Jahi McMath 13 years old

alan1

Gold Member
Dec 13, 2008
Shoveling the ashes
Jahi McMath's family, Oakland hospital discussing girl's transfer - CNN.com
A California court hearing concluded Friday with the family of Jahi McMath -- a 13-year-old girl on a ventilator who has been declared dead by doctors -- and a hospital agreeing on a protocol for the release of the girl to another facility.

The hospital says she is dead and wants to pull the plug.
The mother believes she may recover and wants care to continue.

I've been involved in the decision of whether or not to cut off life support for a loved one. It's not an easy choice.

If Jahi was your child, what would you think?

I've been involved in the decision of whether or not to cut off life support for a loved one. It's not an easy choice.

Most parents would want to continue life support regardless of the cost and futility. That's why we can't leave the decision in their hands. It's a waste of resources.

A California court hearing concluded Friday with the family of Jahi McMath -- a 13-year-old girl on a ventilator who has been declared dead by doctors -- and a hospital agreeing on a protocol for the release of the girl to another facility.

She IS dead.

her corpse is a money making machine for the family, that is why the farce is going on.

Most parents would want to continue life support regardless of the cost and futility. That's why we can't leave the decision in their hands. It's a waste of resources.

I disagree. I think most parents, if absolutely convinced that their child wouldn't be able to come back, would be able to let their child go in peace. It happens all the time, and this is an exceptional case. I think the doctors hoped that initially the family was going through the grieving process, and in time would accept the inevitable. I wouldn't blame any parent for wanting to be certain though, and even asking for outside opinions, such as the case in the link:

'Miracle recovery' of teen declared brain dead by four doctors - Telegraph

that is evil VOX!

they are a grieving family who lost a child yet they can still kiss her face and feel her hand.

this post makes me not like you as much

She IS dead.

her corpse is a money making machine for the family, that is why the farce is going on.

WHAT is WRONG with YOU?????????????????????????????????????

Their precious little girl is dead and you're saying they're in it for the money?

There is something wrong with some rw's. There just is. Read this board - thread after thread an post after post - all about hating other people.

But then, sometimes they really outdo themselves - like this from Vox. Not just Vox though. There are others here who are just plan vile and vicious and unthinking in their hatred.

Its like there was something left out of them. They're incapable of basic human feeling, empathy, sympathy. We saw it with the killing of Trayvon Martin. They actually cheered that a child was chased and gunned down and then they cheered more when his killer bilked fools out of more than $400K and didn't pay his attorneys one cent. The worst was when they said that Trayvon's parents were 'in it for the money' too.

As though any amount of money in the world could replace a child. Well, apparently, money can replace their children.

This isn't because these two people are black. Its not just blacks and Muslim they mindlessly hate. The haters attack women, gays, children and anyone else that catches their fancy. And almost all of them say they're "christians".

I said elsewhere that I believe they are in the minority but sometimes I wonder.

Like I said years ago

the current republican party we have is run by sociopaths

There is something wrong with some rw's. There just is. Read this board - thread after thread an post after post - all about hating other people.

But then, sometimes they really outdo themselves - like this from Vox. Not just Vox though. There are others here who are just plan vile and vicious and unthinking in their hatred.

Its like there was something left out of them. They're incapable of basic human feeling, empathy, sympathy. We saw it with the killing of Trayvon Martin. They actually cheered that a child was chased and gunned down and then they cheered more when his killer bilked fools out of more than $400K and didn't pay his attorneys one cent. The worst was when they said that Trayvon's parents were 'in it for the money' too.

As though any amount of money in the world could replace a child. Well, apparently, money can replace their children.

This isn't because these two people are black. Its not just blacks and Muslim they mindlessly hate. The haters attack women, gays, children and anyone else that catches their fancy. And almost all of them say they're "christians".

I said elsewhere that I believe they are in the minority but sometimes I wonder.

Its like there was something left out of them. They're incapable of basic human feeling, empathy, sympathy. We saw it with the killing of Trayvon Martin. They actually cheered that a child was chased and gunned down

Just to be clear here.Trayvon was killed because he had a bag of candy and a soft drink.

As least that's the story the Libs keep putting out... :eusa_hand:

What makes this so very hard is we have the technology today to even make this a question.

I'm going to pull a Sophia here and go in the old days the kid would be dead and please I am not trying to make light of this.

But now we have to make choices where in the past we wouldn't have any. This is hard. Ethically what should one do?

