Just When He Was Showing Signs Of Sanity ...

As
... he slips back into madness.

Gavin Newsom Declares California a ‘Nation-State’

Why is this madness? California is sending more money to Washington than what it gets back, and it's not getting anything close to what the state needs in terms of resources.

California wants universal health care, a better economic deal for workers, and a reasonable immigration policy. What it doesn't need is the reactionary, racist conservative fly-over states preventing them from properly caring for their people.

Why shouldn't the big dollar blue states secede and leave the red states to fend for themselves.
is almost always true, you are wrong again

Notably, high-tax California was no longer on the list of donor states, although just barely -- taxpayers there receive, on average, $12 more from the federal government than they pay out to it. Texas and Minnesota were also bumped offthe most recent list.

Don't you think California would be better off without the fiscal albatross of the federal government around its neck? Americans have the most inefficient and corrupt federal government in the first world. I look at all of the billions of dollars wasted on your endless federal elections in campaign spending and imagine what you could do for the American people with all of the billions poured into campaign spending were spent on education, infrastructure, and social programs.

Republicans build those inefficiencies into the programs in the guise of "fraud prevention", so that they will be inefficient and/or wasteful. They point to the inefficiencies and say the federal government is wasting money and the private sector could do it cheaper. Each program has to have its own means testing, instead of relying upon federal or state data bases. Pork for the business management people doing business with the government is masked as "privacy concerns" which prevent programs from sharing data.

Republicans don't want government programs to succeed. If they do, people will demand more of them. Reagan hated the War on Poverty. The War on Poverty, with its emphasis on education, and upward mobility, reduced poverty in America, from more than 25% in the 1980's, to around 10% when Reagan took office.

You are Canadian. Why do you care?

LOL. I didn't know she was a Canadian.

Piss off dragonlady, your opinions have no relevance here. Worry about your own goddamn country.

The same country it would take us a whole week to kick the shit out of.

A few months ago she tried arguing some American history with me. I was nearly dumbfounded by how little she knew what the hell she was talking about. Now it makes sense.

Piece of shit.

Dear Governor:

Please secede and make this a thing. And invite all the other lefty loons across America to join you. You have my sincerest blessing.
No one is talking succession...the Gov. is saying that if he can't get the federal help he needs..he'll use the economic power of the state to negotiate his own deals..which is completely legal, afaik. The danger is that if California withholds revenues to pay for their private deals..it hurts the country as a whole. 15% of the individual taxpayers contributions taken in by the Federal Govt. come from California. Given all the other stressors on our economy..we don't need a pissing match tying up funds that we will need for a recovery.

This constant refrain that California is totally leftist amuses me...plenty of Conservatives in California..and most of them are not happy with the Federal response as regards their state either.

Last edited:

Why is this madness? California is sending more money to Washington than what it gets back, and it's not getting anything close to what the state needs in terms of resources.

California wants universal health care, a better economic deal for workers, and a reasonable immigration policy. What it doesn't need is the reactionary, racist conservative fly-over states preventing them from properly caring for their people.

Why shouldn't the big dollar blue states secede and leave the red states to fend for themselves.

"Why shouldn't the big dollar blue states secede and leave the red states to fend for themselves."

LMFAO that's a hoot right there.

Where do you think all your fucking FOOD comes from you retard? By all means, secede. I dare you.
Hello? California is one of the largest agricultural regions in the world..never mind the US.....too funny!

What a tard. Wonder if he even knows the definition of a NATION STATE?

I guarantee you the following groups do not share the same culture and they all live in California.

Street bums/homeless
Gang bangers
Illegal aliens
Northern state conservatives
Woke leftists
Hollywood elites
Silicon valley snobs
Average Californians

On top of that California has some of the worst schools in the country, the most illegals, the greatest disparity of income, the most homeless people, the greatest amount of welfare recipients, absolutely crushing rents, and the greatest outward migration of the middle class in history because of taxes.let them secede and meet the same fate as South Carolina 160 years ago.

California will be a raging success when they raise the taxes and spend more money.

Lather rinse and repeat.

Let’s take what we can agree on. Is there pork and fraud in the government and the way spend money, absolutely. But this is across the board, big business gets to many handouts as does social service programs. Elections are not good examples because they really don’t spend that much money. Hilary spent 2 billion, Trump 500 million, so let’s double that for all races. 5 billion is pocket change.

But it is not true that republicans want programs to fail, they just don’t want so many programs while democrats have never seen a bigger govt program that they didn’t like. And then we have an ideological divide. You think anyone with a pulse in the country should get a check. I think only citizens should get a check. You think healthcare is a right, I don’t think I should have to pay for drug addicts or obese people who refuse to change their lifestyle.

but you can’t honestly just blame republicans. Just take Pelosi shananigans with the 2.3 trillion bill. Money for planned parenthood, diversity boards for all corporations(like that’s not a waste), money for the Kennedy center( and then they fired all the musician). now she wants a 60 billion slush fund to give to people who have no bank accounts or records with the irs(read illegals). You and I can both spot fraud in a heartbeat and have no problem identifying big business welfare.

but there are some basic truths. If you tax stuff you get less of it. If you give people money not to work they will not work. If you pay people more money not to get married you will have less family units. If you allow huge Corporations to collect endless cost overruns you will get more cost overruns. If you don’t hold politicians accountable for deficits you will get more deficits and debt.

i suspect there is a lot more that we could agree on. they should have a reality show where people like you and me get together and solve one policy problem at a time. Boy would that shame a bunch of pols.

