Jeopardy contestants can't answer simply US history question

Votto

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2012

During a round of Double Jeopardy, contestant Robin Lozano chose the "Quotations" category for $800. Bialik gave him the clue from a very famous speech.

"'Government of the people, by the people, for the people' is from the end of this brief but powerful speech," she said.

The seconds ticked away before the buzzer sounded without any of the contestants offering even a guess at the solution to the clue.

The famous line came from the Gettysburg Address by Abraham Lincoln in November 1863.

It's just a good thing no one asked them what 2 + 2 equals. Their answer probably would have been it equals cis gender and trans.

Any fourth grader could answer that
Are you smarter than a 4th grader?

While familiar with the quote, I didn't know exactly which speech it came from. Then again, I will never make the cut to be a Jeopardy contestant.

Most had to recite the Gettysburg Address. In Fifth Grade I had to memorize the State Capitols. Don’t remember most of them.

During a round of Double Jeopardy, contestant Robin Lozano chose the "Quotations" category for $800. Bialik gave him the clue from a very famous speech.

"'Government of the people, by the people, for the people' is from the end of this brief but powerful speech," she said.

The seconds ticked away before the buzzer sounded without any of the contestants offering even a guess at the solution to the clue.

The famous line came from the Gettysburg Address by Abraham Lincoln in November 1863.

It's just a good thing no one asked them what 2 + 2 equals. Their answer probably would have been it equals cis gender and trans.
I saw that... I was stunned.

Yeah saw that. Not surprising really, that they didn’t know the answer. Like so much in the USA, our school systems are failing too.

At any rate, Dishonest Abe lied when he said those famous words. The people didn’t want his war. He should have said, “of the rich, by the rich, for the rich.”

While familiar with the quote, I didn't know exactly which speech it came from. Then again, I will never make the cut to be a Jeopardy contestant.
Now there is a show that I miss only the name of it is Are You Smarter Than A Fifth Grader of course. I loved watching Jeff Foxworthy host it. :) :) :)

God bless you and him always!!!

Holly

Now there is a show that I miss only the name of it is Are You Smarter Than A Fifth Grader of course. I loved watching Jeff Foxworthy host it. :) :) :)

God bless you and him always!!!

Holly
You learn a lot of things in Fifth Grade that don’t apply to being an adult.
That is why we tend to forget them.

State Capitols
Roman Numerals
Sentence structure

Most had to recite the Gettysburg Address. In Fifth Grade I had to memorize the State Capitols. Don’t remember most of them.
How long ago was that?

I doubt they do that anymore, especially since many on the Left want to cancel Lincoln.

No, if you were in school they would be teaching you the 2632 different gender pronouns they have created for us.

Forum List

Back