It's is far time we impeach

There are government subsidies for that.

But where does the rest come from?

-Geaux

Hmmm- maybe we can make the rich pay their fair share.

Or buy a couple less 440 Million dollar Stealth Fighters that can't fly in the rain.

For the record, dumbass, we spend more per capita on Health Care than ANY country in the world.

The money is ALREADY out there. It just isn't being spent effectively.

Define rich and fair share
]
Standing by

-Geaux

-Geaux

Or buy a couple less 440 Million dollar Stealth Fighters that can't fly in the rain.

For the record, dumbass, we spend more per capita on Health Care than ANY country in the world.

]
Standing by

-Geaux

Anyone making over $250,000 should be paying at least 50% of his income in taxes.

The tax structure we had before that idiot Reagan was just fine.

But you never answered how poor people are to pay the premiums when they don't have jobs.

-Geaux

-Geaux

Taxes on medical device manufacturers, young healthy people buying insurance and not using it and taxes on pharmaceutical companies.

It isn't the best, most efficient way of doing it, that would be single payer, but it's what we have because our lawmakers are beholden to the insurance companies.

Now people who didn't have health insurance, have it. So now, a person who is sick can go see a doctor...or better yet, see the doctor BEFORE they get sick, get treated and don't die or end up in the emergency room...where the REALLY expensive care occurs (and you the taxpayer pay for)

Dude, you guys try pulling the shutdown trick again, Obama is going to look better than Clinton did.

Granny isn't going to like not getting her check because you want to deny health care to poor people.

It just makes you all look like a bunch of douchebags.

But you never answered how poor people are to pay the premiums when they don't have jobs.

-Geaux

where does the money come from for subsidies?? do you have any idea?

the govt has only 3 sources of money
1. taxes
2. borrowing
3. printing

which of those do you think is the best place to get money to pay subsidies to people who can't find jobs and can't pay their obamacare premiums?

-Geaux

1. taxes
2. borrowing
3. printing

which of those do you think is the best place to get money to pay subsidies to people who can't find jobs and can't pay their obamacare premiums?

Guy, you had me at "taxes".

What we ought to do is simple Keynesian economics. You tax the wealthy, and you provide jobs for the working class improving infrastructure. It's what we did in the 1930's and 1940's and it left us the richest, strongest country in the world.

And Republicans have spent the last 40 years trying to fuck that up.

]
Standing by

-Geaux

Anyone making over $250,000 should be paying at least 50% of his income in taxes.

Dude, you are a loon. Why on earth should someone give up 50 cents of every dollar they make? :cuckoo:

-Geaux

-Geaux

Taxes on medical device manufacturers, young healthy people buying insurance and not using it and taxes on pharmaceutical companies.

It isn't the best, most efficient way of doing it, that would be single payer, but it's what we have because our lawmakers are beholden to the insurance companies.

Now people who didn't have health insurance, have it. So now, a person who is sick can go see a doctor...or better yet, see the doctor BEFORE they get sick, get treated and don't die or end up in the emergency room...where the REALLY expensive care occurs (and you the taxpayer pay for)

taxes on medical devices--------who pays those taxes? the sick people who buy the devices

young healthy people may not want to pay for insurance---what gives the govt the right to force them to buy something?

taxes on pharmaceutical----------who pays those taxes? the sick people who buy the drugs.

so your solution, and obama's, is to put more taxes on sick people so that a few million poor people can get free insurance----------so you have any idea how stupid that is?

]
Standing by

-Geaux

Dude, you are a loon. Why on earth should someone give up 50 cents of every dollar they make? :cuckoo:

-Geaux

Because they benefit more from the society that let's them make that much than the waitress that slings hash for tips all day?

Frankly, the biggest problem with the big government you guys whine about is that you don't insist that it be paid for. If people paid for the government they got, we'd probably have less of it.

1. taxes
2. borrowing
3. printing

Guy, you had me at "taxes".

What we ought to do is simple Keynesian economics. You tax the wealthy, and you provide jobs for the working class improving infrastructure. It's what we did in the 1930's and 1940's and it left us the richest, strongest country in the world.

And Republicans have spent the last 40 years trying to fuck that up.

The rich already pay most of the income tax bill, half the country pays nothing. In the 30s and 40s the tax code was full of exemptions and deductions, no one was paying the maximum rates. the rich were better off then than they are now in terms of taxes.

-Geaux

I am happy with the cost of my insurance and service and I was paying for the sick already.

Bad idea. Making people pay for insurance they don't need then make the rest up with taxes.

