Ketangi Jackson

laferia52

Platinum Member
Nov 19, 2020
After watching Ketangi Jackson answer questions posed to her by senators I can say she is no Coney Barrett. Supreme Court Justice Barrett was very precise in her answers to questions posed to her in her confirmation hearings. I agree with Justice Barrett when she says that the Constitution should be interpreted as it is written and the laws should be applied as they are written. When one senator complained that some laws would harm people if the laws were strictly enforced Coney Barrett answered him telling him .If you don't like the law change it that is your job senator. I am not going to do your job for you.

After watching Ketangi Jackson answer questions posed to her by senators I can say she is no Coney Barrett. Supreme Court Justice Barrett was very precise in her answers to questions posed to her in her confirmation hearings. I agree with Justice Barrett when she says that the Constitution should be interpreted as it is written and the laws should be applied as they are written. When one senator complained that some laws would harm people if the laws were strictly enforced Coney Barrett answered him telling him .If you don't like the law change it that is your job senator. I am not going to do your job for you.
She is obviously out of her league. At best she belongs in a small-claims court.

She is a dumbass affirmative action Libtard Negro bitch. She just ain't all that smart.

Typical for Liberals. Across the board they are always dumber than doorknobs.

Just look at the ones that post on this forum. They never get anything right.

She is a dumbass affirmative action Libtard Negro bitch. She just ain't all that smart.

Typical for Liberals. Across the board they are always dumber than doorknobs.

Just look at the ones that post on this forum. They never get anything right.
She will be confirmed in a walk. I wouldn't be a bit surprised if a few Republicans vote for her. Not one of the showboating Republicans has managed to lay a glove on her.
You don't think she can be objective because she's black. Period. Your only solution is for the nominee to be white. End of story.

She's in. Like it or not. :)

She will be confirmed in a walk. I wouldn't be a bit surprised if a few Republicans vote for her. Not one of the showboating Republicans has managed to lay a glove on her.
You don't think she can be objective because she's black. Period. Your only solution is for the nominee to be white. End of story.

No, Brandon's only solution was a black woman. That narrows down the pool of nominees to 6% from America's least intelligent demographic.

WTF?

We didn’t bring up race Biden did.. to bad she will never be considered talented

After watching Ketangi Jackson answer questions posed to her by senators I can say she is no Coney Barrett.

Correct, Coney-Barrett was never a trial judge and presided over about 10 cases in her time.

Ketanji Brown is actually qualified, unlike Coney Barrett, so I agree with you: she is no Coney Barrett.

Thank you for sharing your amazing grasp of the obvious. She is obviously no Coney-Barrett; more like a young Auntie Maxine.
And thank you for sharing your racism.

Enjoy a liberal justice on the SCOTUS, and she is young too, so it'll be 50 years of her.

Eat shit.

I know that Republicans are chickenshit. God forbid one of them get called a racist because he/she voted against the dumbass unqualified affrimative action bitch.

However, if they stuck together all they would have to do is get one Democrat to jump ship. Not likely because they are all turds but not out of the realm of possibility.

This piece of shit Potatohead has really fucked this country in many ways. Nominating this hate filled dumbass affirmative action libtard to the Supreme Court is a big fucking of this country. She will never rule correctly on the Court.

If you think comparing her to a young Auntie Maxine is racist, then perhaps you're racist.
That's fine. Enjoy 50 years of her on the court.

Now hopefully the news about Clarence Thomas being in the hospital pans-out and he dies. Then Biden can pack another Liberal judge who is young on the SCOTUS. There will be no stopping us this time.

That's fine. Enjoy 50 years of her on the court.

Now hopefully the news about Clarence Thomas being in the hospital pans-out and he dies. Then Biden can pack another Liberal judge who is young on the SCOTUS. There will be no stopping us this time.
What have you got against Auntie Maxine? I would think comparing her to Ketanji would be high praise.

R youz wasit?

She went on to Harvard College, from which she graduated magna cum laude in 1992,

and Harvard Law School, graduating cum laude in 1996.

She spent the year between college and law school as a reporter and researcher at Time magazine in New York.

In the 17 years following her graduation from law school, Jackson held a variety of legal jobs.

She attained three federal clerkships,

worked at four elite law firms,

and served two stints with the Sentencing Commission.

From 1996 to 1997, Jackson served as a clerk to U.S District Judge Patti Saris, a Massachusetts judge appointed by President Bill Clinton.

She followed that clerkship with a second one, for Judge Bruce Selya, appointed to the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 1st Circuit by President Ronald Reagan, from 1997 to 1998.

Jackson then snagged a highly sought-after spot as an associate at Miller Cassidy Larroca & Lewin, a Washington litigation boutique that later merged with Baker Botts, a Texas-based firm.

A promotion to the country’s “second-highest court”

The D.C. Circuit is often dubbed the “second-highest court in the land” because of the many high-profile cases that it hears and because it has served as a launching pad for several Supreme Court justices. Among the current justices, Chief Justice John Roberts and Justices Clarence Thomas and Brett Kavanaugh all served on the D.C. Circuit before being nominated to the Supreme Court, as did the late Justices Antonin Scalia and Ruth Bader Ginsburg.

her mid-career decision to spend two years as a public defender
. In fact, the last justice with significant experience representing criminal defendants was Justice Thurgood Marshall, who retired in 1991.

