Jefferson Davis the founder of the confederacy wife was BLACK!!

how does that ^^^^ relate to VARINA DAVIS??? you got something or are you guessing?

gee----I searched-----lots on VARINA DAVIS---but nothing to suggest that she was enslaved. She
had family in both northern and southern states---
well educated was very opinionated on the war. -----got anything, Miss Vine on Ms. Varina Davis

Sally Hemings, Thomas Jefferson's mulatto slave and mistress, bore him 6 children.
1642747465801.png

Their daughter Henrietta. She was freed per her father's agreement with Sally, and Henrietta moved away and passed as white her whole life.

1642747619193.png

You didn't need a lot of black blood--wasn't it something like 1/32nd? (One gr-gr-gr grandparent)

Sally Hemings, Thomas Jefferson's mulatto slave and mistress, bore him 6 children.
View attachment 590749

Their daughter Henrietta. She was freed per her father's agreement with Sally, and Henrietta moved away and passed as white her whole life.

View attachment 590751

You didn't need a lot of black blood--wasn't it something like 1/32nd? (One gr-gr-gr grandparent)

Oh my God, is this stupid story still out there? Did no one actually read the DNA report?

The Y chromosomes of the family lines of Hemings' oldest son, Thomas, and her youngest son, Eston, were tested against the Y chromosome of Jefferson's paternal uncle. Thomas was the child about whom this stupid rumor was originally started back in 1802. The test showed that he definitively was NOT related to Jefferson in any way.

Eston, the youngest son, was fathered by someone in the Jefferson family. At the time he was born, Jefferson was 64 years old, and there were 25 living Jefferson males in Virginia, 8 in the neighborhood of Monticello.

There are no contemporary writings from that time lending any credence to the idea that Jefferson was involved with Hemings, although there are several that mention the belief that his younger brother, Randolph, was.

All of this was published in the report on the genetic testing, not that apparently anyone bothered to read it.

Oh my God, is this stupid story still out there? Did no one actually read the DNA report?

The Y chromosomes of the family lines of Hemings' oldest son, Thomas, and her youngest son, Eston, were tested against the Y chromosome of Jefferson's paternal uncle. Thomas was the child about whom this stupid rumor was originally started back in 1802. The test showed that he definitively was NOT related to Jefferson in any way.

Eston, the youngest son, was fathered by someone in the Jefferson family. At the time he was born, Jefferson was 64 years old, and there were 25 living Jefferson males in Virginia, 8 in the neighborhood of Monticello.

There are no contemporary writings from that time lending any credence to the idea that Jefferson was involved with Hemings, although there are several that mention the belief that his younger brother, Randolph, was.

All of this was published in the report on the genetic testing, not that apparently anyone bothered to read it.
A Jefferson had children with a slave and it was not uncommon for White’s back then to fathered children with their more attractive slaves…

Sad we must argue about stuff that is truly not that important but one thing is for sure anyone could see me they would know you can’t get whiter than me unless you are Albino, so no black in there genes but I have been in some black jeans…

Anyhoo, can you link the study you are writing about so I can read it and no I will not Google, Bing or Duck it but I am kinky just requesting my kind lady…

A Jefferson had children with a slave and it was not uncommon for White’s back then to fathered children with their more attractive slaves…

Sad we must argue about stuff that is truly not that important but one thing is for sure anyone could see me they would know you can’t get whiter than me unless you are Albino, so no black in there genes but I have been in some black jeans…

Anyhoo, can you link the study you are writing about so I can read it and no I will not Google, Bing or Duck it but I am kinky just requesting my kind lady…
Cecile's information is heavily influenced by the white snobs in the Jefferson line who refuse to acknowledge their black half siblings.

Although he married only once, Thomas Jefferson had two families. The first was by his wife, Martha Wayles Jefferson; the second, after her death, was by her young half sister, Jefferson’s quadroon slave Sally Hemings. This was known and eagerly publicized by the anti-Jefferson press during his first term as President. Despite pleas of Republican editors to deny the liaison, Jefferson maintained then, and thereafter to his death, a tight-lipped silence....
The stories of what happened to Jefferson’s slave children and their descendants, long shrouded in mystery, are now emerging as a flood of information is being released by these long-silent heirs. Jefferson’s treatment of his “black” children now appears as typical among those slave owners who detested the slave system. He never publicly acknowledged paternity; to do so in defiance of the omnipresent racial taboo would have meant social ostracism and political annihilation. But he educated his children privately, if casually (two became musicians); he allowed those who came of age during his lifetime to “run away,” aiding them with money; and he freed the two youngest sons in his will. Those of his children who “passed” and married whites were protected by a mantle of silence at least as essential to their welfare as to his own.

Maybe the bigger issue is that intimate relations between Caucasian men and African American women in the South was an open secret.

After the segregationist Senator Strom Thurmond died (1902 - 2003), we finally learned that he had even fathered a child with an African American maid.

The child is now a grown woman. The Thurmond family has acknowledged that her father was the Senator.

Cecile's information is heavily influenced by the white snobs in the Jefferson line who refuse to acknowledge their black half siblings.

Although he married only once, Thomas Jefferson had two families. The first was by his wife, Martha Wayles Jefferson; the second, after her death, was by her young half sister, Jefferson’s quadroon slave Sally Hemings. This was known and eagerly publicized by the anti-Jefferson press during his first term as President. Despite pleas of Republican editors to deny the liaison, Jefferson maintained then, and thereafter to his death, a tight-lipped silence....
The stories of what happened to Jefferson’s slave children and their descendants, long shrouded in mystery, are now emerging as a flood of information is being released by these long-silent heirs. Jefferson’s treatment of his “black” children now appears as typical among those slave owners who detested the slave system. He never publicly acknowledged paternity; to do so in defiance of the omnipresent racial taboo would have meant social ostracism and political annihilation. But he educated his children privately, if casually (two became musicians); he allowed those who came of age during his lifetime to “run away,” aiding them with money; and he freed the two youngest sons in his will. Those of his children who “passed” and married whites were protected by a mantle of silence at least as essential to their welfare as to his own.