My mother signed a deal. Do not resuscitate.The agony is unreal. Standing aside. Oh the poor nurses. And oh poor me. It's horrible.

We face ethical questions now that in the past wouldn't exist. Somehow we have to come to terms with our brave new world.

Last edited:
My mother signed a deal. Do not resuscitate.The agony is unreal.

We face ethical questions now that in the past wouldn't exist. Somehow we have to come to terms with our brave new world.

Every so often, you stop speaking in evil tongues and say something quite human and humane.

Our social mores and customs have not kept up with out technology but we have always been pretty cowardly about such things. Even if one signs a DNR, some states (Texasss, for example) can ignore it. Same with some doctors and hospitals. And, of course, if even one family member objects, it all falls apart and you're stuck on a respirator until you rot.

The individual's wishes are routinely ignored in favor of taking a safe way out.

She IS dead.

Their precious little girl is dead and you're saying they're in it for the money?
WHAT is WRONG with YOU?????????????????????????????????????[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

stop screaming, you might get a heart attack.

this girl is dead from December 12. DEAD.

yet at the beginning I actually supported the decision of futile ventilation as I understand that the family is in shock and needs to adjust and needs some explanation and simply time. But Christmas passed and all the family did was to create an account and get more an more on press conferences to advertise their "plight" and started to get money from all over th USA - it became a BUSINESS for them.

People are stupid and uneducated - I understand that.
They need some time to adjust - I also understand that, too.

But what I do not understand and what I despise is turning a tragedy into the money-making FARCE.
which they did.

It is disgusting and it is setting a bad example for other greedy leeches out there which will not stop to make a buck even in such a situation.

that is evil VOX!

they are a grieving family who lost a child yet they can still kiss her face and feel her hand.

this post makes me not like you as much

until they started making money out of the tragedy I actually supported the extension of the time of totally futile ventilation. Because couple of days won't make much difference for the hospital and can make a difference for the parents.

And it did. They started a business from people's empathy.

Just to be clear here. This is not a family without insurance. And the hospital said they will transfer the body anywhere where the dead body will be accepted and they will pay for it.
They do not NEED the money.

Yet they did not decline it and are appearing on public more and more for advertizing.

DISGUSTING.

The objective choice is the easy choice. I hope she pays her hospital bill!

She IS dead.

[COLOR][SIZE]WHAT is WRONG with YOU?????????????????????????????????????[/COLOR][/SIZE]

yet at the beginning I actually supported the decision of futile ventilation as I understand that the family is in shock and needs to adjust and needs some explanation and simply time. But Christmas passed and all the family did was to create an account and get more an more on press conferences to advertise their "plight" and started to get money from all over th USA - it became a BUSINESS for them.

But what I do not understand and what I despise is turning a tragedy into the money-making FARCE.
which they did.

It is disgusting and it is setting a bad example for other greedy leeches out there which will not stop to make a buck even in such a situation.

But you sure as hell loved it when it was George Zimmerman bilking the gullible, didn't you. And, you loved it when that child was tragically killed.

Must be just about time for you to declare what a good christian you are.

Sociopath is right.

[COLOR][SIZE]WHAT is WRONG with YOU?????????????????????????????????????[/COLOR][/SIZE]

which they did.

But you sure as hell loved it when it was George Zimmerman bilking the gullible, didn't you. And, you loved it when that child was tragically killed.

Must be just about time for you to declare what a good christian you are.

Sociopath is right.

George Zimmerman has nothing to do with the obnoxious greed this family is demonstrating.

you lost.

The child is dead. While anyone could appreciate the pain this family went through, there has been plenty of time to come to grips with their loss. So far no facility will take the girl and no doctor will assume the responsibility. The hospital where she is wants a waiver. The family keeps saying they have a facility and a doctor though none has come forward. The family still needs money to pay for the transfer and ongoing care. The hospital has issued a death certificate. No insurance company in the world is going to pay for medical care after a death certificate has been issued. Not even to be nice.

From a litigation standpoint, the family is insisting the girl is alive. If she gets to a destination and that facility says they examined her and she's dead, when did she die and who is responsible?

They are collecting every day for her care. If the hospital in California caused her death, the family is limited to $250,000 recovery for medical malpractice. If they claim she "died" in another state without tort limitations recovery has the potential of being a million or more.

It looks like this started out in an overabundance of grief and changed to something quite different along the way.

Forum List

Back