As

is almost always true, you are wrong again

Notably, high-tax California was no longer on the list of donor states, although just barely -- taxpayers there receive, on average, $12 more from the federal government than they pay out to it. Texas and Minnesota were also bumped offthe most recent list.

Don't you think California would be better off without the fiscal albatross of the federal government around its neck? Americans have the most inefficient and corrupt federal government in the first world. I look at all of the billions of dollars wasted on your endless federal elections in campaign spending and imagine what you could do for the American people with all of the billions poured into campaign spending were spent on education, infrastructure, and social programs.

Republicans build those inefficiencies into the programs in the guise of "fraud prevention", so that they will be inefficient and/or wasteful. They point to the inefficiencies and say the federal government is wasting money and the private sector could do it cheaper. Each program has to have its own means testing, instead of relying upon federal or state data bases. Pork for the business management people doing business with the government is masked as "privacy concerns" which prevent programs from sharing data.

Republicans don't want government programs to succeed. If they do, people will demand more of them. Reagan hated the War on Poverty. The War on Poverty, with its emphasis on education, and upward mobility, reduced poverty in America, from more than 25% in the 1980's, to around 10% when Reagan took office.

You are Canadian. Why do you care?

LOL. I didn't know she was a Canadian.

Piss off dragonlady, your opinions have no relevance here. Worry about your own goddamn country.

The same country it would take us a whole week to kick the shit out of.

A few months ago she tried arguing some American history with me. I was nearly dumbfounded by how little she knew what the hell she was talking about. Now it makes sense.
She knows very little about anything that involves government or politics. She is dumber than a bag of rocks!

I would love to see a platoon of federal marshals blast into Sacramento and drag that little worm out in chains.

"Why shouldn't the big dollar blue states secede and leave the red states to fend for themselves."

Where do you think all your fucking FOOD comes from you retard? By all means, secede. I dare you.
Hello? California is one of the largest agricultural regions in the world..never mind the US.....too funny!

US cropland per USGS:

uscropland.png

Wanna try again?

US cropland per USGS:

View attachment 321325

Wanna try again?
ahh..area...i was referring to production--my bad..should have been clearer--if you were to break it down into dollars and cents..and the variety of crops grown--might see a diff. picture. millions of acres of corn or wheat does not equate--also..your map shows arable land..not necessarily land under cultivation. You would find that California cultivates 90%+ of it's arable land not under streets or houses--most places fall far short of that.

But..to get back to the point..California is not going to go hungry because Red states withhold food..but the Red states that do..will surely go broke...LOL!

Last edited:

US cropland per USGS:

View attachment 321325

Wanna try again?
ahh..area...i was referring to production--my bad..should have been clearer--if you were to break it down into dollars and cents..and the variety of crops grown--might see a diff. picture. millions of acres of corn or wheat does not equate--also..your map shows arable land..not necessarily land under cultivation. You would find that California cultivates 90%+ of it's arable land not under streets or houses--most places fall far short of that.

But..to get back to the point..California is not going to go hungry because Red states withhold food..but the Red states that do..will surely go broke...LOL!

"millions of acres of corn or wheat does not equate"

Uhh... it most certainly does. What the hell do you think cattle eat? (Protip: It ain't grapes and almonds.)

"your map shows arable land..not necessarily land under cultivation"

Cropland and arable land are the same thing, doofus.

cropland.png

"You would find that California cultivates 90%+ of it's arable land not under streets or houses"

No it does not. And even if it did, half the state is a goddamn desert. It doesn't hold a candle to the breadbasket. Stop making shit up.

"California is not going to go hungry because Red states withhold food..but the Red states that do..will surely go broke...LOL! "

Keep telling yourself that.

Dear Governor:

Please secede and make this a thing. And invite all the other lefty loons across America to join you. You have my sincerest blessing.
No one is talking succession...the Gov. is saying that if he can't get the federal help he needs..he'll use the economic power of the state to negotiate his own deals..which is completely legal, afaik. The danger is that if California withholds revenues to pay for their private deals..it hurts the country as a whole. 15% of the individual taxpayers contributions taken in by the Federal Govt. come from California. Given all the other stressors on our economy..we don't need a pissing match tying up funds that we will need for a recovery.

This constant refrain that California is totally leftist amuses me...plenty of Conservatives in California..and most of them are not happy with the Federal response as regards their state either.
California is 101% Leftist. Every branch controlled with a super majority Democrat stronghold. A few sprinklings of Republicans have zero say in the affairs of California now.

And now that Trump can invoke the Insurrection Act if Newsome does anything, don’t whine at his trial for treason.

Dear Governor:

California is 101% Leftist. Every branch controlled with a super majority Democrat stronghold. A few sprinklings of Republicans have zero say in the affairs of California now.

And now that Trump can invoke the Insurrection Act if Newsome does anything, don’t whine at his trial for treason.

California is 101% Leftist.

California has a higher GDP and population than your country.....so bite me....

Dear Governor:

California is 101% Leftist.

California has a higher GDP and population than your country.....so bite me....

You really want to argue that it is because Californains are industrious ?

Or that it has more natural resources...water and growing season than most other places...not to mention beaches and a large military operations group.

Back to the fact that California is not a nation state. At least not the one Boresome thinks it is.

Where have you been?
California already floated the idea of universal healthcare and it was rejected as to expensive.
A better economic deal for workers? How about they stop taxing the living shit out of every damn thing?

Forum List

Back