Medical Marijuana Leads to Addiction, Not Shown to Be Effective.

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
It is a psychoactive drug and medical experts are surprised when it alters the psyche? What Bizarro World have I landed in?
Shocking news from the world of science.
Said no one ever.
Huh, the next thing they'll tell us is that alcohol isn't an effective treatment for depression.

There’s good reason they bypass the FDA approval process.

“Gilman said it was ‘disturbing’ that patients treating symptoms of depression or anxiety with marijuana were the most vulnerable to developing cannabis use disorder. The study concluded that marijuana may ‘pose a high risk or may even be contraindicated for people with affective disorders.'”

Meaning Findings from this study suggest the need for further investigation into the benefits of medical marijuana card ownership for insomnia symptoms and the risk of CUD, particularly for those with anxiety or depressive symptoms.

I can think of no scenario where a psychoactive narcotic would be appropriate for treatment of mood disorders(Affective Disorders), such can provoke psychosis, and we have known exactly that going all the way back to the 1960's when serious experimentation was conducted. The percentage of inidividuals with a diagnosed Affective Disorder using cannabis, then developing psychosis is quite high, well above those who do not suffer from an Affective Disorder....

I can think of no scenario where a psychoactive narcotic would be appropriate for treatment of mood disorders(Affective Disorders), such can provoke psychosis, and we have known exactly that going all the way back to the 1960's when serious experimentation was conducted. The percentage of inidividuals with a diagnosed Affective Disorder using cannabis, then developing psychosis is quite high, well above those who do not suffer from an Affective Disorder....
Marijuana is complex chemically and not yet fully understood, but it is not a narcotic. Like alcohol, marijuana acts as both stimulant and depressant, but it lingers in body organs longer than alcohol. Smoking marijuana can injure mucosal tissue and may have more carcinogenic potential than tobacco.

Marijuana's effects on human cognitive functions ... - PubMed

ALL-CAUSE MORTALITY​

The Institute of Medicine (IOM) report Marijuana and Medicine: Assessing the Science Base states that “epidemiological data indicate that in the general population marijuana use is not associated with increased mortality” (IOM, 1999, p. 109). More recently, modeling studies have estimated that a substantial disease burden—and the associated decrements in the quality and length of life—can be attributed to cannabis use (Degenhardt et al., 2013; Imtiaz et al., 2016). By contrast, a recent systematic review informed by epidemiological data did not report a statistically significant association between cannabis use and mortality (Calabria et al., 2010). This section reviews the available literature to assess the evidence and develop conclusions about cannabis-related mortality.

Yes, marijuana has been shown to be particularly harmful to those with a predisposition for Schizophrenia, and may cause symptom onset earlier in life.

That’s why they refuse to submit it for FDA approval.

Big tobacco is behind the pot legalization/mainstreaming push so don’t expect honesty.
Those who advocate for pot normalization are addicts and psychopaths.
I am not nor is my mother we are skilled professionals that live a middle-income life...Do you have a link to prove your allegations?

Do you have a link or are we just supposed to listen to amateurs that have zero experience?

From your link: It is speculative at best.

Smoking cannabis daily doubles an individual's risk of developing a psychotic disorder, yet indicators of specific vulnerability have proved largely elusive. Genetic variation is one potential risk modifier. Single-nucleotide polymorphisms in the AKT1 and catechol-O-methyltransferase (COMT) genes have been implicated in the interaction between cannabis, psychosis and cognition, but no studies have examined their impact on an individual's acute response to smoked cannabis.

Smoking weed affects people differently just as other drugs do...We are not all carbon copy stamps of each other.

From your link: It is speculative at best.

Smoking cannabis daily doubles an individual's risk of developing a psychotic disorder, yet indicators of specific vulnerability have proved largely elusive. Genetic variation is one potential risk modifier. Single-nucleotide polymorphisms in the AKT1 and catechol-O-methyltransferase (COMT) genes have been implicated in the interaction between cannabis, psychosis and cognition, but no studies have examined their impact on an individual's acute response to smoked cannabis.
It's no speculative. There is a distinct connection especially in those individuals with specific genotypes.

AKT1 is one such gene.

READ THE PAPER.

611qd0.jpg

But I will continue to enjoy after a long day building million dollar houses.
Thank you for your concerns.

New Topics

Forum List

Back