Just getting into the Mary Tyler Moore Show and the Rhoda character should have been played by a Ugly women

fbj

Gold Member
Jul 10, 2014
Because it wasn't realistic that someone who was as pretty as her would have a hard time getting to a 2nd date. The character says all the time men have no interest in her and never call her again after the 1st date. She was a very attractive woman who was single and lived alone and what man would not date someone like that??? LOL

Now I understand why her wedding was a Big TV event in 1974. LOL

That sort of thing goes on all the time. The script calls for a woman that can't find a man, and it's played by Jennifer Aniston. Duh. Or the script calls for someone who is surpassingly beautiful ("Sansa Stark") and it is played by Sophie Turner (yuk).

That sort of thing goes on all the time. The script calls for a woman that can't find a man, and it's played by Jennifer Aniston. Duh. Or the script calls for someone who is surpassingly beautiful ("Sansa Stark") and it is played by Sophie Turner (yuk).

Rhoda should have been played by a Melissa McCarthy type

Because it wasn't realistic that someone who was as pretty as her would have a hard time getting to a 2nd date. The character says all the time men have no interest in her and never call her again after the 1st date. She was a very attractive woman who was single and lived alone and what man would not date someone like that??? LOL

You are getting in to the Mary Tyler Moore show from the early 70s? Something tells me you don't miss Cowboys football much.

You are getting in to the Mary Tyler Moore show from the early 70s? Something tells me you don't miss Cowboys football much.

Working from home is the reason

Rhoda should have been played by a Melissa McCarthy type

Leslie Jones.

AKA.......somebody unattractive

Profoundly.

Forum List

Back