"It is not good to marry"

Anonymous1977

(NOT AFFILIATED WITH GROUP CALLED, "ANONYMOUS")
Nov 7, 2014
האי שלי
:) Question:

Some might find this Bible passage difficult. It seems like some people do not like to accept it.

Why exactly might some people find this passage difficult to accept. If you are a person who finds it difficult to accept, why is it difficult, if it's OK to ask?

I am an Agnostic, for the record; wouldn't want anyone to assume that I am a Bible-believer. But why would this passage be difficult for some?...

Thanks for all answers.

Matt. 19:10-12
(10)His disciples say unto him, If the case of the man be so with his wife, it is not good to marry.
(11)But he said unto them, All men cannot receive this saying, save they to whom it is given.
(12)For there are some eunuchs, which were so born from their mother's womb: and there are some eunuchs, which were made eunuchs of men: and there be eunuchs, which have made themselves eunuchs for the kingdom of heaven's sake. He that is able to receive it, let him receive it.

-

Last edited:
The OP has been edited; having some difficulties previewing posts so I have been posting & editing after the post.

Sorry for any trouble.
A1977

-

This Chapter of Mathew (19) - is about divorce....

Jesus is saying that sexual immorality is the only just cause for divorce.
That being said, the apostles ask Jesus if it's just best not to get married?
Jesus basically says what Paul said later in the New Testament, if you can remain single and commit your entire life to God, it's best. Marriage is Godly, but only as God intended. Between a man and woman and sexually faithful.

As an agnostic, how did you interpret this passage?

Forum List

Back