In 2005, Jackson became an assistant federal public defender in Washington, D.C. At her 2021 confirmation hearing, Jackson drew “a direct line” between her work as a public defender and her later work as a trial judge.

As a public defender, Jackson argued in the D.C. Circuit, including before some of the judges who would later become her colleagues.

Jackson left Miller Cassidy after a year for a third clerkship, this time at the Supreme Court as a clerk for Breyer.

When her clerkship ended, Jackson became an associate in the Boston office of a large law firm, Goodwin Procter.

Jackson left Goodwin Procter in 2002 to become an associate at the firm then known as the Feinberg Group, now known as Feinberg Rozen.

In 2007, Jackson returned to private practice one last time. She became “of counsel” – a designation for lawyers who are neither associates nor partners – in the Washington office of Morrison & Foerster, a large San Francisco-based law firm. For three years, Jackson was part of the firm’s appellate litigation group, working on cases in the Supreme Court and in state and federal appeals courts around the country.

n 2010, she returned to the Sentencing Commission after Obama nominated her to serve as vice chair of the commission. The Senate confirmed her for the position by unanimous consent.

A federal district judgeship

In September 2012, Obama nominated Jackson to serve as a U.S. district judge in Washington, D.C. Although the Senate held hearings in December, it did not act on her nomination before the 112th Congress adjourned at the beginning of January. Obama nominated Jackson again on Jan. 4, 2013, and the Senate confirmed her by a voice vote in March.

Jackson was confirmed on June 14, 2021, by a vote of 53-44. Three Republicans – Susan Collins of Maine, Lindsey Graham of South Carolina, and Lisa Murkowski of Alaska – joined all Democrats in voting for her.

Profile of a potential nominee: Ketanji Brown Jackson - SCOTUSblog

She went on to Harvard College, from which she graduated magna cum laude in 1992,

and Harvard Law School, graduating cum laude in 1996.

She spent the year between college and law school as a reporter and researcher at Time magazine in New York.

In the 17 years following her graduation from law school, Jackson held a variety of legal jobs.

She attained three federal clerkships,

worked at four elite law firms,

and served two stints with the Sentencing Commission.

From 1996 to 1997, Jackson served as a clerk to U.S District Judge Patti Saris, a Massachusetts judge appointed by President Bill Clinton.

She followed that clerkship with a second one, for Judge Bruce Selya, appointed to the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 1st Circuit by President Ronald Reagan, from 1997 to 1998.

Jackson then snagged a highly sought-after spot as an associate at Miller Cassidy Larroca & Lewin, a Washington litigation boutique that later merged with Baker Botts, a Texas-based firm.

The D.C. Circuit is often dubbed the “second-highest court in the land” because of the many high-profile cases that it hears and because it has served as a launching pad for several Supreme Court justices. Among the current justices, Chief Justice John Roberts and Justices Clarence Thomas and Brett Kavanaugh all served on the D.C. Circuit before being nominated to the Supreme Court, as did the late Justices Antonin Scalia and Ruth Bader Ginsburg.

her mid-career decision to spend two years as a public defender
. In fact, the last justice with significant experience representing criminal defendants was Justice Thurgood Marshall, who retired in 1991.

In 2005, Jackson became an assistant federal public defender in Washington, D.C. At her 2021 confirmation hearing, Jackson drew “a direct line” between her work as a public defender and her later work as a trial judge.

As a public defender, Jackson argued in the D.C. Circuit, including before some of the judges who would later become her colleagues.

Jackson left Miller Cassidy after a year for a third clerkship, this time at the Supreme Court as a clerk for Breyer.

When her clerkship ended, Jackson became an associate in the Boston office of a large law firm, Goodwin Procter.

Jackson left Goodwin Procter in 2002 to become an associate at the firm then known as the Feinberg Group, now known as Feinberg Rozen.

In 2007, Jackson returned to private practice one last time. She became “of counsel” – a designation for lawyers who are neither associates nor partners – in the Washington office of Morrison & Foerster, a large San Francisco-based law firm. For three years, Jackson was part of the firm’s appellate litigation group, working on cases in the Supreme Court and in state and federal appeals courts around the country.

n 2010, she returned to the Sentencing Commission after Obama nominated her to serve as vice chair of the commission. The Senate confirmed her for the position by unanimous consent.

A federal district judgeship

In September 2012, Obama nominated Jackson to serve as a U.S. district judge in Washington, D.C. Although the Senate held hearings in December, it did not act on her nomination before the 112th Congress adjourned at the beginning of January. Obama nominated Jackson again on Jan. 4, 2013, and the Senate confirmed her by a voice vote in March.

Jackson was confirmed on June 14, 2021, by a vote of 53-44. Three Republicans – Susan Collins of Maine, Lindsey Graham of South Carolina, and Lisa Murkowski of Alaska – joined all Democrats in voting for her.

Profile of a potential nominee: Ketanji Brown Jackson - SCOTUSblog

So showing her LSAT scores should be no problem.

Forum List

Back