Handsome Halle Berry apologises for saying she wanted to play transgender character

50 years ago, people were a lot more open minded. Raquel Welch isn't a tranny, yet was not criticized at all for appearing as Myra Breckinridge on the silver screen.

She shouldn't have apologized for wanting the part. An actor's goal is to take parts that would further their acting abilities, not restrict themselves. I seem to recall that the Wayans' brothers played two white women in a comedy called "White Chicks." Did we hear slews of whites screaming that they were in "white-face?" No, and rightfully so. They were actors performing characters for a movie.

Why is there a black guy playing Hamilton? If a White guy played MLK, there would be a gorilla rampage and free flat screens for everyone!

I always thought Halle looked a little too manly.

Why is there a black guy playing Hamilton? If a White guy played MLK, there would be a gorilla rampage and free flat screens for everyone!

..you do know they said they don't want white actors? = racist!
etc many links

• Wow
Reactions: Taz
She shouldn't have apologized for wanting the part. An actor's goal is to take parts that would further their acting abilities, not restrict themselves. I seem to recall that the Wayans' brothers played two white women in a comedy called "White Chicks." Did we hear slews of whites screaming that they were in "white-face?" No, and rightfully so. They were actors performing characters for a movie.

That's why they call it "acting". The Duke played the part of Genghis Khan, even though he isn't oriental at all. On TV, Quincy Jones' daughter played a honky woman on "The Office". Should high schools with all black student bodies be prohibited from doing Shakespeare's Honky Plays? Should school with all white kids be forbidden from doing Raisin in the Sun? As long as the roles are being done respectfully I don't see the problem at all.

I disagree with the idea that she looked too manly. To me, she was always quite feminine and lovely.

I disagree with the idea that she looked too manly. To me, she was always quite feminine and lovely.
Short hair, muscles, White features, a gay husband...

She shouldn't have apologized for wanting the part. An actor's goal is to take parts that would further their acting abilities, not restrict themselves.
Only if they truly want such a thing to be their goal. They may have their reasons why they may not play just any kind of character. I have actually wondered that about my favorites. Is there a certain type of role that they do not have any interest in and why?

God bless you and my favorites always!!!

Holly

Short hair??? What the hell! It's just hair. Long, medium, short, it is irrelevant. As for muscles, you can find plenty of women body builders that make her look overwhelmingly feminine. The last I checked, plenty of blacks have features that aren't broad-nosed, very full lipped and big assed. Blacks come in all shades, from inky blue-black to fair-colored and freckled.

Does nobody have balls anymore? If somebody criticizes you, even if they are out of their fucking minds, do you have to apologize publicly?

Short hair??? What the hell! It's just hair. Long, medium, short, it is irrelevant. As for muscles, you can find plenty of women body builders that make her look overwhelmingly feminine. The last I checked, plenty of blacks have features that aren't broad-nosed, very full lipped and big assed. Blacks come in all shades, from inky blue-black to fair-colored and freckled.
What about the bulge in her pants?

Does nobody have balls anymore? If somebody criticizes you, even if they are out of their fucking minds, do you have to apologize publicly?
Amen to this. To me, the thought should be appreciated no matter what kind it is. Its better than people washing their hands of you completely.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Forum List

Back