"Cecile's [sic] information" comes from the report on the DNA test, genius. However much you want to believe your fun, salacious storyline, however much you want to believe that anything that spoils your fun is just "white snobs", all you've really done here is proven that you think fact is whatever you enjoy believing the most.

From the abstract of the DNA report as published in Nature:

Interestingly, Jefferson's haplotype does not match male descendants of Sally's first son, Tom Woodson. The simplest explanation is that Jefferson was not Tom's father. (Emphasis mine)

Did you have any ACTUAL refutation of anything I said, or did you just have opinion pieces written by people who like gossip and rumors the way you do?

Last edited:
"Cecile's [sic] information" comes from the report on the DNA test, genius. However much you want to believe your fun, salacious storyline, however much you want to believe that anything that spoils your fun is just "white snobs", all you've really done here is proven that you think fact is whatever you enjoy believing the most.

From the abstract of the DNA report as published in Nature:

Interestingly, Jefferson's haplotype does not match male descendants of Sally's first son, Tom Woodson. The simplest explanation is that Jefferson was not Tom's father. (Emphasis mine)

Did you have any ACTUAL refutation of anything I said, or did you just have opinion pieces written by people who like gossip and rumors the way you do?
What it proves is some Jefferson was the father of all but Tom, and since contemporaries and family members knew about the ongoing relationship between Sally and Jefferson, why is it far fetched to think it was Jefferson? Only the white snobs in the family are contesting it.

In 1998, the scientific journal Nature published the results of DNA tests designed to shed new light on questions first asked some two hundred years earlier: Did Thomas Jefferson have a relationship with a woman who was his slave? Did that relationship produce children?
Now, the new scientific evidence has been correlated with the existing documentary record, and a consensus of historians and other experts who have examined the issue agree that the question has largely been answered: Thomas Jefferson fathered at least one of Sally Hemings's children, and quite probably all six. The language of "proof" does not translate perfectly from science and the law to the historian's craft, however. And the DNA findings in this case are only one piece of a complicated puzzle that many in previous generations worked hard to make sure we might never solve.

Read on, Cecilie, if you want the truth.

Last edited:

For Christ sakes democrats have lied about our history! They should not be teaching our fucking children! The confederacy had nothing to do with the hate of another race!
it was all about state rights!

get democrats away from our children!View attachment 366101thats a soul sista!

She wasn't black. She was from Natchez. You have never been to MISS have you?

Varina Davis - Wikipedia
Varina Anne Banks Howell Davis (May 7, 1826 – October 16, 1906) was the only First Lady of the Confederate States of America, and the longtime second wife of President Jefferson Davis. She moved to a house in Richmond, Virginia, in mid-1861, and lived there for the remainder of the American ...See more
Early life and education
Varina Anne Banks Howell was born in 1826 at Natchez, Mississippi, the daughter of William Burr Howell and Margaret Louisa Kempe. Her father was from a distinguished family in New Jersey: His father, ...See more

Marriage and family
Jefferson Davis was a 35-year-old widower when he and Varina met. His first wife, Sarah Knox Taylor, daughter of his commanding officer Zachary Taylor while he was in the Army, had died of malariathree months after their wedding in 1835. Davis mourned her and ...See more
Urban life in Washington, DC
Jefferson Davis was elected in 1846 to the U.S. House of Representativesand Varina accompanied him to Washington, D.C., which she loved. She was stimulated by the social life with intelligent people and was known for making "unorthodox observations". Among ...See more

Postwar
When the war ended, the Davises fled South seeking to escape to Europe. They were captured by federal troops and Jefferson Davis was ...See more

A campaign has begun for making Confederates seem less racist. After all, how could they be racist bigots if their first lady was a black woman?
She was white, outspoken, and flatly against Slavery while being pro women's rights. She btw was also flat out against the WAR and was well hated by her inlaws for her comments among other things. She was part Welsh and had the darker features of the Welsh. She had relatives on both sides of the war.

For Christ sakes democrats have lied about our history! They should not be teaching our fucking children! The confederacy had nothing to do with the hate of another race!
it was all about state rights!

get democrats away from our children!View attachment 366101thats a soul sista!

Varina Davis was Varina was born in Natchez, She was described as tall and thin, with an olive complexion attributed to Welsh ancestors.

I know the Irish have some racial traits we can stereotype ... but calling them Black is chromographical wrong ... Varina Davis was as white as anyone from the UK ...

States have never had the right to conclude foreign treaties ... nor the right to impose (or ignore) import tariffs ... recently, the current administration imposed tariffs on imports from China, are you suggesting California had the right to not pay these tariffs and undercut the rest of the US economy? ... that's exactly what the South was doing by purchasing all their equipment from England, together they wanted to wreak the Northeast's economy ...

Obviously ... you attended a really really bad school ... neither I nor my children were told this in public school ... we were given the complete rundown of all the important causes to the Civil War ... I'm sorry you missed out on this, your community needs to spend more tax dollars on your schools I guess ...
Whatg the fuck are you smoking? Look at the god damn picture you imbecile! :laugh:

Do yourselves a favor if you have any interest in this bullcrap thread. Google Varina Davis and click on "Images". The photo used by the OP is clearly the only available photo of her looking even remotely black. All the others depicting her in all stages of her life and from various angles and multiple poses confirm her as unquestionably a white woman.
cba3215a377d66e72827345cafc7f70e.jpg

Forum List

Back