food out freely and without thought... True Zedaka... Each group has their own cultural bias is to food it is what makes different cultures unigue as well as how they dress and other things

something I noted in my childhood-----at least in the white bread town in which I grew up------That which jews do seem so STRANGE to Episcopalians and Methodists----that it annoys
them Just the word "kosher" spelled out in Hebrew letters
is something REALLY MYSTERIOUS AND MAGICAL to them-------Cuisine is the issue that bent hobe all out shape---"kosher" rules have him stymied. In fact all cultures have complicated
cuisine rules----that fact does not ANNOY ME. The variations on that which various HINDUS can eat or not eat or when
they can eat---or not eat is a lot more complex than "kosher"---
but it is "second nature"----to the various hindus so afflicted----I KNOW that JAINS do not devote their lives to THINKING about it-----
Well I have my own theory about kosher... I am not trying to push it just an observation... That being that we are supposed to be a " Holy" people with Holy meaning separate or distinct... Since we were dispersed from our land one of the ways to stay Holy or separate was to not being able to gather and eat with others thus if we could not eat their food then we would stay separate and distinct.... It might be one of the reasons we are still around today among others...You make excellent points regarding the Hindus... I am especially impressed by their ability in their madras to feed huge numbers of people and unlike Christianity they do not try to convert you they just pass the food out freely and without thought... True Zedaka... Each group has their own cultural bias is to food it is what makes different cultures unigue as well as how they dress and other things

It is not clear to me that the rules of kashrut or ANY CULTURAL or RELIGIOUS food rules have some kind
of LONG TERM SOCIAL INTENT----but it is certainly true
that the kosher thing has SERVED the end you describe.
People who I know who adhere-----do it---easily. It is just
as much part of cooking and eating for them as is turning on the oven----and cooking the diced onion in oil. I like the hindu veggie thing-----EVERYONE can eat it. Hindus seem not at all distressed about kosher----their rules are far more complex

hindus I have known are quite proud of their food culture---
kinda like----everyone gets fed------if only there was ENOUGH
food in India, There are ASHRAMS in upstate NY-----I have been told by a member that jews like to drop in because of the
all veggie and therefore kosher aspect. VEGGIES is the future

I am not sure Veggies are the future with the advent of 3 d printers no animal will need to be killed as these foods could be printed... But I do not disagree with you... I always find it humorous how people are so negative when it comes to food... It wasn't that long ago that Malthius proposed we would all starve to death because we could not keep up with feeding our growing population but we have not only kept up but still have large surpluses....It is distribution that is the problem....and look at India soon they will be the most populous country in the world with a much smaller landmass then the United States and yet lots of food is availiable... My issue with veggies is the huge amount of water and land needed to grow them... I think the Japanese came up with a better concept using caves and optic cables and drip irrigation to grow vast amounts of food with little or no water and land that was unusable for anything else... So if they go this route or something similar then yes veggies might indeed be the future...

Nonsense Hobe... The cross represents " death" ... You are supposed to choose " life" not death....

Life is the promise for obedience to the law of God, death the consequences for noncompliance.

To accept to the teaching of Jesus, that he received from God, about how to correctly understand and conform to the deeper implications of the divine commands is to choose life.

To pick up the cross and follow him is to be dead and accursed to ass kissers without a soul like you who have made lying in the name of God a deliberate choice.

Seriously, its really no big deal....

Now you see Irosie everything is opposite the truth in Hobe and the Christian world... We are clearly told that Gd did not speak in riddles or secrets everything is in the open.

If that were true then your 5000 + year history of applying the law according to the instructions in the talmud would not read like the long list of maledictions promised by Moses for failure to conform to the divine commands.

How could that be if dicking around about what or what not to eat for dinner is the way to a holy life and abundant blessings from God in this world?

Maybe it would be wise to consider the possibility that there is deeper hidden meaning in the words used by God in giving the law that are not directly connected to the literal meaning of the words used, just like Jesus openly proclaimed.