Cost prohibitive

-Geaux

-Geaux

Because they benefit more from the society that let's them make that much than the waitress that slings hash for tips all day?

Frankly, the biggest problem with the big government you guys whine about is that you don't insist that it be paid for. If people paid for the government they got, we'd probably have less of it.

Society doesn't let them do anything. They earn it through sacrifice, risk and hard work. In this crappy economy 250K isn't shit. To say taxing someone 50% is the right thing to do is just insane

-Geaux

-Geaux

your last sentence is correct. If the half of the country that is paying nothing had some skin in the game they might demand less govt so they could keep more of their money.

In 2008 Obama said that raising the debt ceiling was unpatriotic and would hurt our children, now he is saying that the country will fall into ruin if we don't raise it.

was he wrong then or is he wrong now? was he lying then or is he lying now?

[

I am happy with the cost of my insurance and service and I was paying for the sick already.

Bad idea. Making people pay for insurance they don't need then make the rest up with taxes.

Cost prohibitive

-Geaux

Guy, the only thing making it "cost prohibitive" are the obscene profits reaped by Big Pharma and Big Insurance.

We spend MORE PER CAPITA than any country in the world.

The money is ALREADY being spent. it is just not being spent wisely.

When you are paying Ed Hanaway (Scumbag CEO of Cigna) $83,000,000 to Retire, but he is the one who blocked Cigna enrollees like Nataline Sarkisyan from getting a liver transplant, guess, what, a lack of money wasn't the problem.

A lack of common sense and decency was.

]
Standing by

-Geaux

-Geaux

what these loons don't get is that if the tax rates were as high as they want, the rich would either leave the country of quit working when they hit 250K each year. No one is going to work their ass off to send most of it to the govt so the govt can send it to someone who is sitting on his ass with his hand out asking for free shit.

[

Cost prohibitive

-Geaux

Guy, the only thing making it "cost prohibitive" are the obscene profits reaped by Big Pharma and Big Insurance.

When you are paying Ed Hanaway (Scumbag CEO of Cigna) $83,000,000 to Retire, but he is the one who blocked Cigna enrollees like Nataline Sarkisyan from getting a liver transplant, guess, what, a lack of money wasn't the problem.

Instead of taxing what you define as rich, why not reduce taxes on business and eliminate ACA, which creates more jobs, which in turn increases the taxpayer base? Duh

-Geaux

[quo
your last sentence is correct. If the half of the country that is paying nothing had some skin in the game they might demand less govt so they could keep more of their money.

In 2008 Obama said that raising the debt ceiling was unpatriotic and would hurt our children, now he is saying that the country will fall into ruin if we don't raise it.

Half the country isn't paying nothing.

Half the country directly or indirectly pays sales taxes, property taxes, state income taxes, Social security taxes, Medicare Taxes, fees, licenses and other ways the government squeezed blood from a turnip.

The Rich need to Man up and do their part.

And, yeah, there's a difference between raising the debt ceiling for paying for an illegal war and raising it to meet our obligations because Republicans crashed the economy.

[quo

Half the country isn't paying nothing.

Half the country directly or indirectly pays sales taxes, property taxes, state income taxes, Social security taxes, Medicare Taxes, fees, licenses and other ways the government squeezed blood from a turnip.

The Rich need to Man up and do their part.

And, yeah, there's a difference between raising the debt ceiling for paying for an illegal war and raising it to meet our obligations because Republicans crashed the economy.

Wow-- I want to say you can't make this stuff up, but you did. I stand corrected

-Geaux

-Geaux

Society doesn't let them do anything. They earn it through sacrifice, risk and hard work. In this crappy economy 250K isn't shit. To say taxing someone 50% is the right thing to do is just insane

-Geaux

Guy, I could live very comfortably on 250K and it would solve most of my problems.

Even after paying 50% of it in taxes.

So could most people.

[

Cost prohibitive

-Geaux

you are mixing your anger and envy of rich people with common sense. Yes, many CEOs make way too much, so do entertainers and athletes. Do you ever bitch about how much Jay Z makes? How about A-Rod?

I am glad to see that you are pissed about the obscene profits made by big pharma-------you do know that there is nothing in the ACA bill that will change that don't you?

-Geaux

Guy, I could live very comfortably on 250K and it would solve most of my problems.

Even after paying 50% of it in taxes.

So could most people.

Easy to say since you have no idea how hard you would have to work to achieve it. Your opinion would change I suspect

-Geaux

Forum List

Back