I wil give you treasures of dark vaults, hoarded in secret places, so that you may know that I am the Lord, the God of Israel, who summons you by name. Isaiah 45:3

You have heard what I said; consider it well, and now you must admit the truth of it. Now I show you new things, hidden things which you did not know before. Isaiah 48:6

Time was when many were aghast at you,my people, and so now many nations recoil at sight of him, and kings curl their lips in disgust. For they see what they had never been told and things unheard before fill their thoughts. Isaiah 52:14

Now you see Irosie everything is opposite the truth in Hobe and the Christian world... We are clearly told that Gd did not speak in riddles or secrets everything is in the open.

If that were true then your 5000 + year history of applying the law according to the instructions in the talmud would not read like the long list of maledictions promised by Moses for failure to conform to the divine commands.

How could that be if dicking around about what or what not to eat for dinner is the way to a holy life and abundant blessings from God in this world?

Maybe it would be wise to consider the possibility that there is deeper hidden meaning in the words used by God in giving the law that are not directly connected to the literal meaning of the words used, just like Jesus openly proclaimed.

I wil give you treasures of dark vaults, hoarded in secret places, so that you may know that I am the Lord, the God of Israel, who summons you by name. Isaiah 45:3

You have heard what I said; consider it well, and now you must admit the truth of it. Now I show you new things, hidden things which you did not know before. Isaiah 48:6

Time was when many were aghast at you,my people, and so now many nations recoil at sight of him, and kings curl their lips in disgust. For they see what they had never been told and things unheard before fill their thoughts. Isaiah 52:14

So Moshe's warnings to the Children of Israel coming true is proof that the Torah is FALSE?
The warnings have come true because we've been less than what we should be.
That, my friend, is absolute proof that the Torah is true.
Not like the BS TNT where everyone is a SAINT.

So Moshe's warnings to the Children of Israel coming true is proof that the Torah is FALSE?

No its not proof that its false, its overwhelming evidence that there has to be a better way to interpret and conform to the law that results in the fulfillment of the promise of life and the actual presence of the living God among us.

All of the maledictions being fulfilled for so many thousands of years is proof that you have not chosen life by conforming to the most superficial and ignorant interpretation of the law possible.

Sheesh.

As if it is too difficult to perceive the deeper implications of the law that prohibits eating the flesh of any unclean creature that does not ruminate.

Whats your problem?

Would refraining from the flesh (teaching) of talking serpents be too hard to do? would it be too inconvenient especially having spent so many years surrounded by a brood of vipers?

Last edited:

No its not proof that its false, its overwhelming evidence that there has to be a better way to interpret and conform to the law that results in the fulfillment of the promise of life and the actual presence of the living God among us.

All of the maledictions being fulfilled for so many thousands of years is proof that you have not chosen life by conforming to the most superficial and ignorant interpretation of the law possible.

Sheesh.

As if it is too difficult to perceive the deeper implications of the law that prohibits eating the flesh of any unclean creature that does not ruminate.

Whats your problem?

Would refraining from the flesh (teaching) of talking serpents be too hard to do? would it be too inconvenient?

Sorry, after 1,000 years of torturing and looting, the RCC has ZERO to say on the subject of humanity.
ESPECIALLY, when MOST of the hostility and murder against Jews was WROUGHT by the RCC.

Sheesh.

Whats your problem?

Would refraining from the flesh (teaching) of talking serpents be too hard to do? would it be too inconvenient?

Sorry, after 1,000 years of torturing and looting, the RCC has ZERO to say on the subject of humanity.
ESPECIALLY, when MOST of the hostility and murder against Jews was WROUGHT by the RCC.

Hey, don't get me wrong. I agree.

The Jewish people have always been right to reject out of hand the false sugar coated edible god made man made matzo made by human hands unleashed on he world buy the Roman empire after 325.c.e., and even if Jesus was right, he has never been accurately or clearly represented.

In other words, You are being given another chance at the fulfillment of the promise of life. Don't muck it up.

Sheesh.

Whats your problem?

Hey, don't get me wrong. I agree.

The Jewish people have always been right to reject out of hand the false sugar coated edible god made man made matzo made by human hands unleashed on he world buy the Roman empire after 325.c.e., and even if Jesus was right, he has never been accurately or clearly represented.

In other words, You are being given another chance at the fulfillment of the promise of life. Don't muck it up.

Study the Noachide laws...don't muck it up.

Forum List

Back